2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

True, but they care about marquee names being in the tourney. If scheduling falls apart enough that too many big names can't qualify, you'd think they'd do something to give them a chance to qualify (probably easier to just relax the qualifications rules slightly).
    They should just put every team in it. Take the 32 teams knocked out in the round of 64 and put them into the nit post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      UH had 25 offensive boards to TU's six. Overall rebounds were 52 to 24.
      Why I'm tempering my expectations for Mo going up against better teams down low.

Comment

True, but they care about marquee names being in the tourney. If scheduling falls apart enough that too many big names can't qualify, you'd think they'd do something to give them a chance to qualify (probably easier to just relax the qualifications rules slightly).
        There has been talk before the season about relaxing the 13 game requirement. Parrish/Norlander believe the NCAA has taken a wait and see approach, but will give waivers if they needed.

I don't see no chance they are changing dates. Schedules and dates have been set. They have worked a deal with the Pacers/NBA to clear the calendar for two weekends of games at the pacers arena. NCAA has said they realize this is going to be a different year. I expect the selection process will be different also - they will probably say that the NET can't be trusted and they will go by past performance.

Plus they can run the ESPN BPI predictor for all the games missed and just project all those quality wins that Kentucky, Duke and NC would have gotten had they not had games cancelled. Maybe even relook at some games they lost and project whether in a normal year if they would have won if there had been no covid. Then transfer those losses to new column on the TEAM SHEET called COVID Losses. Who would want to penalize a team for Covid and keep them out of the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Plus they can run the ESPN BPI predictor for all the games missed and just project all those quality wins that Kentucky, Duke and NC would have gotten had they not had games cancelled. Maybe even relook at some games they lost and project whether in a normal year if they would have won if there had been no covid. Then transfer those losses to new column on the TEAM SHEET called COVID Losses. Who would want to penalize a team for Covid and keep them out of the tournament.
          Yes, we are going to hear "but covid" as the excuse for the big names. I'm very certain of that.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yes, we are going to hear "but covid" as the excuse for the big names. I'm very certain of that.
            "Duke had to pause in early December for a week, and you could clearly see the team was winded when they lost to Chicago St by 23 on March 6th after cancelling on UNC for no reason. It's fairly obvious that without COVID they would have been in better shape and would have won, so we will will adjust their ranking and NET to reflect it was actually a 273 point victory for Duke"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Duke had to pause in early December for a week, and you could clearly see the team was winded when they lost to Chicago St by 23 on March 6th after cancelling on UNC for no reason. It's fairly obvious that without COVID they would have been in better shape and would have won, so we will will adjust their ranking and NET to reflect it was actually a 273 point victory for Duke"
              Loss to Chicago State. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This morning, CBS Sports talking heads said that the "real" reason for their performance is that they are young, and that teams with experience had the edge. They then said that they were certain that Duke would work it out by the end of the year. Of course, that expert talking head was the son of the liberal lawyer of our Former President and Former First Lady, Lanny Davis. To me, that says something about who he is as it relates to "Elites" and what they think of themselves and so called Elite universities.

Comment

• ok, now they are finally realizing that teams like UNC, Duke and Kentucky that rely on 5 star freshmen take time to figure out how to compete at the D1 level. That's great. Next step will be to stop voting them into the pre-season Top 10 for these very same inexperienced players that they are relying on.

How about they take a "wait and see" approach. Make these kids prove themselves by compiling good wins and a good record like they do almost every other team in America.

Comment

• These damn double standards are driving me nuts!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Tulsa at Tulane this weekend has been canceled due to COVID within Tulane. Another AAC team out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This morning, CBS Sports talking heads said that the "real" reason for their performance is that they are young, and that teams with experience had the edge. They then said that they were certain that Duke would work it out by the end of the year. Of course, that expert talking head was the son of the liberal lawyer of our Former President and Former First Lady, Lanny Davis. To me, that says something about who he is as it relates to "Elites" and what they think of themselves and so called Elite universities.
                        Seth Davis is a c^cksucker

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Seth Davis is a c^cksucker
                          His parents were bootlickers for the Clinton administration, so I’m not exactly shocked.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I can’t stand Seth Davis but I don’t imagine he would be any less of a dipshit if his parents were in the Bush administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              I can’t stand Seth Davis but I don’t imagine he would be any less of a dipshit if his parents were in the Bush administration.
                              I don’t know.................

Comment

• Houston wins at Temple

Comment

Working...
                                X