No announcement yet.

What was that Drake guy doing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should have had a Technical called on him. That would cure him.

Comment

Which player was it? I can't believe I missed it...I never miss anything. Although I was probably trying to find my 2 year old sons apple juice filled Diego cup when it was going down.

Comment

If I were a player/sub with very little or no game...i.e. "not much to offer/lose" I would have handled it myself and kicked the living crap out of the dude. Ask yourself not WWJD but WWXD? IMHO this kind of "toughness" is part of what has been lacking! Am I on an island with this school of thought?

Comment

FSF,
          There are specific areas for the coach to speak with his team. Basically the lines go from the coaching box area out to the nearest free throw lane line. The area was expanded a few years ago due to coaches unable to communicate with players during time outs due to fans in close proximity to the bench area. Obviously, the area doesn't include the others teams bench.
          Since the penalty would be considered unsportsmanlike the offended team would be awarded technical foul free throws. Unsportsmanlike fouls mean possession would be awarded to the offended team and not returned to the point of interruption.
          Preventive officiating would be 1) Walk the offending player back from the other teams huddle and 2) Immediately follow up with the HC. There is an overriding emphasis to place the responsibility on the HC and his players conduct. 8)
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Thanks ShockRef and Subgod22 for your insights about the rules. About when we think we have seen it all in this life, something strange like this happens. At least their Coach was not trying to photograph or tape HCGM while in these time-out huddles. The punishment for that, as DD says, could be very painful.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This is what should be done to anyone that gets closer than 15 feet of the huddled players and coaches during a timeout.

Or maybe they could find Ben Christensen and get him down there with a baseball ready to smack anyone in the face if they dared coming close to the Shockers.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

does anyone remember what happened in the game right after that time out?
                KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

I noticed that the Drake player made some handsigns to the Drake bench and then they scored the next time they had the ball.

Cheating bastar*s!
                  Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

FSF my brutha, You got that right! Someone should have kicked him square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)
                    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Man Shirley, you must rack up the miles traveling back and forth from France watching the Shockers play.

Comment

If there is any truth to the supposedly transfer of signals to the the Drake bench, the possibility arises that the Drake coaching staff was in on this.

Somehow this seems a little far-fetched, especially since there has apparently been no mention of this being reported to the MVC as an infraction.

Comment

Working...
                        X