2020-21 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Season Kickoff Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Season Kickoff Edition”

Less than 5 days from the New Official Start of the season. What has happened since our last "Expectations Poll?" We lost a head coach, 6 non-conference games have been eliminated, 2 more conference games have been added (we play everyone twice (home/away), and fans have been banned from attending games until late December or even possibly until mid-January.

Well fire up your crystal balls and look to the future and include the AAC Tournament or other potential Post Season games in your expectations.,

What say you?
    Very Low: 18 wins or less
    50.00%
    Low: 19 to 21 wins
    16.67%
    Medium: 22 to 24 wins
    26.19%
    High: 25 to 27 wins
    4.76%
    Very High: 28 wins or more
    2.38%

The poll is expired.

I chose less then 18 wins this year 90 days ago and i see no reason to change that position.

Comment

I don't think actually playing 20 games is particularly likely, so I have to go with very low.

Comment

18 wins may turn out to be very high, especially if we end up actually playing 18 or fewer games. How many Covid-19 positives on a team would it take to blow up a handful of games. One positive and the whole team is quarantined for two weeks. A couple of postive tests by players and coaches on a team an you have lost a month of your season.

Comment

The program has come along way with a "very low" expectation is winning up to 60% of our games. Hope that never changes.

Comment

Schedule identifies 27 possible games, 20 in conference; my prediction for AAC is 12-8 on the low end and 17-3 (2 losses to Houston and a split with Memphis) on the high end. Here's hoping for the high end.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I don't think actually playing 20 games is particularly likely, so I have to go with very low.
              Agreed. Win percentage is probably a better poll topic

Comment

Eff it. Yep that's me, I chose 28 wins or more. Why not? Sue me.

Comment

NCAA is worried that teams will be able to get the required 13 games in needed to qualify for post-season play and are considering a waiver for this year. So this poll may be overly optimistic on the number of games played.

Comment

Unfortunately, this post is aging like fine wine.

Comment

Unfortunately, this post is aging like fine wine.
                      With 16 games in the bag we’re far more likely to get to 20 than not.

Comment

Why don't we just play UMKC four times and Drake our way into the tournament?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Why don't we just play UMKC four times and Drake our way into the tournament?
                          Or Ill State. Although UMKC is probably a tougher test.

Comment

A play in game with Drake would be fine with me

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

With 16 games in the bag we’re far more likely to get to 20 than not.
                              Sure about that?

Comment

Working...
                              X