Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Here is Sheldon Bailey's response to Coach Waterman for defending 3G.
    I was looking at some of his other tweets and he mentions a podcast he did back in April where he talked about Marshall. I found the podcast and here's a link to his part of it - https://wbex.iheart.com/featured/fox...s-frustrating/ - he doesn't start talk about playing for Marshall until at the 4:30 mark and so it's about six minutes of talk.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I now consider myself black. If it's allowed based on physical differences regardless of sexual organs it should be allowed regardless of nonsexual organs (skin color).
      so as a black man, I see racism growing with our fight against racism.
      Just an observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Honest question. In today's new BIG liberal media....would any of this...any of this be attached to Wichita St's big donors??? One persons name comes to mind...and his name is stamped on the arena.

P.S. - call me a conspiracists wearing tinfoil hat kinda guy...but remember it is 2020 where the world we know it is 100% completely upside down still. In other words...it seems kinda political.
        I would say probably not on the initial articles. I think ******* has been wanting to go after Marshall like he did Billy Gillispie in 2012 and saw the transfers as his opportunity to do so. Others who have written articles over the past couple weeks - Thamel, Forde, etc. - I think are mainly jumping on the bandwagon and after clicks. But some of them have mentioned Koch in their articles with regards to salary, but I'm not sure if any of them are as publicly anti-Koch as Seth Davis has been like in this 2017 tweet:

I did notice last year that the announcers a lot of times would say something like 'we're live from the Roundhouse' vs 'we're live from Koch Arena'. Always wondered if that was because they didn't want to say Koch Arena or if the WSU pr department was trying to brand it as the Roundhouse,

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
          That's kind of an interesting Tweet from Seth. Thanks for sharing that Ted. With all this "division" pouring out these days...nothing would surprise me the lows they will take it. You wouldn't think it would filter down to a coach in the heartland...but yeah... whenever anything close comes to the topic of "racism" I guess it wouldn't surprise me.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I was looking at some of his other tweets and he mentions a podcast he did back in April where he talked about Marshall. I found the podcast and here's a link to his part of it - https://wbex.iheart.com/featured/fox...s-frustrating/ - he doesn't start talk about playing for Marshall until at the 4:30 mark and so it's about six minutes of talk.
            Not sure I value his opinion enough to waste 6 minutes of my life.

Comment

Seth's parents worked for the second most corrupt presidential administration ever, so I'm never surprised when I see stuff like this from him.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• At the end of all this, these two facts remain...
                *Seth Davis hates the Kochs
                *Erik Stephenson will always be a jerk

Comment

• A couple interesting articles -

https://www.si.com/college/2015/09/2...all-basketball - Sports Illustrated did a story in 2015 titled 'Is the era of abusive college coaches finally coming to an end?'. Long article but an interesting read.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ate-bigger-job - ESPN article from February 2018. Not very long ago and some of you may remember when it first came out. Given the current circumstances, it's a good read. Has quotes from Morris and Landry, Marshall's life in Wichita, the Alabama job, Harrison Ford, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Seth's parents worked for the second most corrupt presidential administration ever, so I'm never surprised when I see stuff like this from him.
                    I was reading his bio and he graduated from Duke with a degree in political science. He's currently the managing editor for college basketball at The Athletic, which makes one wonder how much input he has had in the recent articles from them regarding Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This stuff still happens all the time. I saw Tom Izzo put his hands on a player and (jacked him in the chest) during a nationally televised game. I have read how much verbal abuse he gives his players. He wins, he cares, he has discipline, and he isn't perfect. We all know that it happens all the time in practice with him and other coaches like him. Probably much more than we know. All it takes is an angry player who has his feelings hurt and Izzo is gone. It doesn't matter if he has coached 35 years and graduated many kids through college (who are likely not to care about academics) or not. Is the world changing into snowflakes? Too many kids to day are indulged and given too much. I would say yes, the world is changing, and not for the better.
                      I wish we could decide things are appropriate or inappropriate without having to say “the ends justified the means” or “I turned out fine” or “it happens all the time”.

I will not argue against the fact that some people are better off after receiving an ass beating. I would hope you could agree that some people suffer from psychological damage after one.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Not sure I value his opinion enough to waste 6 minutes of my life.
                        The guy was a real Richard when I called him out for his factual inaccuracies, namely how many NBA players that Gregg has produced and the fact that Gregg is only here because no one else wants him (it couldn’t possibly be that WSU is a damn good job).

I am boycotting Space Jam 2 because of this asshat.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I think this lacks historical perspective. Any modern Presidency would have a hard time matching the corruption of the 1870s through the 1920s. Example: Ulysses S. Grant's Presidency saw:
                          • Secretary of War resigned for bribery
                          • Secretary of the Interior resigned after taking bribes for land grants
                          • A massive kickback scheme (Whiskey Ring) with 110 convictions
                          • Kickbacks from unpaid taxes (Sanborn Incident)
                          • Secretary of the Navy getting kickbacks for his legal business
                          • The President's brother was involved in an insider trading scandal where financiers tried to corner the gold market (Black Friday)
                          • Salary Grab Act to increase salaries of President, Congress
                          This sort of thing wasn't uncommon. I think people underestimate what it would take to even break the top 5 in the most corrupt administration race, regardless of how a person's politics might influence how they feel about one party or the other.

Comment

• So today's narrative from the old farts is "back in my day my green beret coach/principal would flog us while doing the elephant walk all the while spitting an inch from my face how my mamma's a whore."

Well thank you all for your service.

BTW, before someone comes back with some snowflake/woke reference, I'm an old Catholic schoolboy, right-leaning veteran who is nearing AARP eligibility. Guess I haven't entered this old farts "well let me tell you bout my green beret coach back in the day..." phase yet...

Comment

• Marshall needs to read Patrick Lencioni. It starts with having the right people on the bus. Core values first and foremost. Cultural fit first, and then job fit. He started to put job fit first and this is what happened. He recruited jackasses. Shaq should have been shipped out before Marshall became so frustrated that it created this mess.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                So today's narrative from the old farts is "back in my day my green beret coach/principal would flog us while doing the elephant walk all the while spitting an inch from my face how my mamma's a whore."

Well thank you all for your service.

BTW, before someone comes back with some snowflake/woke reference, I'm an old Catholic schoolboy, right-leaning veteran who is nearing AARP eligibility. Guess I haven't entered this old farts "well let me tell you bout my green beret coach back in the day..." phase yet...
                                Tomorrow’s narrative is “I was too stoned to remember, but the music was good.”
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X