X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This is a game that could MAKE but not break the season IMO. A win would be amazing ... a loss isn't going to move the needle either way.
    it's a measuring stick for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Just hoping we stay relatively close and we can end the night with a good loss. But, there is always hope, no matter the odds. So Never Give Up!
    This is a game that could MAKE but not break the season IMO. A win would be amazing ... a loss isn't going to move the needle either way.

Leave a comment:

• 60Shock
    replied
    Just hoping we stay relatively close and we can end the night with a good loss. But, there is always hope, no matter the odds. So Never Give Up!

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Video of Kelvin Sampson's Media time prior to this game. Talks about WSU early on in the video and how he sees WSU is different this year vs last year.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Ole Miss has the 14 ranked defense right now per KenPom. Houston is 7. On paper that would suggest that Saturday was a good primer for Wednesday and that we might be able to score against a great Houston defense.

However, I looked at the last two years with Kermit as their coach and Ole Miss was nowhere near the top 50 in defensive efficiency rankings, let alone top 20. Houston on the other hand has been solidly in the top 15 the last three years.

I honestly have no idea why Ole Miss is ranked where they are on KP at this point. They’re 5-3 and don’t have a particularly notable win. They were 103 last year so it’s not like they’re still riding that wave.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Don’t forget about Ricky Council. He might have overtaken Clarence Jackson as the best rebounder of the newcomers.
    7 boards last Saturday

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

We played 2 Non D1s
    They also played kp347 Alcorn State and 309 Lamar. We'll call it even.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

This is almost as brilliant and effective as the poster who observed that when WSU scores more points than their opponent, they win every game.

You two better start writing your resignation letters to your current employers so you'll be ready when AD _Gregg Marshall________ comes knocking!

Leave a comment:

• FadedCrown
    replied
    So looking at team stats ... was a little bit surprised at the numbers...

WSU averages more ppg, more assists and is basically equal on the boards and FG%. I did not think any of those would be true.

Now Houston has a HUGE advantage on the defensive end. But i figured they would average more boards and assists than us for sure.

filedata/fetch?id=1271351&d=1609865010&type=thumb
    We played 2 Non D1s

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

WSU averages more ppg, more assists and is basically equal on the boards and FG%. I did not think any of those would be true.

Now Houston has a HUGE advantage on the defensive end. But i figured they would average more boards and assists than us for sure.

Wow, had no clue. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    I have no doubt Trey and CJ will help on the boards, and DD's gonna hit it hard too. Will it be enough? Maybe.
    Don’t forget about Ricky Council. He might have overtaken Clarence Jackson as the best rebounder of the newcomers.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Did you just? Did you? Did you just fill-in-the-blank our AD?

Ouch!
    Ummmm . . . maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

This is almost as brilliant and effective as the poster who observed that when WSU scores more points than their opponent, they win every game.

You two better start writing your resignation letters to your current employers so you'll be ready when AD _________ comes knocking!
    Did you just? Did you? Did you just fill-in-the-blank our AD?

Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Simple. Just shoot 100% on the night and there will be nothing for Houston to rebound on our offensive end. Make Houston shoot 30+ footers all night so our guards can be the ones scrapping for the 20' clankers on the defensive end. Problem solved.

You two better start writing your resignation letters to your current employers so you'll be ready when AD _________ comes knocking!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X