X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    ****man with a clickbait title?!

Color me shocked!!
    ******* will go batshit crazy if coach isn't fired AND beats the hell out of Memphis this year.

Comment

• I don’t think I would get all positive responses either if one investigated everyone I’ve had to terminate over the years and phrased a question as “ tell me something bad about your former boss,”

This is really getting ridiculous and has lost a lot of credibility imo.

Comment

• On the one hand, if the investigation leads to GM getting dismissed, I will accept it. And I will look forward to the new era of Shocker hoops.

On the other hand, if he stays, this season will be off the hook! I'm calling Final 4 off the hook. Marshall will go scorched earth on everyone and, I think the team will rally behind him.

It will be glorious.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Marshall may have punched Shaq. Marshall may have said objectionable things to players during practice. Marshall may not be racist. Marshall may care about his players and mold them into great men.

All these things can be true at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive.

I don't envy the law firm or the decision makers right now. This is a no win situation for everyone involved.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I have no clue about the intricacies of this investigation, none. What I know is the season is approaching and in fairness to GM, the current players, and staff, this needs resolved now. From an outsider’s perspective, it looks like they’re jacking off with boxing gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
              I have no clue about the intricacies of this investigation, none. What I know is the season is approaching and in fairness to GM, the current players, and staff, this needs resolved now. From an outsider’s perspective, it looks like they’re jacking off with boxing gloves.
              that's not as hard as it looks

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Counter point:

I've been employed at my job for 2341 days. If I decide to punch someone I work with this afternoon, I fully expect that my 2341 days will mean absolutely jack and i will be fired. You are correct. His 20 years does not matter if he punched a player. There are lines you can not cross that will wipe out all good that you do. That's not cancel culture. That's life and being held accountable for your actions. Actions have consequences. He could get away with a LOT of verbal stuff if the physical stuff didn't happen. The piece yesterday was largely irrelevant when viewed on it's own. The problem is ... it's not on its own. It's showing a pattern of behavior. It's also something that the law firm will largely ignore because it can't be used to fire him for cause since it was before they hired him.

Damage is done. You can make your fun little stand against "the haters" but Gregg will not be able to recruit. Keeping Gregg means we are ok not going to the tourney. So in a couple of years, after we haven't made the tourney, we will buy him out for 15 million and be back to square one, but with even more damage to University rep.
                I’m not trying to take sides in another stupid draw the line black or white good or evil internet debate (seemingly the entire purpose of the internet).

However.

Setting aside that you likely don’t work in an environment similar to sports and therefore what would happen to you at your job is irrelevant, like it or not...Why did you punch someone? Were you provoked or defending yourself or just decide today was a good day to knock out your co-worker? I think the latter is unlikely which means there might be additional factors besides “I punched my coworker.” How much weight, if any, those factors are given is up to individual interpretation.

I agree that the “damage is done” in terms of public opinion. To many, he will always be what these articles say he is regardless of what actually happened or the result of the investigation. And I’m not dismissing the possibility that these articles present the entire story. I’m skeptical, but it’s not impossible.

I disagree that “Gregg will not be able to recruit” based on the simple fact that I’m not one to declare absolutes. You may think and believe that very strongly, and that’s fine, but nobody can say how all this stuff would play out on the recruiting trail over a few years.

Comment

• Tyson Waterman speaks on new allegations from Winthrop days

https://amp.kansas.com/sports/colleg...246600433.html

Comment

• What about the highly regarded point guard we signed a couple few years and Gregg peacefully let him out of his scholarship so the young man could go play with Penny in Memphis??? You remember that *******???
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      What about the highly regarded point guard we signed a couple few years and Gregg peacefully let him out of his scholarship so the young man could go play with Penny in Memphis??? You remember that *******???
                      Not relevant to the allegations that he punched a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                        Tyson Waterman speaks on new allegations from Winthrop days

It was good to see Waterman and some other Winthrop players go on the record. Waterman indicated he couldn't speak on the present situation due to the investigation. So hopefully that is why we are not hearing any players from the timeframe speak up in his defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                          Tyson Waterman speaks on new allegations from Winthrop days

Great article, and I enjoyed reading it but I am afraid it comes down to one paragraph...

The most serious allegations come from former WSU player Shaquille Morris, who told Stadium that Marshall punched him in the head during an October 2015 practice and that he saw Marshall attempt to choke former assistant coach Kyle Lindsted. Five other players from WSU’s 2015-16 team have independently confirmed to The Eagle that Marshall hit Morris, while eight other players from the 2016-17 team have confirmed to The Eagle that Marshall put his hand around Lindsted’s throat.

Comment

• Anyone read that new Pat Forde article? (I’m sure someone mentioned it)

I don’t want to hear what a keyboard-“I’m a great person, and better than the”-warrior has to say about empowering women.

Especially one that has a history with not being the kindest or having the highest opinion of the coach’s wife that he is writing about.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Not relevant to the allegations that he punched a player.
                              I understand but with what is being said...it's good to also appreciate good things about Coach Marshall. He's not perfect...he's not evil.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Pretty much clickbait articles Monday and Tuesday, which isn't surprising. Media 101 - put stuff out at the beginning of the week if you want people to read it, otherwise put something out on Friday to get it out but have it ignored. The articles make them look like idiots though. After their initial articles they said the WSU players who came forward in support of Marshall were irrelevant because they weren't there when things happened during the things mentioned in the article. Media people don't get the results they wanted, so they then put out articles about players who weren't there either, such as Winthrop players and Carr, because they're relevant because uh, um, ...the sportswriters say they are??? Congrats *******, et al - you made yourselves look stupid and at the same time defeated your argument that past WSU players in support of Marshall are irrelevant.

And as far as their 'why hasn't the university not suspended him' argument - just like loudmouths make terrible listeners, sportswriters with agendas make terrible readers. Nonetheless, ******* and others, read his contract. The answers are there under your noses.
                                Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; October 21, 2020, 04:11 PM. Reason: Edited to fix a couple grammar errors.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X