Wichita State vs. Newman Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I do like the idea of getting an extra conference home game out of this... Though ECU MIGHT end up being a Q2 road game ... Though I think no matter what it wouldn't account for anything anyways because it's ECU.
    If they end up doing back-to-back games of ECU vs WSU at WSU in late February, how does that work with something like Q2 road games? Would they both be counted as home games for WSU?
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Start JB, CJ, RC, Porter and lil Wade.
      My preference would be to work in the newcomers throughout most of the game with the more experienced guys. My thinking this is a better way to learn then playing with a bunch of guys who are all in the learining mode. Mix the lineups liberally if you like but i would have a mix of 3 experienced guys and 2 newbies through most of the game. If we get late in the game and the game is well in haNd you can then throw a fivesome of newbies out there together. Just an alternative approach to maybe consider.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 28, 2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

If they end up doing back-to-back games of ECU vs WSU at WSU in late February, how does that work with something like Q2 road games? Would they both be counted as home games for WSU?
        I can't see them counting for anything else ... They are what they are.

Comment

I have not seen anything official stating or showing Newman is locked in as a replacement game.

Is it possible.Newman has agreed to do this subject to WSU not be able to find an acceptable D-1 opponent?

Comment

Don’t worry. Darron Boatright is on this. He can work wonders.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I trust you to do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

12/2 - ORU
                12/6 - Mizzou
                12/12 - OSU
                12/15 - Tulsa
                12/18 - Emporia
                12/22 - USF
                Christmas
                12/30 - ECU/Newman

Where would you propose picking up another game in that schedule? Keep in mind we didn’t have a full team to practice until after the Mizzou game and even then the guys coming back were on minutes restrictions.

[Surely we want to try and win this easy to schedule game against a D1 opponent. Shouldn’t be difficult to do on short notice with a team that’s had limited practice time together and zero exhibition/scrimmage games.
                I was surprised they didn't add a game after Christmas. Seem like long time to go in between games.

All you have to do is watch what other programs have been doing. They know scheduling is fluid. Programs are arranging "alternate" games in case their primary games are cancelled. You also have to be watching daily what might becoming available for covid cancellations.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Yeah, we can see how much on the ball he is right now. At least he saving the program on long distance phone bill.

Comment

Is this still on ESPN+? I would assume so?
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Is this still on ESPN+? I would assume so?
                        I'd assume so but Taylor said TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I was surprised they didn't add a game after Christmas. Seem like long time to go in between games.

All you have to do is watch what other programs have been doing. They know scheduling is fluid. Programs are arranging "alternate" games in case their primary games are cancelled. You also have to be watching daily what might becoming available for covid cancellations.
                          I guess my question about a post Christmas game is when did the players leave and when did they return? Even if they got back on the 26th that’s only four days from return to the next scheduled game. Is it feasible or wise to try and squeeze something in there? I don't know.

As far as what other teams have been doing I admit I’m not following that closely. I know there have been many postponements and cancellations but not familiar with many games that have been picked up at the last minute.

Comment

Taylor sez time and TV TBD

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I guess my question about a post Christmas game is when did the players leave and when did they return? Even if they got back on the 26th that’s only four days from return to the next scheduled game. Is it feasible or wise to try and squeeze something in there? I don't know.

As far as what other teams have been doing I admit I’m not following that closely. I know there have been many postponements and cancellations but not familiar with many games that have been picked up at the last minute.
                              The philosophy could also have been to have a gap between kids going home for Christmas and a game as sort of a post travel quarantine.

Comment

What a broke dick move with the scheduling.

So ready for the spring and baseball...

Go Shocks & Go SHOX!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X