Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

A thousand times this. I’ve thought this a lot the past couple weeks. How do all those relationships go so wrong?

You have got to treat people better than that.
    Exactly. How do we allow the “press” to treat certain people so badly?

Did you know that none of the organizations that are issued “press” passes to the White House or Super Bowl identify as members of the press?

They are all “Entertainment Companies”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Exactly. How do we allow the “press” to treat certain people so badly?

Did you know that none of the organizations that are issued “press” passes to the White House or Super Bowl identify as members of the press?

They are all “Entertainment Companies”.
      How did CNN get out of that lawsuit a while back? They claimed that their mission was not to tell the truth or something like that.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Whoever this Eisenberg fella is, he must not be paying attention. There are plenty of former players come to his defense. I guess it's a matter of perspective and whether you actually want to believe or come off as cool and woke to stroke Doucheman.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            Gotta be at least a little comforting to hear from Mike on this. Doesn’t make an explicit statement, but it seems clear where he stands.
            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• [QUOTE=MikeKennedyRulZ;n1255809]

Whoever this Eisenberg fella is, he must not be paying attention. /QUOTE]

EISENBERG???

OMG!!!

Heisenberg.jpg
              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Yesterday, almost everyone on here went berzerk. Believing the media because everything they write is true. It's gotta be. Believing the media because they research everything. Believing the media because they wouldn't band together (even informally), and write their own narrative, or do a hit piece. The Wichita Eagle writers, and KWCH sports media, aren't doing a "hit piece" imo, but they just don't want to be irrelevant and totally late to the party. Of course, even they don't mention the other side to the story, that Mike just mentions.

This wavering back and forth, with each tidbit of information is unbecoming of people who pride themselves on being a steady group of fans (which has been the history of Shocker supporters). I'm not pre-judging the facts. I just won't go with every rumor or piece of information that comes out. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Wait for facts you can trust.

Comment

• This is where we end up with cancel culture.
                  Doesn't matter what a man does for 20 years in refining and polishing young men.
                  Doesn't matter that he made them into men without scandal.
                  Doesn't matter that he was very successful.

NOW, we MUST attack him.
                  He is BAD.
                  He, the horrors of it, yelled at people!
                  Gee, coaches never do that, right?

The level to which we have sank in attacking Gregg Marshall is appalling and ludicrous.

Again, he does not hide who he is and how he does his job.
                  Kids coming into his program know what they are getting into and most relish it and grow from it.

Perhaps he has gone too far on occasion.
                  But he is loyal to his school, his players and his community.

I just wish we were the same for him.

Shaq appears to be a good young man, but he "Clarence Thomased" Gregg Marshall for what purpose?

Now the persecution of Gregg Marshall has arrived and is ongoing.

Those people who are easily "triggered," the weak in the world who cannot lead, cannot build, do not succeed, MUST destroy him.
                  He must be made an example of.

I hope he fights like hell, the rich donors tell the university they will not back getting rid of him, and will not fund a new coach, and let those haters twist in the wind.
                  I support Gregg Marshall. Watch out, you may be next in cancel culture.

This is a sad commentary of America in 2020.

Comment

• Nice post Rahm ! From the start all the commentary from so many is just like their in
                    game comments when things are not going well. The sky is falling the sky is falling!
                    The biggest damage, and I hope GM overcomes it and remains here, is public opinion
                    regardless of truth. Someone show me some concrete evidence of over the top behavior
                    on GM's part and I might reconsider but the man is totally innocent until concrete proof
                    is shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                      Doesn't matter what a man does for 20 years in refining and polishing young men.

Counter point:

I've been employed at my job for 2341 days. If I decide to punch someone I work with this afternoon, I fully expect that my 2341 days will mean absolutely jack and i will be fired. You are correct. His 20 years does not matter if he punched a player. There are lines you can not cross that will wipe out all good that you do. That's not cancel culture. That's life and being held accountable for your actions. Actions have consequences. He could get away with a LOT of verbal stuff if the physical stuff didn't happen. The piece yesterday was largely irrelevant when viewed on it's own. The problem is ... it's not on its own. It's showing a pattern of behavior. It's also something that the law firm will largely ignore because it can't be used to fire him for cause since it was before they hired him.

Damage is done. You can make your fun little stand against "the haters" but Gregg will not be able to recruit. Keeping Gregg means we are ok not going to the tourney. So in a couple of years, after we haven't made the tourney, we will buy him out for 15 million and be back to square one, but with even more damage to University rep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        His 20 years does not matter IF he punched a player
                        FIFY

You have already pre-judged guilt. Sorry to inform you, but that is the NEW CANCEL culture.

The investigating group will take all of this into account. If this investigation isn't handled as it should, and a big chunk of super supporters aren't on board with the way this turns out, maybe you can take care of funding a new coach all by yourself. As for me, I can wait.

I might add, that you are causing as much damage as any news organization that puts out incomplete information and are just going in for the KILL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Counter point:

I've been employed at my job for 2341 days. If I decide to punch someone I work with this afternoon, I fully expect that my 2341 days will mean absolutely jack and i will be fired. You are correct. His 20 years does not matter if he punched a player. There are lines you can not cross that will wipe out all good that you do. That's not cancel culture. That's life and being held accountable for your actions. Actions have consequences. He could get away with a LOT of verbal stuff if the physical stuff didn't happen. The piece yesterday was largely irrelevant when viewed on it's own. The problem is ... it's not on its own. It's showing a pattern of behavior. It's also something that the law firm will largely ignore because it can't be used to fire him for cause since it was before they hired him.

Damage is done. You can make your fun little stand against "the haters" but Gregg will not be able to recruit. Keeping Gregg means we are ok not going to the tourney. So in a couple of years, after we haven't made the tourney, we will buy him out for 15 million and be back to square one, but with even more damage to University rep.
                          I have agreed with most things you have said in this thread, Stick, and I agree with most of your first few sentences, but I disagree with a little of this toward the end.

I agree that these "pattern of behavior" witnesses do not matter in regards to Shaq and Linstead allegations.

However, aren't there just as many, if not more, on the record "character witnesses" saying positive things about 3G? Don't those matter just as much as the negative ones? If not, why? Because of the Shaq and Linstead allegations?

I think IF somehow he kept his job, the reports of his demise would be premature, but I don't believe he will keep his job, so..

But your first point is valid, and is the conundrum for the university. None of this likely matters if there is proof that the Shaq and Linstead incidents happened as they were reported in those stories. And that is an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            FIFY

You have already pre-judged guilt. Sorry to inform you, but that is the NEW CANCEL culture.

The investigating group will take all of this into account. If this investigation isn't handled as it should, and a big chunk of super supporters aren't on board with the way this turns out, maybe you can take care of funding a new coach all by yourself. As for me, I can wait.

I might add, that you are causing as much damage as any news organization that puts out incomplete information and are just going in for the KILL.
                            I have not. That's what the word IF means.

Also, It does not matter one bit what 99% of the people on this board think. If Marshall cannot recruit, he's done for. That's fact. I'm sorry that you don't comprehend that. That's not me judging, that's me living in the real world. The real world isn't fair no matter how much some people like to kick and scream. It would be GREAT if the investigation comes back and says they couldn't find proof of it. Do you really think that will matter? Honestly... If you think that will change public perception, you are living in fantasy land. Marshall will have to recruit in the real world, not fantasy land.

It's perfectly fine to personally think that he didn't do these things and that all these people have an axe to grind. That's likely partly true. Some of it is likely blown out of proportion or didn't happen. Some of it likely had to happen just based off the odds and the sheer number of complaints. To think this will all just disappear and that coach will be able to go into kids homes and talk to their parents and use "well the WSU investigation found not wrongdoing" as a cop out and parent's will be like "oh ok, sure!" is just disconnected from reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

However, aren't there just as many, if not more, on the record "character witnesses" saying positive things about 3G? Don't those matter just as much as the negative ones? If not, why? Because of the Shaq and Linstead allegations?
                              They don't matter in the aspect of the punch and the choke because both of those are fireable offenses on their own. It doesn't matter how great a guy is if you cross lines you cannot cross. If those 2 were not in the picture and we were just talking about all the Verbal accusations, then absolutely they would matter and matter a ton. Verbal stuff while may be frowned upon, isn't a line you can't cross. Those can be counteracted by the overall picture. Using my example above, if i cuss someone out at work today then my 2341 day DO matter.

We can argue where that uncrossable line is, but at least to me, any physical contact is crossing it. When you sign up to be a D1 college player, you are are signing up for tough coaching. That's not physical abuse, but verbally dressing people down is fair game to an extent. Coach should still likely reel that in a bit, but it's not fireable in it's own right.

I've said this before. If it's proven that either of the physical attacks happened, then coach has to be gone. Doesn't matter how many cats he's saved from the trees, or bears he fought off to save children. You can't do that as a representative of the university. If those are unable to be proven, then it gets a LOT more complicated. As I mentioned before, like it or not, the damage is done. It just comes down to whether we want to pay his buyout now, or in a few years when he struggles after recruiting failures. That's not pre-judging guilt, but just looking at the reality of the overall situation and the world we live in.

Comment

• No one can convince me he'll be able to recruit going forward. The court of public opinion has spoken. Perhaps that's a travesty but it's reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X