X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    And for your viewing pleasure....

That was fun!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Often times it's not what you know but who you know. This is the product of IHCIB staying active long before the October surprise and keeping good contacts. But also, don't discount ADDB's role in making this happen. He too has a relationship here and maintaining those relationships keeps one prepared for even the worst case scenario. Even then, the AD has to be willing and able to make it happen. I promise you that a coach of Billy Kennedy's talent doesn't come free, and it's not like ANY program is swimming in money right now.

That the decision was made to bring in such a qualified coach to help for the season tells me 3 things:

1. Everyone was doing their job far in advance of the mess
      2. The commitment to exceed expectations is still there
      3. They believe this program can win right now.

Otherwise you just promote someone for a few months or bring in a body. This hire screams damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.

Great move by everyone involved.

Comment

Nice hire. I would say we got a nice break that a guy with his credentials was still out there and available.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            And for your viewing pleasure....

One of the funniest debacles in history. It still makes me laugh hysterically.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              A class act off the court, as well, Kennedy was presented with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes' 2011 John Lotz "Barnabas" Award at the Final Four in Houston. The award is presented by the FCA to a basketball coach who best exhibits a commitment to Christ, integrity, encouragement to others and living a balanced life.
              Is that the same thing as what Mike Pence represents as far as evangelism goes?

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

Is that the same thing as what Mike Pence represents as far as evangelism goes?
                Here is an article on the 2020 award winner, Viginia head coach Tony Bennett, which includes list of the previous 17 winners. Some familiar names, some not so familiar names.

Virginia men’s basketball coach Tony Bennett was honored with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes’ John Lotz Award on Monday.

I will leave to you do determine if this is what Mike Pence represents as it may or may not relate to coaching and providing leadership and guidance to young men.

Comment

A rather surprising, and good, hiring. I like it a lot.

Comment

Man, it feels good to get some positive news out of the program. I'm excited for this season to begin.

Comment

Certainly appears to be a home run

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Certainly appears to be a home run
                        He certainly should be a great security blanket for IHCIB. OTOH, hard to say how much impact ACBK can have joining a brand new program this late into a late starting season filled with uncertainties. That said it might be about the best hire they could possible have made in the circumstances.

In any case, time to lace 'em and see what we got.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

He certainly should be a great security blanket for IHCIB. OTOH, hard to say how much impact ACBK can have joining a brand new program this late into a late starting season filled with uncertainties. That said it might be about the best hire they could possible have made in the circumstances.

In any case, time to lace 'em and see what we got.
                          The plan goes out the door once you get punched in the face. Having steady battle hardened assistants can help when the poop hits the fans. Without a doubt, this hire exceeds anybody’s unrealistic expectations. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

The plan goes out the door once you get punched in the face. Having steady battle hardened assistants can help when the poop hits the fans. Without a doubt, this hire exceeds anybody’s unrealistic expectations. Well done!
                            and another reason why the staff doesn’t consult shockernet for these types of decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

and another reason why the staff doesn’t consult shockernet for these types of decisions.
                              Who's to say they didn't? (I kid because I care)

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                                Man, it feels good to get some positive news out of the program. I'm excited for this season to begin.
                                The hiring does feel like a break in the storm clouds that have been over the program for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X