No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini bubble. Multiple games in Multiple days.

OR

If your team is the reason that the game was postponed, and you still have a road game to play in return; two games on the road, back-to-back.
    The Assman

Comment

• It's getting difficult to keep track, but I think this is new. ECU again.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        It's getting difficult to keep track, but I think this is new. ECU again.

That does rule out us playing ECU as a replacement for SMU though

Comment

• I wonder how long before some of these teams will decide to just close down for the season.

Comment

• College basketball really screwed up by postponing the start of the season. They left themselves with few outs for Covid outbreaks. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

the same thinking applied to schools. They should have opened as soon as possible and assume there would be multiple breaks to deal with local outbreaks of Covid.

Comment

• WSU should just schedule a bunch games against Houston. It seems like both programs probably have full immunity.

Comment

• Simple solution is to cancel the conference tournament and use the extra time to make up games.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    That's a really good move for us. It's now:

2/10 @ UCF
                    2/15 @ SMU
                    2/18 vs Memphis

Comment

• Per T-Rank metrics, the AAC is nation's top defensive conference (judged by Adjusted Defensive Efficiency), ahead of the Big XII and SEC.

The conference is also No. 1 the following categories: 2-point FG % defense, 3-point FG % defense, and, resultantly, Effective FG % Defense.'

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• The rescheduled date for SMU almost certainly means that ECU is going to play back to back in Wichita on February 21st & 22nd. Feb. 15 seemed to me to be the only possible date for ECU to come here.

Comment

• Looks like oklahoma has an empty weekend due to OSU covid issues. Sure would be nice to throw in a makeup game. Just a couple hours down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                            The rescheduled date for SMU almost certainly means that ECU is going to play back to back in Wichita on February 21st & 22nd. Feb. 15 seemed to me to be the only possible date for ECU to come here.
                            Too bad we lose a road game but I guess in the end it could be worse. My guess is @ECU would be a Q2 at most if not a Q3 so it’s not a make or break for the resume. And they’re a team who can potentially beat you at home. Not that they don’t have a chance to get one or two in wichita.

@SMU on the other hand I think would qualify easily a Q2 if not Q1 game so I’m glad the game in Dallas is being rescheduled. Now we just have to go win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Looks like oklahoma has an empty weekend due to OSU covid issues. Sure would be nice to throw in a makeup game. Just a couple hours down the road.
                              Agreed, that would be a good one. The counter is that now that the SMU game is in February, it took up our only "gap" in our schedule. We now have a game every 3-4 days from now until March 6th. Coach might want the time to work with the team and rest.

The counter to that counter is we will almost certainly get an unexpected gap at this rate and we need the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Agreed, that would be a good one. The counter is that now that the SMU game is in February, it took up our only "gap" in our schedule. We now have a game every 3-4 days from now until March 6th. Coach might want the time to work with the team and rest.

The counter to that counter is we will almost certainly get an unexpected gap at this rate and we need the game.
                                Glad I'm not the one making those decisions. As fast as the teams are shutting down, I guess I would try to get in any game that fits. Especially one with a big time powerhouse conference like the big 12.

Sorry, just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X