I stand with Coach Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1989 View Post
    All of you "I support Marshall" folks are wrong here. You can't hit a player, choke an assistant coach, throw a punch at a student over a parking spot, lie about it, and then expect to keep your job.

I know I know, the excuses will be as follows...

1.) " It happened 5 years ago"
    2.) " There aren't any facts saying coach did it. Just speculation from mostly anonymous sources. "
    3.) " This is all because this generation of players is soft. Damn cancel culture"
    4.) "This is all Jeff ******* fault. He has a grudge against Marshall"

To that I say

1. So what. If it happened he needs to go. All that "5 years ago" jazz means is that his bosses who covered for him need to be gone too.

2. What is the number now, 8 players who were there said it happened? As far as we know Marshall is the only one who said it didn't? Any reasonable and objective person can come to the conclusion that coach did it. It doesn't matter that the players are anonymous to us. There is no way 3 media outlets are lying about actual players on those teams confirming the worst allegations.

3. Two of the three most damning allegations have nothing to do with players. They were against a coach and a student. Either way though, physical assault isn't a coaching style and not wanting to have a coach that does those things doesn't make you soft. We have always had "cancel culture" in our society. The old term for it was consequences.

4. He probably does have a grudge against Marshall. But if the information is true then that doesn't matter. The Athletic, kansas.com, and the law firm who investigates this dont have a grudge against Marshall and they all came to similar conclusions.
    Whats wrong with showing support for someone who makes mistakes? There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation for the good things he has done for the community. I’m sure there are quite a few of us who have anger problems. Some of us think addressing that issue would be a better course of action. Then again, we don’t know that help wasn’t sought after in that regard. We will probably never know all the details.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Showing support and thanking him for his time here is one thing. But so many are straight making excuses and denying reality. That's who I am taking a shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

Whats wrong with showing support for someone who makes mistakes? There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation for the good things he has done for the community. I’m sure there are quite a few of us who have anger problems. Some of us think addressing that issue would be a better course of action. Then again, we don’t know that help wasn’t sought after in that regard. We will probably never know all the details.
        That would first require 3G admitting there was a problem, but instead he said nothing happened at all.

Comment

The university had a chance to try and prove they could fire Marshall with cause. They obviously failed.

That’s why there is still support for Marshall. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            The university had a chance to try and prove they could fire Marshall with cause. They obviously failed.

That’s why there is still support for Marshall. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything.
            That’s a tough pill to swallow. So we forced our best coach ever to resign based on the PR blowback?

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

That’s a tough pill to swallow. So we forced our best coach ever to resign based on the PR blowback?
              Welcome to 2020 and the land of cancel culture and give me my freebies that I am "due". Stay woke America...

Comment

My loyalty is to WSU, and admittedly the appearance of things from their side isn’t great. Thanks to coach Marshall for his 14 years, but moving forward, he’s just another sonofabitch that’s not a Shocker. I think I have more indifference than animosity at this point. Same with Austin Reeves or anyone else who leaves. I just no longer care one way or the other about their successes or failures.

Comment

4 years ago 1989 kicked hit me because I said a naughty word. He then went to my vehicle and pissed on the doorknob.
                  this guy is a total jerk and should be removed from society.
                  Unnamed sources have confirmed these events.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                    4 years ago 1989 kicked hit me because I said a naughty word. He then went to my vehicle and pissed on the doorknob.
                    this guy is a total jerk and should be removed from society.
                    Unnamed sources have confirmed these events.
                    Its too early to be drinking

Comment

A new source has just reported seeing 1989 exposing parts of his body to youngsters. He was also seen urinating in a public place.
                      total disgrace!

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

As several have pointed out already, if the AD knew it happened at the time and didn't fire him then, the opportunity to fire for cause as a party in the right was no longer an option. It doesn't mean he didn't do it.

It is possible that Marshall did what he was accused of, and the athletic department was wrong. The two aren't mutually exclusive. This is often what happens when things get swept under the rug. Eventually, the rug will get lifted and all involved parties have to clean it up.

I am thankful for the years of success WSU had under Marshall, the positive influence he had on several of his players, and for all they did for the school and community, which makes this outcome all the more unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          My loyalty is to WSU, and admittedly the appearance of things from their side isn’t great. Thanks to coach Marshall for his 14 years, but moving forward, he’s just another sonofabitch that’s not a Shocker. I think I have more indifference than animosity at this point. Same with Austin Reeves or anyone else who leaves. I just no longer care one way or the other about their successes or failures.
                          Ridiculous take.

Comment

Atxshoxfan

If 8 people who worked under me went to HR and said I kicked them and they witness me pee on a door knob and exposed myself to youngsters, and the other people present didnt say it didn't happen and the person whose door knob I peed on replied to HRs questions with a "no comment", then my ass is probably guilty and going to get fired.

Comment

Atxshoxfan

If 8 people who worked under me went to HR and said I kicked them and they witness me pee on a door knob and exposed myself to youngsters, and the other people present didnt say it didn't happen and the person whose door knob I peed on replied to HRs questions with a "no comment", then my ass is probably guilty and going to get fired.

The least you could have done was pee on Patty Beemer in public. Come on Man!!!

Comment

Atxshoxfan

Do you have a $15 million buy out clause and a contract in place? Did your employer know about it 5 years prior to it coming to light and not do anything about it when it happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X