Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 NET Rankings Thread (Initial rankings 1/4/21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pie n eye
    replied
    Bracketology is something fun to talk about and it generates clicks but I don’t particularly care what Lunardi, Palm or any of those guys think. Last I checked they don’t actually set the field and usually aren’t that accurate until the day before selection Sunday. And that’s in a normal year, let alone this upside down bizarro season we’re living in.

I probably won’t read the article. Shockernet has been saying what we need to do to get in for a solid month now. Just because the big names can be bothered to actually look at our resume now doesn’t mean anything has changed.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by proshox View Post
    Just keep winning. The opinions will come around.
    Bold of you to assume we have games left to win!

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Just keep winning. The opinions will come around.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ah yes the ole moving goal posts. Wins vs the field (who is the field? who they decide? circular logic here). Top 100 teams? Because beating 103 UCF is SOOOO much worse than beating 98 Northwestern (5-14). Beating Houston "by a whisker" (by 5) ... I'm guessing no one will mention that Duke beat Virginia "by a whisker" (by 1)
    It's just so frustrating. It's like we're in the Missouri valley all over again. Not in a million years would I have guessed we would be first place in the American and not even knocking on the door of the tournament. Just weird!

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    I'm beginning to think that there is a small chance of making the tournament unless we win the American tournament. SMU and Memphis and the covid problems they are having are sealing our fate.

I have a feeling that later when they review the covid/contact tracing policies of the conference, there will be errors (at least policies that are no longer found to be valid) found in them and that will end up being a big part of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Ah yes the ole moving goal posts. Wins vs the field (who is the field? who they decide? circular logic here). Top 100 teams? Because beating 103 UCF is SOOOO much worse than beating 98 Northwestern (5-14). Beating Houston "by a whisker" (by 5) ... I'm guessing no one will mention that Duke beat Virginia "by a whisker" (by 1)

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    No credit given to the 7th rated confernece with all the teams in the conference 3rd best in the NET??? I'm still missing something...

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We aren’t that efficient and extremely lucky.
    This. When you win a lot of close games, this tends to happen unless you're playing highly-rated teams on the road every night.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

As the AQ or at large?
    They don't specify. I'm guessing most is AQ

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wuzee
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post

That's up from around four a week ago
    And it's also up from 4 prior to the Houston game. ;)

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    Bracketmatrix.com has us in on 47 of 100 bracket predictions. That's up from 4 prior to the Houston game and lists us in the "other at large" possibilities.

http://bracketmatrix.com/
    As the AQ or at large?

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    Bracketmatrix.com has us in on 47 of 100 bracket predictions. That's up from 4 prior to the Houston game and lists us in the "other at large" possibilities.

http://bracketmatrix.com/
    That's up from around four a week ago

Leave a comment:

• Wuzee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU is ranked #7 in KenPom in LUCK
    Perhaps the metrics should add an additional column titled "Common Sense" .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X