• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    Some schedule updates:

ECU at WSU 2/21. No game at ECU.
    SMU at WSU 2/25 6pm ESPN/2
    WSU at SMU 2/28. 7pm ESPNU

Nothing else changed as of now. Still need that Cincy and Memphis game, but good luck finding a spot to play it.
    Eliminate Temple and Tulane games.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• One of Cincys players opting out the rest of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        One of Cincys players opting out the rest of the year
        Wasn't this the guy from Topeka that played pretty good against us?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Wasn't this the guy from Topeka that played pretty good against us?
          Yup.

19 points, 7-10 FG including 4-4 from 3. He's not one of their top minute guys however.

Comment

• Comment

• Tulsa beat Temple last night in Oklahoma

Comment

• Really surprised nothing has been said of WSU traveling to Temple on Sunday. Seems like an easy solution.

Comment

• Sampson pretty much nixed the possibility of them sitting out the conference tournament today. Glad to hear and I appreciate his take on the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sampson pretty much nixed the possibility of them sitting out the conference tournament today. Glad to hear and I appreciate his take on the situation.
                    A little surprised, but we all know there is at least some TV money on the line for the conference (which benefits everyone).

The downside for Houston is some sort of contact tracing mess where they play against a player in the AAC tournament who tests positive or something and can’t play in the big dance.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

A little surprised, but we all know there is at least some TV money on the line for the conference (which benefits everyone).

The downside for Houston is some sort of contact tracing mess where they play against a player in the AAC tournament who tests positive or something and can’t play in the big dance.
                      I will never say never again but as far as I know there haven’t been any pauses, contract tracing or transmission due to actual games played. I maintain they are less likely to have issues while at the American tournament bubble where every minute is planned and precaution taken vs staying home. As long as each program can qualify their team leading up to the tourney, which is the biggest concern in my opinion, and actually get there, they should be fine. All caveats that, however unlikely, anything can happen of course.

I can’t remember where I heard it but I recall someone mentioning that teams will likely go straight from conference tourneys to the NCAA bubbles to avoid potential exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        One of Cincys players opting out the rest of the year
                        But, he's not ending his sophomore season. He will still be a sophomore next season.

Comment

• SMU will now have been off for 17 days when they come to Wichita on the 25th

Comment

• Take care of business tonight and I see a path going forward. A rusty SMU could be just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I will never say never again but as far as I know there haven’t been any pauses, contract tracing or transmission due to actual games played. I maintain they are less likely to have issues while at the American tournament bubble where every minute is planned and precaution taken vs staying home. As long as each program can qualify their team leading up to the tourney, which is the biggest concern in my opinion, and actually get there, they should be fine. All caveats that, however unlikely, anything can happen of course.

I can’t remember where I heard it but I recall someone mentioning that teams will likely go straight from conference tourneys to the NCAA bubbles to avoid potential exposure.
                              So does this mean if Houston was not to play the conference would get two teams in for sure? Maybe they should just sit out for the betterment of the conference!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post

So does this mean if Houston was not to play the conference would get two teams in for sure? Maybe they should just sit out for the betterment of the conference!
                                Sampson has already said they are playing in the conference tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X