Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durtymofo20
    replied
    Best way too stop their bigs is get them in foul trouble and have them on the bench. Be aggressive but controlled. Wsu has more heart and determination this year then the last 2 we have a shot to win this. I just want our guys to be competitive

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    Not going over all the little stats I usually would look at in prep for a game. Looked at a few. Houston is like WSU in that it does not have a lot of size. I mean, if you lined up our players back to back with Houston players, they would be pretty similar. WHen the balls is in play, however, the Houston players "play bigger" than their size. And I would say that Houston plays more physical than the Shocks. I am in NO WAY meaning the Shocks would do well to try and match their physicality. Being on Houston's home court, those calls will not go WSU's way. Period. End of story - end of ballgame. I would say that Houston is also quicker on the perimeter and in help defense. So they get hands in the passing lanes and they get hands on interior shots from dribble penetration - leading to blocks and easy transition offense. In summary: they get after it on both ends of the floor. There's not a lot NOT to like about the way the Cougars play.

Being younger and still a little inexperienced, I think the Shocks play better when they are sped up a little. I'm hoping we can find a way to speed up our game on offense and score in transition, and at the same time, slow Houston down on their end in a half court game, and prevent them from scoring in transition as much as possible. The way I see it is this: Houston is good at "chaos" basketball. If the Shocks were used to "play angry", I would say Houston does well when they can create chaos. The only way I can see a WSU victory is to keep the slashers from crashing the offensive board, get a few easy buckets on our end to boost confidence, and keep those turnovers down. That's a tall order, something we don't have a lot of practice at yet.

Leave a comment:

• shockersx
    replied
    I’m really excited to watch this game tomorrow night. One thing I noticed that IB said in his press conference yesterday was how aggressive Houston’s bigs are on icing/trapping ball screens and doubling in the post. We had no idea how to handle that sort of pressure last year and that’s where we got overwhelmed and turned the ball over. I’m interested to see what IB does in response.

I also think this game comes down to rebounding the ball. I know I’m preaching to the choir here but we gotta be 10x better on the glass to give ourselves a chance.

Hope we can get it done, I’m loving how we’re playing this year and the job IB is doing with these guys

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post

grass is greenest where it’s watered
    The Process probably went to the Board of Wisdom for that one.

If anyone remembers that site, it was basically the easiest place where you could find any passive aggressive and/or vague meaningless sayings to put in your social media profile back in the mid 2000s.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Someone call up *******!!

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I hear Washington is a good landing spot for unappreciated studs.
    grass is greenest where it’s watered

Leave a comment:

• ArmyShockerFan
    replied
    https://youtu.be/rXEgnMuMjBw

Video of Kelvin Sampson's Media time prior to this game. Talks about WSU early on in the video and how he sees WSU is different this year vs last year.
    KS anaylsis between last year's team and this year's tream:

1. Better bench: Council, Jackson, Porter
    2. Able to break you down and get into the lane. Last year unable to do so.
    3. Better offensive rebounding team, play hard, tougher team. Closest team they've played that plays like UH.

Based on our athleticism we have a better chance to win this year, hopefully our bigs don't give up a ton of offensive rebounds and we should be in the game.

At the end of the day, between players transferring, Covid, GM investigation/coaching change these coaches have done an amazing job to even be talking about having a chance to win.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I hear Washington is a good landing spot for unappreciated studs.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Good God! Houston is #11? Did their program trajectory just go parabolic the exact same night after we beat them like a rented mule?

That’s a good observation. That seems to be when the “turn” happened.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Good God! Houston is #11? Did their program trajectory just go parabolic the exact same night after we beat them like a rented mule?

On second thought... watching that video was not the best idea... I got triggered by no less than 6 people: Marshall (gone), Morris (dick), Frankamp (drunk), McDuffie (fizzle), Shamet (defenseless) Reaves (turncoat), and ManBun (douchnozzle).....
    Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; January 5, 2021, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Not a surprise but he is spot on with his analysis of our team. I think we give them a battle and it comes down to rebounding. We can’t win if they get multiple shots off of offensive rebounds. I like our chances. I really really like our team. I just wish Jo B could have gotten more playing time against Ole Miss. I am predicting a 3 point win.

We also play a zone 50 percent of the game.
    I've always liked KS and the way he builds his teams. Tough, hard nosed, and play hard. The biter notwithstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Has the crew working the game been announced yet? That will determine how the game goes.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    https://youtu.be/rXEgnMuMjBw

Video of Kelvin Sampson's Media time prior to this game. Talks about WSU early on in the video and how he sees WSU is different this year vs last year.
    Not a surprise but he is spot on with his analysis of our team. I think we give them a battle and it comes down to rebounding. We can’t win if they get multiple shots off of offensive rebounds. I like our chances. I really really like our team. I just wish Jo B could have gotten more playing time against Ole Miss. I am predicting a 3 point win.

We also play a zone 50 percent of the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X