No announcement yet.

Billy Kennedy to Join Shocker Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this a one season gig for coach Kennedy? I’m assuming we’re still doing a full blown coaching search at the end of the season. And would Kennedy be willing to be a third assistant for more than one season with his long head coaching record? Or is he head coach in waiting? I can see it if he really wants to be back in the game NOW, but otherwise it’s kind of a head scratcher to me.

Comment

I'm assuming BK will be named the new associate head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        So is this a one season gig for coach Kennedy? I’m assuming we’re still doing a full blown coaching search at the end of the season. And would Kennedy be willing to be a third assistant for more than one season with his long head coaching record? Or is he head coach in waiting? I can see it if he really wants to be back in the game NOW, but otherwise it’s kind of a head scratcher to me.
        $$$

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          I'm assuming BK will be named the new associate head coach?
          Not likely. Probably Special Assistant, just to help Isaac navigate the head coaching waters.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Who's to say they didn't? (I kid because I care)

Well, if WSU DID consult Shockernet, you would be the voice of reason....

Comment

He and Isaac are friends, Isaac needs to pull out all the stops to win this season. He has a leg up on everyone that is applying for the WSU HC because if he wins big, it will be hard for the Uni to look elsewhere.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                Not likely. Probably Special Assistant, just to help Isaac navigate the head coaching waters.
                I guess I should has said temporarily named associate head coach. Just curious who is the number 2 guy now.

Comment

This is a huge hire for WSU. Great pull and it definitely has paid off for HCIB and ADDB to have connections like this. Oh, and to be able to presumably open the pocket book for top assistants.

Comment

I guess I should has said temporarily named associate head coach. Just curious who is the number 2 guy now.
                    Sorry, can’t help myself....

Austin Powers:
                    Who does Number Two work for? Who does Number Two work for?”
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It will be similar to when Jans came back.

Comment

I would imagine AC Lou Gudino, AC Waterman AC Kennedy. Based purely on seniority And looking how they are listed in Go Shockers.com

Comment

So is this a one season gig for coach Kennedy?
                          Assistant coaches contracts are usually only for one year.

I’m assuming we’re still doing a full blown coaching search at the end of the season.
                          I think it will entirely depend how HCIB handles it all and how well the team goes. If things go well, it will be difficult to not hire him.

And would Kennedy be willing to be a third assistant for more than one season with his long head coaching record? Or is he head coach in waiting? I can see it if he really wants to be back in the game NOW, but otherwise it’s kind of a head scratcher to me.
                          I think Kennedy is helping his friend out. I think it makes a lot of sense and will help HCIB navigate potential landlines from going from assistant to HC.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I think Kennedy is helping his friend out. I think it makes a lot of sense and will help HCIB navigate potential landlines from going from assistant to HC.
                            I think this is probably the primary motivation for Coach K. Coach K was terminated by Texas A&M at the end of the 2018-19 season with 2 years remaining on his contract. Not sure if he received a lump sum are is being paid monthly over those 2 years but, in any case, money is problem not his primary motivation at this point although I'm sure he isn't working for free.

Apparently his biggest issue during his 8 years at Texas A&M was that his teams were not as consistently good as Texas A&M wanted although he did have some very good moments for a progam that is somewhat of a step child at TAM.

Comment

I believe we have found our coach and its nor Kennedy!

Comment

Ask not what your basketball program can do for you, ask what you can do for your basketball program.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X