No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston & WSU then a big drop to the rest of the league is probably perfection for our program’s long-term prospects. Post K. Sampson... WSU then everyone else will rock.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          So the UC game is now at risk.

Comment

• Maybe I’m imagining this, but it seems in the AAC and nationwide that it’s the poorer teams that keep having the COVID problems. Most conference leaders don’t seem to get hit like the bottom teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              Maybe I’m imagining this, but it seems in the AAC and nationwide that it’s the poorer teams that keep having the COVID problems. Most conference leaders don’t seem to get hit like the bottom teams.
              Higher tier teams have more reasons for the players to be cautious. Lower-level teams don't care so much if they miss playing some games. The players are probably more likely to take more chances with contracting the virus.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Big game if interest for Shocks this evening. Tulsa is at #8 Houston at 6 PM on ESPN+. Cougs are -12.5 with an ESPN Matchup Predictor of 89.3% chance of a win.

Go Tulsa!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                  Maybe I’m imagining this, but it seems in the AAC and nationwide that it’s the poorer teams that keep having the COVID problems. Most conference leaders don’t seem to get hit like the bottom teams.
                  It depends on conference protocols. Some conferences are more strict of what happens with the tracing. Some allow only selected players to be held out, while other require the whole team. The other factor is how often the conference is testing. The more you test allows you to limit exposure and get on top of it. Of course the poorer conferences are testing less than the P5 who have robust testing programs.

Comment

• Cincy at Houston on Saturday is postponed now. Next wednesday's game is in Jeopardy IMO.

Comment

• Well .. this is going downhill fast.

Comment

• Pretty much expected giving the timing coming off the holidays. I don’t envy the schedule maker, they have their work cut out for them the next month and a half!

Comment

• Got an email from WSU saying our Sunday the 24th game with USF is postponed.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                            Got an email from WSU saying our Sunday the 24th game with USF is postponed.
                            Confirmed on goshockers.com

The American Athletic Conference announced that Wichita State's home game against South Florida on Sunday, Jan. 24 has been postponed due to additional positive COVID-19 cases and ensuing contact tracing at USF.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if at some point the American starts to take the maximization of NCAA bids into consideration when rescheduling postponed games. As in, if we reach a point where it’s impossible to make all the games up (and we may be there already, I don’t know) will they emphasize the games of teams with at large potential and tweak the schedule to ensure resume building opportunities?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                It will be interesting to see if at some point the American starts to take the maximization of NCAA bids into consideration when rescheduling postponed games. As in, if we reach a point where it’s impossible to make all the games up (and we may be there already, I don’t know) will they emphasize the games of teams with at large potential and tweak the schedule to ensure resume building opportunities?
                                They need to ... and maybe that's why the SMU game got rescheduled but not the ECU game. A home game vs USF isn't going to do anything for us either. That road game at SMU was important.

Comment

Working...
                                X