Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maggie
    Originally posted by rrshock
    Wasn't he knocked out cold last year? Any concussion after that can make things worse, no matter how severe it was.
    I seem to recall that he was knocked out last year, which is why I think people are expressing such concern for the kid's wellbeing.
    I was just checking to be sure I remembered correctly. One more blow like that and who knows what could happen.

I think many have covered all the issues involved with this.
    1. It's Matt's decision ultimately
    2. Coach doesn't have to play if he feels it isn't right
    3. The doctors will have alot to say about it. And ultimately have to clear him
    4. The university would have a liability issue if they allow him to play knowing the risks
    5. His health is what matters the most
    6. His paren'ts are helping in the matter

So with all I listed above, we should know more here in the next couple of days or weeks. No matter what happens, we all have to accept it, like it or not.

Comment

There was some discussion on the Coaches Show with Mike Kennedy about the possibility of looking into protective head gear if Matt does decide to play and is cleared by the Dr.'s and Coaches, etc. Some pitchers in slow pitch softball wear face masks these days to prevent getting their brains knocked out or face rearranged with a hot shot back up the middle.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
      X