No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My barber claims he knows someone with close ties to another person who claims a
    person he over heard talking to the girl friend of a very important person that has inside
    knowledge of a supposed faculty member who knows another person close to the program
    and that person is almost sure they heard that GM made a certain player run laps until
    they broke a sweat and even called him a bad name when he couldn't finish said laps.
    Not only that someone else says he heard the same thing from another source about
    20 years ago........something about GM being mean to his players. GM must be a mean
    man and has to go so we can hire another mean coach cause they are all mean at one
    time or another. Basketball is a mean inhumane sport with coaches that humiliate their
    players. Chess is better but don't hire a mean chess coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      My barber claims he knows someone with close ties to another person who claims a
      person he over heard talking to the girl friend of a very important person that has inside
      knowledge of a supposed faculty member who knows another person close to the program
      and that person is almost sure they heard that GM made a certain player run laps until
      they broke a sweat and even called him a bad name when he couldn't finish said laps.
      Not only that someone else says he heard the same thing from another source about
      20 years ago........something about GM being mean to his players. GM must be a mean
      man and has to go so we can hire another mean coach cause they are all mean at one
      time or another. Basketball is a mean inhumane sport with coaches that humiliate their
      players. Chess is better but don't hire a mean chess coach.
      This is a low quality take.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

This is a low quality take.
          Probably, but it’s going to be the sentiment of a large portion of alumni.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Most of the banter on Twitter sadly enough is between a bunch of college basketball writers spooning each other over the subject. Not sure I have ever seen anything like this following sports. They are literally talking to each other just to keep the balloon from hitting the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Most of the banter on Twitter sadly enough is between a bunch of college basketball writers spooning each other over the subject. Not sure I have ever seen anything like this following sports. They are literally talking to each other just to keep the balloon from hitting the floor.
              Spooning is putting it in Disney terms
              The Assman

Comment

• I didnt read far enough back to see if it was posted and I might be doing a disservice but I felt it wasn't worth posting. Anyway si.com has a woke story by Pat Ford criticizing Coach's weakness with women. It seems a better representation might be his relationship with his wife. It seems there is closeness & respect there.
                Phi Alpha

Comment

• I got a text from a pretty smart buddy of mine...

The problem isn’t so much what HCGM has done to the team/players, the problem is how HCGM has treated people that got on his bad side. Unfortunately, there are more Goodman’s out there compared to just a few Rome’s.

At the end of the day, I bet the biggest HCGM fan thinks 75% of this stuff is true. IMO, it takes a bit of crazy to be a top tier coach. Sure there are a few geniuses every generation, but the rest of the top 20-30 coaches are probably mentally ill at some level. It just takes a crazy amount of passion, attention to detail, and compulsiveness to be an effective coach of 18-22 year old men.

Today’s articles (I didn’t read all of them) don’t really register with me. That stuff is all baked in the cake...HCGM is a gifted verbal assassin... he is quick, witty, and can make a freaking point. Does it fit into today’s world? Probably not, but the best man I knew acted the same way so I can’t really hold it against HCGM.

I wish HCGM left himself some wriggle room to be humble... acknowledge that he, like everyone else, is imperfect. Look for a route to improve and let the next chapter be about redemption....

if he gets to stay on - post game comments after losses will be must see tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    My guess is they are waiting for the university to take an acceptable action from their point of view. If the university fails to do so, they will go public.

So now I want to know what their point of view is!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      if he gets to stay on - post game comments after losses will be must see tv.
                      As HC3GM's virtual agent, I just advise that from here on out he never, ever use the cliche' "I wanted to ring his neck."

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

As HC3GM's virtual agent, I just advise that from here on out he never, ever use the cliche' "I wanted to ring his neck."
                        That would be a big ring
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Most of the banter on Twitter sadly enough is between a bunch of college basketball writers spooning each other over the subject. Not sure I have ever seen anything like this following sports. They are literally talking to each other just to keep the balloon from hitting the floor.
                          The "media" in general is useless garbage nowadays. Nothing but low-life hacks. Trying to get as many Twitter likes as possible by pulling out the "racist" cards and plastering the word everywhere so they can create a resulting triggerstorm. And *click* *click* *click*, "I deserve a pat on the back. I just labeled a guy a racist, I win"

I thought I've seen deterioration in my life but I've never seen anything like I've seen happening to the "media" these days. And you can throw social media on the top of the heap.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                            That would be a big ring
                            ring/wring -- whatever! lol
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                                I got a text from a pretty smart buddy of mine...

The problem isn’t so much what HCGM has done to the team/players, the problem is how HCGM has treated people that got on his bad side.
                                A thousand times this. I’ve thought this a lot the past couple weeks. How do all those relationships go so wrong?

You have got to treat people better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X