Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Pretty much clickbait articles Monday and Tuesday, which isn't surprising. Media 101 - put stuff out at the beginning of the week if you want people to read it, otherwise put something out on Friday to get it out but have it ignored. The articles make them look like idiots though. After their initial articles they said the WSU players who came forward in support of Marshall were irrelevant because they weren't there when things happened during the things mentioned in the article. Media people don't get the results they wanted, so they then put out articles about players who weren't there either, such as Winthrop players and Carr, because they're relevant because uh, um, ...the sportswriters say they are??? Congrats *******, et al - you made yourselves looks stupid and at the same time defeated your argument that what past WSU players in support of Marshall are irrelevant.

And as far as their 'why hasn't the university not suspended him' argument - just like loudmouths make terrible listeners, sportswriters with agendas make terrible readers. Nonetheless, ******* and others, read his contract. The answers are there under your noses.
    Yes love the - “oh positive testimonial doesn’t count, because those players weren’t around for the allegations”

While also saying - “lets go back 20 years (when the players who were around for the allegations were in diapers) and see what those players have to say.”

“Also, just for the heck of it, let’s ask what Antoine Carr has to say about it.”
    The Assman

Comment

• i've heard coach say a few of the things that have been mentioned in the various articles including the "go back to africa" (i believe 2014).. responses by student athletes were mixed but i witnessed an all-american use it as motivation, while a rotation player that didn't work his ass off sulked. its in the style of coaching and hell na'ah it isn't for everyone.

i'm guessing that coach could probably spend a few more minutes to disclose his aggressive style during recruiting..

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It was good to see Waterman and some other Winthrop players go on the record. Waterman indicated he couldn't speak on the present situation due to the investigation. So hopefully that is why we are not hearing any players from the timeframe speak up in his defense.
        That’s exactly why the lack of public comment from Fred, Ron, Evan, etc. doesn’t bother me unlike the “their silence speaks volumes” crowd. That’s just BS tea leaf reading or projection. Those guys are pros. Pros know that during an investigation you speak only to the investigators unless there is a very good reason to go public. Their opinions will be heard and taken into consideration by the law firm. What *we* think about their public statement or lack thereof is irrelevant.

Comment

• As someone who's not generally a fan of HCGM, I do agree that the media pile on is unfortunate and only serves to generate clicks.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Not relevant to the allegations that he punched a player.
            As much as you want it to be, that is not the end of the analysis.

Comment

• (Can't help myself)

Some things we know, some things we think we know, and somethings we don't know at all.

Gregg is the boss. I care what his current players, coaches and staff say and think. I care what ADDB says and thinks, and to a much lesser extent, other staff under ADDB. My point is, when did it become so ****ing important what some douchenozzle half way across the country feels about what goes on here. I'm just so SICK of other people being offended by things that are NONE of their business. If Kyle was offended, he should have said something. He wasn't. They were 2 men, they got over it.

And when did we stop trying to fix things? How many of you have been in a scrape in your life? I'm guessing most if not all of us. How many got over it? Again, most if not all. Even if this "is what it is", it cannot be fixed? It just has to be over because snowflake #756 in Bum****, Nowhere is offended? I'm so OVER revisionist history and cancel culture. OVER.

And frankly, IDGAD at this point if everything he's accused of he did. Gregg has personally and individually done more good for student athletes, by a large factor, than any bad he's accused of......he's done more good for WSU, the city of Wichita and the State of Kansas than ALL of his so called transgressions put together have done harm, by a factor of several thousands.

Oh and AC....you were my hero growing up. I doubt you'd want the world to know all the mistakes you've made during your lifetime. Gregg went WAY out of his way to make you a part of the program and treat you like a KING. WAY out of his way....and that's the thanks he gets? I hope you sleep well at night. Maybe it's time for you to stop asking for things from so many people?

If Gregg is let go, just think about how many young minority kids will suffer. He's helped so many, and could help many more. But because people not involved are offended, those kids will suffer and some won't get a chance, or won't learn to take advantage of their chance. And that's the real loss.

Gregg is NOT a racist. Of all the comments, all the accusations, this one is so out of bounds it's not even funny. He's the complete opposite, certainly in today's world. It's beyond laughable to try and stick that label on him.

And honestly, here's the real thing. Gregg is a man who is brutally honest and he has a long memory. If you don't like that, I suggest you steer clear of him, but he has every right to be that way. He's successful that way. Lots of people want to be told they are nice and handsome or pretty or that they did a good job, even if they are incompetent. Gregg's filter doesn't work that way. You do a bad job, you're going to hear about it. Why? Because he's a jerk? Or because he demands the same from you that he does from himself? Again, I get that some people don't like it. That doesn't mean he's wrong. Or that you are right.

If you're going to interview him, I suggest you know his record. Even if it's 1-5 and you think it's 1-4. I know I want my name spelled correctly and so does Gregg. He may be a bit more tenacious about it, but again, that's his choice.

We just can't wave to common sense. And trust me, I get the issues going forward. I do. At some point though, we just have to stop.

The good FAR OUTWEIGHS the bad and the bad, whatever it really is, isn't as bad as many are making it out to be.

I doubt it's going to be here though.

Comment

• I am reminded of the billboard on Kellogg as you approach Andover from the West -
                It says:

"TRUMP- Far from perfect, but PERFECT for us".

Not tipping my hand on how I feel about that particular sentiment, but the statement might fit perfectly for some regarding the Marshall situation . . .
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• total bullshit that he won’t be able to recruit and that Carr doesn’t respect Marshall. Lot of negative agendas working.

Comment

• The good outweighing the bad argument can be a very slippery slope and it’s not going to be an argument I can get behind.

Entirely on board with *******/Beamer needing to mind their own business though. Especially in this situation and knowing their motivations.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      (Can't help myself)

Some things we know, some things we think we know, and somethings we don't know at all.

Gregg is the boss. I care what his current players, coaches and staff say and think. I care what ADDB says and thinks, and to a much lesser extent, other staff under ADDB. My point is, when did it become so ****ing important what some douchenozzle half way across the country feels about what goes on here. I'm just so SICK of other people being offended by things that are NONE of their business. If Kyle was offended, he should have said something. He wasn't. They were 2 men, they got over it.

And when did we stop trying to fix things? How many of you have been in a scrape in your life? I'm guessing most if not all of us. How many got over it? Again, most if not all. Even if this "is what it is", it cannot be fixed? It just has to be over because snowflake #756 in Bum****, Nowhere is offended? I'm so OVER revisionist history and cancel culture. OVER.

And frankly, IDGAD at this point if everything he's accused of he did. Gregg has personally and individually done more good for student athletes, by a large factor, than any bad he's accused of......he's done more good for WSU, the city of Wichita and the State of Kansas than ALL of his so called transgressions put together have done harm, by a factor of several thousands.

Oh and AC....you were my hero growing up. I doubt you'd want the world to know all the mistakes you've made during your lifetime. Gregg went WAY out of his way to make you a part of the program and treat you like a KING. WAY out of his way....and that's the thanks he gets? I hope you sleep well at night. Maybe it's time for you to stop asking for things from so many people?

If Gregg is let go, just think about how many young minority kids will suffer. He's helped so many, and could help many more. But because people not involved are offended, those kids will suffer and some won't get a chance, or won't learn to take advantage of their chance. And that's the real loss.

Gregg is NOT a racist. Of all the comments, all the accusations, this one is so out of bounds it's not even funny. He's the complete opposite, certainly in today's world. It's beyond laughable to try and stick that label on him.

And honestly, here's the real thing. Gregg is a man who is brutally honest and he has a long memory. If you don't like that, I suggest you steer clear of him, but he has every right to be that way. He's successful that way. Lots of people want to be told they are nice and handsome or pretty or that they did a good job, even if they are incompetent. Gregg's filter doesn't work that way. You do a bad job, you're going to hear about it. Why? Because he's a jerk? Or because he demands the same from you that he does from himself? Again, I get that some people don't like it. That doesn't mean he's wrong. Or that you are right.

If you're going to interview him, I suggest you know his record. Even if it's 1-5 and you think it's 1-4. I know I want my name spelled correctly and so does Gregg. He may be a bit more tenacious about it, but again, that's his choice.

We just can't wave to common sense. And trust me, I get the issues going forward. I do. At some point though, we just have to stop.

The good FAR OUTWEIGHS the bad and the bad, whatever it really is, isn't as bad as many are making it out to be.

I doubt it's going to be here though.

Have you heard how the mood of the team is while going thru this crap? Thought you might know.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Have you heard how the mood of the team is while going thru this crap? Thought you might know.
                          I don't really like speaking for others for the most part. I did happen to visit with a current player this week, by happenstance, and he seemed very upbeat.

But, again, if you've had the pleasure and good fortune to meet all the kids that have played under Coach Marshall here, I'd venture a guess that 98% + of those encounters were with polite, courteous, friendly and engaging young men that you walked away proud to have met.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I always thought Kake was second tier but this is what good reporting is about.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don't really like speaking for others for the most part. I did happen to visit with a current player this week, by happenstance, and he seemed very upbeat.

But, again, if you've had the pleasure and good fortune to meet all the kids that have played under Coach Marshall here, I'd venture a guess that 98% + of those encounters were with polite, courteous, friendly and engaging young men that you walked away proud to have met.
                              This is the way
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Watch out saying 98%. Some on here would only want to concentrate on the other 2%.

Comment

Working...
                                X