Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I think this lacks historical perspective. Any modern Presidency would have a hard time matching the corruption of the 1870s through the 1920s. Example: Ulysses S. Grant's Presidency saw:
    • Secretary of War resigned for bribery
    • Secretary of the Interior resigned after taking bribes for land grants
    • A massive kickback scheme (Whiskey Ring) with 110 convictions
    • Kickbacks from unpaid taxes (Sanborn Incident)
    • Secretary of the Navy getting kickbacks for his legal business
    • The President's brother was involved in an insider trading scandal where financiers tried to corner the gold market (Black Friday)
    • Salary Grab Act to increase salaries of President, Congress
    This sort of thing wasn't uncommon. I think people underestimate what it would take to even break the top 5 in the most corrupt administration race, regardless of how a person's politics might influence how they feel about one party or the other.
    Depending on November, we might have a new one for the books.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Says we need to have a serious discussion about race relations with our black brothers and sisters. It's a double standard to me. If it is OK for them to throw around derrogatory labels, then it should be OK for everyone to do this, or it's not ok for anyone to do it.

I am leaning towards no one should use these terms.
      What it tells me, is he wants to shut down Waterman’s support for GM and he doesn’t want to debate him. He’s right and Tyson is wrong and just don’t talk to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He went straight to the race issue. I’m not sure if that says something about Bailey or not.
        This is the same exact thing Ty Taylor did when previous players shared their support for HCGM.

IT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK.

Comment

• IMO, there is too much focus on the motives of those reporting what players and assistant coaches have been willing to tell reporters. The only real value from determining reporter’s motive is to wrap your mind around why they didn’t include offsetting commentary - which can easily be explained by two obvious items: 1) those with good things to say didn’t have anything to gain by speaking up 2) it didn’t fit the initial narrative.

I think we should focus on:

1) what will be the outcome of the investigation
          2) will the players from 2015 agree with the outcome
          3) what will future recruiting look like under any outcome?
          4) what level of loyalty does HCGM deserve when the dust settles? As WuDrWu points out, HCGM brought the program and university to unimaginable heights...
          5) is it a fatal flaw that a few players were willing to air these issues in public? We can talk about how mean other coaches are, but it is rare to have this stuff get out after so much winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            Marshall needs to read Patrick Lencioni. It starts with having the right people on the bus. Core values first and foremost. Cultural fit first, and then job fit. He started to put job fit first and this is what happened. He recruited jackasses. Shaq should have been shipped out before Marshall became so frustrated that it created this mess.
            if he makes it through this, I have a feeling he will stop using some of the words he has been accused of using and likely will be closely monitored for a while. I have zero problems with tough coaching, yelling, cussing, tossing players out of practice for not hustling, etc. When a player gets to the D1 level, they should expect tough practices and a tough coach. But I agree, this needs to be clearly explained during the recruitment period.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Here is Sheldon Bailey's response to Coach Waterman for defending 3G.

Another "C" drop? Sure seems like I see more racist jargon from one side of the fence than the other.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Is there no one with any info that knows what in the fish is going on with this? Why is it taking so long?

I agree that there needs to be due diligence, but the longer this drags out - the worse it will get to some extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  When a player gets to the D1 level, they should expect tough practices and a tough coach. But I agree, this needs to be clearly explained during the recruitment period.
                  "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, if your son doesn't get sloppy like a big wet, pink gash when dealing with adversity -- well, then, the little f**ker is the right fit for WSU!"
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith, if your son doesn't get sloppy like a big wet, pink gash when dealing with adversity -- well, then, the little f**ker is the right fit for WSU!"
                    LOL, I'm hoping that's exactly the type of stuff he can curb - that and the fistfu**ing references.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

LOL, I'm hoping that's exactly the type of stuff he can curb - that and the fistfu**ing references.
                      Play Mildly Irritated.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Here is Sheldon Bailey's response to Coach Waterman for defending 3G.

Really helping his credibility issue with these statements isn't he? He kinda just proved TW and Mike Kennedy's comments. I will continue to say it, look at the sources of all of the people accusing Gregg then look at the sources of those who are defending him. I will leave it up to you all to decide who appears more credible...

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Play Mildly Irritated.
                          Great point. No matter how this shakes out, gone are the Play Angry days.

Comment

• I see he deleted the tweet lol
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              I see he deleted the tweet lol
                              Deleting a “coon” tweet, for being racist to a person defending a person you don’t like (and also called him a racist himself)...

Where have I seen that before??
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                I see he deleted the tweet lol
                                “Remember kid, tweets get remembered, but screenshots never die.”

- The Babe in “The Sandlot” (sort of)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X