Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Marshall is probably the reason most of them still have jobs.
    Probably?

Comment

• So, Mr. Hayton would be fine being suspended and his reputation ruined if I randomly called in the the university and say he abused me and that I wanted to remain anonymous?

I mean, he wouldn’t not want the university to take my allegations seriously, right?!
      The Assman

Comment

Funny how the article also mentions KU's debacle. Marshall and Self both in the principles office. Lol.. They do have a similar problem that WSU has right now as these negative situations aren't helping either school as far as recruiting and donations go. KU's problem though is bigger. Basketball has been their cash cow forever and now the plug has been pulled on all that. I really don't know how a lengthy probation wouldn't nearly bankrupt their athletic department. WSU's problem is merely basketball has greatly benefited the school recently. A major decline in basketball wouldn't hurt us that badly though. I'm assuming the major impact of probation is probably why KU's problem is taking so long to sort out

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Funny how the article also mentions KU's debacle. Marshall and Self both in the principles office. Lol.. They do have a similar problem that WSU has right now as these negative situations aren't helping either school as far as recruiting and donations go. KU's problem though is bigger. Basketball has been their cash cow forever and now the plug has been pulled on all that. I really don't know how a lengthy probation wouldn't nearly bankrupt their athletic department. WSU's problem is merely basketball has greatly benefited the school recently. A major decline in basketball wouldn't hurt us that badly though. I'm assuming the major impact of probation is probably why KU's problem is taking so long to sort out
          I'm speech.............less

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Faculty deciding to weight in and call for Marshall suspension until the investigation is over.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...246430355.html
            I thought the investigation was supposed to end either last week or this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I thought the investigation was supposed to end either last week or this week?
              We are talking billable hours with no end in sight. This is like giving them a blank check and a blank canvas to fill in as they like.

Comment

• If anybody on here knows Jon Rolph, could you ask and report back why he didn't vote for Muma? Was it a no-confidence vote or did he have some other ideas? I find it interesting that the WSU representative was the only one not to vote for Muma.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  If anybody on here knows Jon Rolph, could you ask and report back why he didn't vote for Muma? Was it a no-confidence vote or did he have some other ideas? I find it interesting that the WSU representative was the only one not to vote for Muma.
                  Maybe the local news channels should be pushed to ask him. We don't have a local newspaper.

Comment

Just have to chime in here a bit....I am all for Marshall getting a FULL and COMPLETE hearing...indeed, innocent until proven guilty!!!! HOWEVER, the one professor is right...if any other faculty member faced these kind of allegations, they wouldn't be in the classroom until the case is resolved. And, it is untrue that Marshall is the reason "most of them still have jobs". Very little money comes to the other colleges within the university from the athletic department. In fact, some departments are struggling mightily despite the supposed financial windfall that has come the Shockers way over the last decade. I doubt, seriously, that there are many if any faculty members who have seen much of a difference in their positions, salary, or anything else because of the success of the basketball team....and that's all I want...GREAT success for the basketball team...and the university as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      Very little money comes to the other colleges within the university from the athletic department. In fact, some departments are struggling mightily despite the supposed financial windfall that has come the Shockers way over the last decade. I doubt, seriously, that there are many if any faculty members who have seen much of a difference in their positions, salary, or anything else because of the success of the basketball team....and that's all I want...GREAT success for the basketball team...and the university as well.
                      I’d like to see your research on donations given to the university 2006-2013 compared to donations given to the university from 20013-2020 (apples to apples-no athletic department money at all). I’d also be interested in in 1990-1997 as another 7 year comparison. Just a guess but I’d bet you are wrong and I wouldn’t be surprised that you may be very wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        So, Mr. Hayton would be fine being suspended and his reputation ruined if I randomly called in the the university and say he abused me and that I wanted to remain anonymous?

I mean, he wouldn’t not want the university to take my allegations seriously, right?!
                        It’s not like some lone wolf random person who has no association with Gregg Marshall called the university and accused him of abuse, like your analogy suggests. 8 of his former players said he choked a coach. 7 said he hit a player. If 8 students said that they saw Mr. Hayton choke another teacher and 7 said he punched a student, he would be suspended while they investigate. The double standard seems to be a lot of the issue here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’d like to see your research on donations given to the university 2006-2013 compared to donations given to the university from 20013-2020 (apples to apples-no athletic department money at all). I’d also be interested in in 1990-1997 as another 7 year comparison. Just a guess but I’d bet you are wrong and I wouldn’t be surprised that you may be very wrong.
                          You have to understand, donations don't necessarily come in because of the basketball team...there are other reasons, as well, for which those donations are made. And, donations to the athletic department don't necessarily filter down to the various colleges/schools/departments. There are a lot of variables that even the numbers from any set of years would be hard to prove as to how they relate to specific departments. There have been MANY areas within the university that have had to cut staff in the last few years and have seen budget lines disappear. If a faculty member retired, no replacement was put into those budget lines. There are faculty now who fear retiring as they know that lines won't be filled and that the money will disappear from their colleges. And this is in the years since the NCAA success and before Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post

It’s not like some lone wolf random person who has no association with Gregg Marshall called the university and accused him of abuse, like your analogy suggests. 8 of his former players said he choked a coach. 7 said he hit a player. If 8 students said that they saw Mr. Hayton choke another teacher and 7 said he punched a student, he would be suspended while they investigate. The double standard seems to be a lot of the issue here.
                            Hayton is probably one of those #Me Too professors who jumps the gun like the professors at Duke or Justice Kavenaugh. The only students on record are players who left and that is on Twitter. I don’t think we know who brought charges yet or what is known in the investigation. Twitter and anonymous sources in an article is all we know.

Comment

• Comparing a student to teacher relationship to a player to coach relationship simply isn't apples to apples. You'd think a professor should be smart enough to realize that.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                                Comparing a student to teacher relationship to a player to coach relationship simply isn't apples to apples. You'd think a professor should be smart enough to realize that.
                                Please explain.....any relationship that involves alleged abuse is significant...whether it be a coach or teacher/student situation. Many teachers work very closely with their students in a one on one situation or even in small groups...much like working with a team of athletes.
                                Last edited by Singeril; October 18, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X