Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Nobody has said, "I was there, and it did not happen."
    It's funny how you and I are on completely different ends of the political spectrum and yet see this issue more or less the same. Yet others are doing their level best to conflate this with the politics du jour.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
      Cancel culture at its finest. I hope Coach and his family are doing alright during all this.
      Coach will be fine no matter the outcome. Either

A: He's retained by WSU, he keeps his cushy contract
      B: He's fired for cause and likely still gets some portion of his buyout due to the AD taking blame on some of this. Very easy now to make a case that WSU "Should have known" Marshall is the way he is. Then Marshall will likely be hired within a year by a P5 who will get credit for "rehabbing" him just like Bruce Pearl.

Comment

• Tuesday Cryptic Tidbits:

1. Another article out today about GM. This time talking with Winthrop players. What is most likely at this point: The allegations are true or the allegations are false?
        2. Ever notice how many of the big time coaches (Calipari, Pitino, Self, Pearl, Boeheim, Huggins etc). out there come with some issues?
        3. Sticking with #2, is there anybody (athletic department, players, other coaches, fans etc) unaware that these coaches have issues before hiring them? Yet they are always hired anyways. Why is that?
        4. Why is the law firm asking for positive stories about GM today? How could that be of value in any way?
        5. Does it appear that one person is being very unstable in their denials of involvement in this right now on the message boards? I wonder why.
        Last edited by Speak2me; October 20, 2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
          I killed a guy many years ago, but was forgiven and my employer understood it was a past mistake.
          Well we have to assume it was self-defense then, so I'm sorry you had that type of confrontation but glad you won!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I really wonder what would be drug up about anyone if you wanted to nit pick someone’s entire career - talk to people that dislike said person - many times anonymously. This goes for coaching, but any one of us on this board as well. Any human being.

I think it’s likely all pretty much true. And I think he will probably be fired - and probably deserves it.

But I also really dislike that this is what we do as a country, media, society, whatever. It’s chickenshit.

I wholeheartedly believe those things can both be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

It's funny how you and I are on completely different ends of the political spectrum and yet see this issue more or less the same. Yet others are doing their level best to conflate this with the politics du jour.
              Most Americans are more alike than different.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                I really wonder what would be drug up about anyone if you wanted to nit pick someone’s entire career - talk to people that dislike said person - many times anonymously. This goes for coaching, but any one of us on this board as well. Any human being.

I think it’s likely all pretty much true. And I think he will probably be fired - and probably deserves it.

But I also really dislike that this is what we do as a country, media, society, whatever. It’s chickenshit.

I wholeheartedly believe those things can both be true.
                If, indeed, there have been no physical incidents post Shaq, then I am more or less inclined to agree with you. I made some mistakes early in my career that escaped notice or were forgiven. No doubt if presented all at once these would present a pretty poor picture of me as an individual and employee.

However, if I continued to repeat the same behavior then a look back at my history would be warranted.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

• HCGM is not a racist, that much I would bet on. Saying insensitive things to motivate someone does not in and of themselves make them a racist. It disgusts me that term is thrown around so casually as moshock says

Comment

• Another thing, was that player actually FROM Africa (al la EO) or was it just directed to a black player?

Context matters.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There have been a number of players who have defended GM, including present players, saying that they didn’t see any of that. Racism, abuse,etc. was dismissed. Players from 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2019, etc. You are so biased, you wouldn’t see the truth if it hit you in the back of the head.
                        No Baker, No Fred, No Lindestead. No other coaches who were there have step forward. Nobody of any consequence is willing to put their neck or reputation out for Marshall. The silence is deafening and it say a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Coach will be fine no matter the outcome. Either

A: He's retained by WSU, he keeps his cushy contract
                          B: He's fired for cause and likely still gets some portion of his buyout due to the AD taking blame on some of this. Very easy now to make a case that WSU "Should have known" Marshall is the way he is. Then Marshall will likely be hired within a year by a P5 who will get credit for "rehabbing" him just like Bruce Pearl.
                          I think Marshall is done coaching college basketball. He always said he wanted to retire early, I think he gets his wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

No Baker, No Fred, No Lindestead. No other coaches who were there have step forward. Nobody of any consequence is willing to put their neck or reputation out for Marshall. The silence is deafening and it say a lot.
                            I agree with you on the specific incidents. And I actually agree in general.

But I do not think it’s accurate to act as if there have not been many many players and coaches who were here, and have left, who likely have very positive views of 3G and positive views of their time in the program.

I do think it’s important to separate those out. Because that first sentence turns into the opposite of my second sentence pretty quickly in most people’s eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Not sure I agree with this premise. He effectively led several players who subsequently recruited others during this time. If the allegations are true, there will be some players that support his style and help him recruit in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I agree with you on the specific incidents. And I actually agree in general.

But I do not think it’s accurate to act as if there have not been many many players and coaches who were here, and have left, who likely have very positive views of 3G and positive views of their time in the program.

I do think it’s important to separate those out. Because that first sentence turns into the opposite of my second sentence pretty quickly in most people’s eyes.
                                It is irrelevant whether there are people who have positive view of GGG.

The question is he an physically abusive coach? There are prominent players and coaches who could stand-up and shut this all down - but they are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X