X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yes, we are going to hear "but covid" as the excuse for the big names. I'm very certain of that.
    "Duke had to pause in early December for a week, and you could clearly see the team was winded when they lost to Chicago St by 23 on March 6th after cancelling on UNC for no reason. It's fairly obvious that without COVID they would have been in better shape and would have won, so we will will adjust their ranking and NET to reflect it was actually a 273 point victory for Duke"

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Plus they can run the ESPN BPI predictor for all the games missed and just project all those quality wins that Kentucky, Duke and NC would have gotten had they not had games cancelled. Maybe even relook at some games they lost and project whether in a normal year if they would have won if there had been no covid. Then transfer those losses to new column on the TEAM SHEET called COVID Losses. Who would want to penalize a team for Covid and keep them out of the tournament.
    Yes, we are going to hear "but covid" as the excuse for the big names. I'm very certain of that.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied

True, but they care about marquee names being in the tourney. If scheduling falls apart enough that too many big names can't qualify, you'd think they'd do something to give them a chance to qualify (probably easier to just relax the qualifications rules slightly).
    There has been talk before the season about relaxing the 13 game requirement. Parrish/Norlander believe the NCAA has taken a wait and see approach, but will give waivers if they needed.

I don't see no chance they are changing dates. Schedules and dates have been set. They have worked a deal with the Pacers/NBA to clear the calendar for two weekends of games at the pacers arena. NCAA has said they realize this is going to be a different year. I expect the selection process will be different also - they will probably say that the NET can't be trusted and they will go by past performance.

Plus they can run the ESPN BPI predictor for all the games missed and just project all those quality wins that Kentucky, Duke and NC would have gotten had they not had games cancelled. Maybe even relook at some games they lost and project whether in a normal year if they would have won if there had been no covid. Then transfer those losses to new column on the TEAM SHEET called COVID Losses. Who would want to penalize a team for Covid and keep them out of the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    UH had 25 offensive boards to TU's six. Overall rebounds were 52 to 24.
    Why I'm tempering my expectations for Mo going up against better teams down low.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied

True, but they care about marquee names being in the tourney. If scheduling falls apart enough that too many big names can't qualify, you'd think they'd do something to give them a chance to qualify (probably easier to just relax the qualifications rules slightly).
    They should just put every team in it. Take the 32 teams knocked out in the round of 64 and put them into the nit post season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X