Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    one of the winthrop players is mad because Marshall essentially called them *******? the "ok" sign and the name Gash, which was a reference to a woman's vagina? I mean come on, really? If that is what the Atlantic article is about, its a non-story. Does anyone else have the full article?
    PM sent
    78-65

Comment

• Well, I've got a subscription to the Athletic (well worth it) and after reading the article, I'm feeling more despondent. I don't want to believe it, but some of it HAS to be true. There's just too much of it. I'll always root for the team, but it's hard to root for a coach that does a better Bobby Knight than Bobby Knight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Another Athletic article .. this time talking to players at Winthrop ...

The media is certainly investigating GM differently than they are Joe Biden. They are going at it full speed ahead with anonymous sources and sources who have an axe to grind. Biden doesn’t even get a smell from MSM.

Comment

• Sheldon Bailey tweeted about Marshall being abusive when all the transfers happened. There was a long Twitter thread between him and a group of Winthrop players that were talking about verbal abuse, and also sharing stories about him throwing objects at him. This isn't "digging" for more stories, these were stories that were already being shared publicly.

Comment

• On a lighter note, Patty Beamer - who claims she’s not able to see the Unfiltered FB group - is now, one-by-one, direct messaging people in there picking fights them.

Seriously, this is nuttier than a movie. No psychoanalytic biography would do this woman’s brain justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              one of the winthrop players is mad because Marshall essentially called them *******? the "ok" sign and the name Gash, which was a reference to a woman's vagina? I mean come on, really? If that is what the Atlantic article is about, its a non-story. Does anyone else have the full article?
              Yes. Several players are named. One recalls an outburst at Kellen's second birthday party over a cracked wiffle ball where he threw a player up against the wall. Several players had to intervene. Lynn responded that she hated when he got like that. After a road loss, he refused to let the team eat before a three hour bus ride, and sat next to a player for two hours on that ride excoriating the player the whole time.

Several other examples. One player reported him to the President at Winthrop. Father followed up with a letter. Neither heard anything anything back from the President, but Marshall let him know about several times in front of the team.
              Last edited by jocoshock; October 20, 2020, 02:37 PM. Reason: Spell checking
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The media is certainly investigating GM differently than they are Joe Biden. They are going at it full speed ahead with anonymous sources and sources who have an axe to grind. Biden doesn’t even get a smell from MSM.
                WTF does Biden and his crack smoking ne'er do well son have to do with any of this?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• The juxtaposition of CJM and TE is quite something. One is aware of who grants them inside access to the program and the other is burning bridges.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    Well, I've got a subscription to the Athletic (well worth it) and after reading the article, I'm feeling more despondent. I don't want to believe it, but some of it HAS to be true. There's just too much of it. I'll always root for the team, but it's hard to root for a coach that does a better Bobby Knight than Bobby Knight.
                    It's all true bro. Guy is a monster who has verbally and physically abusing players for 20+ years. Also, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's "fake news". Goes for everyone. If a band director at any school was doing this stuff they would have been fired already. Just because Gregg wins basketball games he's given a longer rope to hang himself with. Sad reality we live in where people will call out grown men for being "soft" because they don't like being mentally crapped and thrown against walls on by some idiot coach because they missed a jumper or broke a whiffle ball.

Comment

• What’s next? Gregg Marshall passed a ball to an athlete at Randolph Macon in 1986, the ball missed and the Athlete got a bloody nose?

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

It's all true bro. Guy is a monster who has verbally and physically abusing players for 20+ years. Also, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's "fake news". Goes for everyone. If a band director at any school was doing this stuff they would have been fired already. Just because Gregg wins basketball games he's given a longer rope to hang himself with. Sad reality we live in where people will call out grown men for being "soft" because they don't like being mentally crapped and thrown against walls on by some idiot coach because they missed a jumper or broke a whiffle ball.
                        Your beak is showing.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

What are your qualifications for anything? BOBB. We know you’re agenda so what credibility do you have? I can answer that, NONE. In almost any disciplinary action, personal testimony is relevant in the remedy, penalty or disciplinary phase as it goes to whether the subject is amenable to rehabilitation. I should slow it down that’s too fast for you , sorry.

I highly doubt a bunch of emails from boosters and fans, who see the polite political side of Gregg, will do literally any good against the testimonials of 30+ assistants and players who deal with Gregg the Psycho every day in practice.

But go ahead and send that email about that one time he shook your hand and said hi to you, and be sure to note how good that made you feel. I'm sure that'll cancel out the anecdote about him punching Shaq in the head or attempting to strangle an assistant.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall has been accused of making racist remarks and using verbally-abusive language toward his players during his time as head coach at Winthrop...

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Bill Self and KU suck monkey balls.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The model is out there. If WSU keeps Marshall, then they will ramp up another wave of allegations.

if u look out on Twitter, it is like there are Twitter bots retweetijng the stories. They all use the exact same language when the retweet. Almost like a coordinated effort.
                                If, and I mean that as a big qualifier, HCGM is retained, he will be put on a zero tolerance posture as was Bobby Knight and Jody Adams. We know how both of those stories turned out. It will be interesting to see how he adapts....will he effectively be neutered where he is afraid to raise his voice at a player? Or will he take the Bear Bryant approach and coach from the tower? I can’t see him saying yes to either one of those things.

The damage will continue whether he stays or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X