No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very sorry. Hope no spirits were crushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Thought this should be placed in this thread also. Embarrassing.

Last year (2020) WSU finished tied for 27th nationally in team rebounds at 39.3 per game. Thus far this year they are tied for 30th (updated to 15 games) at 39.7 per game (actually more boards per game). Here are some team rebounding stats from the last 5 years:

2019: Tied for 57th at 37.8.
      2018: Tied for 9th at 40.5.
      2017: Tied for 5th at 40.8.
      2016: Tied for 99th at 37.5 (Play-in). That team had some really good players.
      2015: Tied for 104th at 35.6 (The year we beat the ChickenHawks). So did that team.

Reference: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../stat/rebounds

Comment

• Fred thinks so therefore I agree it must be IHIB

Comment

• Just because I get tired of hearing many on here think the coaching savior of this program is Jans, his team is currently down 12 to a team that lost to ES’s Washington team by 30+. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
            Just because I get tired of hearing many on here think the coaching savior of this program is Jans, his team is currently down 12 to a team that lost to ES’s Washington team by 30+. Just let that sink in for a moment.
            You mean the team that wasn’t allowed to even practice as a team in the State of New Mexico until January 20?

That definitely seems like an apples to apples comparison.

Try again.

Comment

Just because I get tired of hearing many on here think the coaching savior of this program is Jans, his team is currently down 12 to a team that lost to ES’s Washington team by 30+. Just let that sink in for a moment.
              Yeah, great comparison. Did you also know that Duke just lost to a bad ND team and is going to miss the tournament?? Oh, and Michigan State is 4-7 in conference and will probably miss the tournament. Oh, and Kentucky is 5-13?? So, according to you, IHCIB is a better choice as head coach because he is having a better season than Coach K, Coach Izzo and Coach Calipari in an upside down year?? OK, sure.

As Downtown Shocker Brown said, TRY AGAIN!!

Comment

I don't know who the "savior of the program" will or should be. However, Jan's has MANY more seasons of success than failure. I will allow him a mulligan. He is still more of a known quantity than Brown is.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

A few weeks ago I tried to point out that NMSU was among the bottom feeders in the WAC. That was not received well by the Jans loyalists who seem to hate Brown. Right now Brown is looking A LOT better than Jans. Hiring the coach of the team that's in the bottom 3 of the WAC is not going to impress current or future players.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Jans

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

A few weeks ago I tried to point out that NMSU was among the bottom feeders in the WAC. That was not received well by the Jans loyalists who seem to hate Brown. Right now Brown is looking A LOT better than Jans. Hiring the coach of the team that's in the bottom 3 of the WAC is not going to impress current or future players.
                      Nobody hates Brown, fool.

Comment

• JANS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

As far as I'm concerned, the IHCIB interview process begins on the 15th and closes on the 3rd.

Comment

• In my myopic insight into choosing a head coach, I don’t see how anyone can make a decision on Brown without looking at so many additional variables. What kind of program will he run, recruiting, choosing assistant coaches, graduating players, enforcing rules, winning, and representing WSU and Wichita as a positive brand while keeping the big money donors happy.
                            I know very little about iHCBrown. He seems to know the game and players seem to play hard for him, but there is so much more to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              In my myopic insight into choosing a head coach, I don’t see how anyone can make a decision on Brown without looking at so many additional variables. What kind of program will he run, recruiting, choosing assistant coaches, graduating players, enforcing rules, winning, and representing WSU and Wichita as a positive brand while keeping the big money donors happy.
                              I know very little about iHCBrown. He seems to know the game and players seem to play hard for him, but there is so much more to know.
                              iHCIB will represent WSU and the City of Wichita as he has always done: with class and high character.

As he has proven getting Billy Kennedy to join his staff, he is well connected and respected amongst his peers.

He has great relationships with many HS coaches and AAU programs, and will continue to recruit at a high level.

The teams he has been an assistant on have always had a knack for winning, and that will continue.

The questions that haven’t been answered are what kind of program will he run?

What I have seen so far this year, is a lack of attention to detail. The little things that have been so frustrating. Example: Tyson had his man trailing on his hip. DD went to set a screen, but instead of planting firmly, establishing position that Tyson could hug to, he continues to shuffle his feet, Tyson had to adjust his run, allowing defender to catch up, and instead of what should have been a wide open 3, the play broke down.

That has been a trademark of the season and is why I don’t think iHCIB is ready to run WSU. fACCJ, I can tell you, will get the sharpness back. The execution that matter against the best teams in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                                In my myopic insight into choosing a head coach, I don’t see how anyone can make a decision on Brown without looking at so many additional variables. What kind of program will he run, recruiting, choosing assistant coaches, graduating players, enforcing rules, winning, and representing WSU and Wichita as a positive brand while keeping the big money donors happy.
                                The players play hard for him, but they don't seem to do all of the little things that it takes to improve. The saying that people respond better to sugar than vinegar, may or may not be true, but either way, I'm not sure it is "true" in the game of basketball. We won't hit all of the "clutch" shots in the future so we need to get better at the little things. That's what the head coach does even though he is also responsible for taking care of the non-basketball things that Veritas is talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X