Josaphat Bilau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josaphat Bilau

I didn't remember this clip from watching the game, but Bilau showed some PG moves and dropped a pass that the D would have trouble anticipating.

Etienne, Council, and Bilau have the possibility of becoming the equivalent of VanVleet, Baker, and Early. Need a post player and a PG in the near future recruiting classes.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Saw that play and it was very impressive. Knew he had the ability to pass the ball but didn't know he had that in him. I've been impressed with him in the limited time he's been on the floor. He hustles, plays decent defense and can get better, and has flashed enough ability to space the floor and move that I can definitely see him at the 4. Not sure I see the 3 being an option. Hope he proves me wrong on that because I would love to have a 6'10" SF.

Comment

He just got to keep grinding and get better. I really liked his pump fake and score against USF.

Comment

BigJo has 4 years remaining after this year (if he wants to use them) correct? He may or may not hang around that long depending on how he progresses. His shot making needs a lot of work and improvement. I assume some of that will come organically as the game slows down for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          BigJo has 4 years remaining after this year (if he wants to use them) correct? He may or may not hang around that long depending on how he progresses. His shot making needs a lot of work and improvement. I assume some of that will come organically as the game slows down for him.
          He looks like a pretty good shooter when you look at some of his highlight videos.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

He looks like a pretty good shooter when you look at some of his highlight videos.

Agreed. Not sure we can really assess his shot making ability at this point. He’s taken what, 4 shots total?

Comment

Everybody looks great in their hightlght videos. He has taken 9 FG attempts and 1 FT. Made 3 and one of those was a tip in. Granted a very small sample size. However, he hasn't looked real confident and smooth to this point. That said his highlight videos at least provide hope that this will come in time.

I did very much like his 2 assists he had against USF. Perhaps some innate BBIQ to build on. Also he has not turned the ball over so far in 32 minutes of play.

Comment

He looks like a freshmen. A very promising freshmen. You can't teach 6-10

Comment

What is Bilau's true physical status? There have been posts stating that he is playing at about 80% due to earlier injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Damn, he never misses!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Damn, he never misses!
                      He was hotter than a two dollar pistol...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Everybody looks great in their hightlght videos. He has taken 9 FG attempts and 1 FT. Made 3 and one of those was a tip in. Granted a very small sample size. However, he hasn't looked real confident and smooth to this point. That said his highlight videos at least provide hope that this will come in time.

I did very much like his 2 assists he had against USF. Perhaps some innate BBIQ to build on. Also he has not turned the ball over so far in 32 minutes of play.
                        Yeah, if you saw my high school highlight video jam, you might think I was the next 6'3" Larry Bird. For sure Eddie Bird.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                          What is Bilau's true physical status? There have been posts stating that he is playing at about 80% due to earlier injuries.
                          That's a good point. Not sure where he is at physically. In any case, if he stays healthy I would expect his playing time to continue to grow and I expect his game will continue to improve with that playing time. It will be interesting to see how much better he get over the course of this season. He cerrtainly appears capable of doing things athletically that Mo and Bear simply cannot do. The more experience we can get him this year the better.

Comment

In one of his highlight clips he made 12 consecutive 3's from different spots on the court while doing a catch and shoot drill. I'm confident we didn't see any clips where he clanged 12, but making 12 in a row indicates he has some touch from distance, but he's probably not confident in game situations yet.

In the linked clip, while dribbling, he got a defender to move out of position, drove past that defender and dropped a no-look pass to a cutter. We'd be congratulating a PG for making that play, and we got it from a guy who's 6'10".

Bigs take time to develop. Bilau is raw and has to be considered a project, but if that project comes to fruition, he's got potential to play SF - in the league. Gonna take a lot of work, but if he were starting out as a carpenter, he'd already own all the tools, but needs to learn how to use them.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Bilaut is going to have to be brought along slowly and carefully, but it appears he can produce well timed minutes this season. In the right situation, in a relief role, the score might not go the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                              X