Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan
    replied
    AG gives us a few points for being a real PG, something we haven’t had the past few years. We need Dex to have a good game and get some production out of the post.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    I have no doubt Trey and CJ will help on the boards, and DD's gonna hit it hard too. Will it be enough? Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    This one may go about as well as last year.
    No, you have to remember we gain 30 from the loss of ES alone. We lose 8 for the loss of Echineque. But gain those back with TE's improvement. Now we just need DD, AG, MU and TW to step it up 10% and we win.

Leave a comment:

• Woodrow
    replied
    This is a winnable game for us. Our 5's and DD need to rebound like they can, but haven't yet this year. Houston starts boxing out on their offensive end with 3 guys before the person with the ball has even started to shoot. They did it over and over against SMU and a lot of their offense came from those offensive rebounds. Our guys just have to fight more for the rebounds. If we can win the rebounding battle inside we can win the game.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Would be an enormous win. Not sure if IB gets the full time gig here, however winning a game like this can boost your stock a lot with programs looking for a HC.
    If they win this HCIB is going to have a new problem ... managing ravenous fan expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    I will always believe we have a chance with TE on the court. Same feeling I had with Fred. Is there any coincidence that this team has more purpose and cohesiveness now that it is clearly TE's team? Obviously there are some additions by subtraction too. But you can't underestimate having a true leader on the court.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Would be an enormous win. Not sure if IB gets the full time gig here, however winning a game like this can boost your stock a lot with programs looking for a HC.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Our guys might not quite be refined yet, but they're hungry. This may be too tall of an order for them right now, but I'll be happy if they at least punch back unlike the past few years for the most part. I think they've surprised us all so far, so hopefully they keep doing it.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied

I like most of what I have seen. And honestly I was being a LITTLE sarcastic. This team has been resilient. And they have to guard us too.

However, with the way Houston rebounds and protects the rim. If we don't hit a lot of 3's it could get REAL ugly.

So if I am being 100% honest I could see this being a 15pt+ loss.
    No doubt Houston, on the road no less, will be the biggest challenge in this early season. They look like a legit top 10 team. Their biggest weakness might be their 3 point shooting but it’s not like they’re terrible shooters.

I don’t anticipate a win but I do think we are better equipped athletically and guard wise to compete with them this year.

8-15 point loss seems reasonable. I would be more surprised by a 33 point loss than a 1-3 point WSU win.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Based on what you’ve seen so far you think we’ll lose by 33?
    I like most of what I have seen. And honestly I was being a LITTLE sarcastic. This team has been resilient. And they have to guard us too.

However, with the way Houston rebounds and protects the rim. If we don't hit a lot of 3's it could get REAL ugly.

So if I am being 100% honest I could see this being a 15pt+ loss.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Based on what you’ve seen so far you think we’ll lose by 33?

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Simple. Just shoot 100% on the night and there will be nothing for Houston to rebound on our offensive end. Make Houston shoot 30+ footers all night so our guards can be the ones scrapping for the 20' clankers on the defensive end. Problem solved.
    Kung Wu in the early lead to replace Marshall with brilliant strategy. It's foolproof!

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Simple. Just shoot 100% on the night and there will be nothing for Houston to rebound on our offensive end. Make Houston shoot 30+ footers all night so our guards can be the ones scrapping for the 20' clankers on the defensive end. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    replied
    Watched Houston's win at SMU last night...they got about 429 offensive rebounds (or so it seemed) - if Wichita doesn't do a MUCH better job of cleaning up the defensive glass..it could get ugly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X