Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
    Unless hitting shaq in any was is disproven, how is he going to go in to living rooms and convince parents he can coach their son? Doesn’t matter how many former players back him.
    At worst-
    “I’ve only had to punch one player. He had 60lbs on the kid that was driving and bodied him up for a hard foul after being warned multiple times to cool off. I walloped him upside the head and shoved him out of practice. I learned my lesson there- better to ship a player out than feel like that is what it takes to get through to them. That’s a large part of the reason we have more transfers than anywhere else. If it’s not a culture fit, if you don’t like how tough it is at WSU, the transfer portal is always open. I don’t like losing men, but I will not lose a team. Other teams can have the burger boys, I’ll take the hard nosed pb&j boys that can scrap.”

something like that.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      At worst-
      “I’ve only had to punch one player. He had 60lbs on the kid that was driving and bodied him up for a hard foul after being warned multiple times to cool off. I walloped him upside the head and shoved him out of practice. I learned my lesson there- better to ship a player out than feel like that is what it takes to get through to them. That’s a large part of the reason we have more transfers than anywhere else. If it’s not a culture fit, if you don’t like how tough it is at WSU, the transfer portal is always open. I don’t like losing men, but I will not lose a team. Other teams can have the burger boys, I’ll take the hard nosed pb&j boys that can scrap.”

something like that.
      That’s racist!
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I think the punch in the back was a shove.

I think the punch after the lazy hard foul on Zach brown was a closed hand slap.

I think both were interpreted by people who had never scrapped.
        your/our thoughts about what might have happened are irrelevant. Truth will come out at some point and be dealt with accordingly. I can see why kids don't say anything when they are playing, they are trying to get to the next level and don't want to jeopardize it. Shaq is done playing basketball now and figures he has nothing to lose. He still has a lot to learn about burning bridges though.

Comment

• Yeah, maybe something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

That’s racist!
            Ok, I'm old. Can someone explain the whole PB&J thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Yeah, maybe something like that
              Metamucil comes in big white bottles with an orange/yellow label and an orange lid.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• The Wichita Business Journal has an article related to comments made by acting president Rick Muma regarding the investigation during a virtual town hall meeting on Tuesday. The headline reads there's no timeline on a decision regarding Marshall. They do the paywall thing as well, so you won't see the article unless you have a subscription or can click stop on your browser really quick once the page loads. Here's the link to the article - https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...-decision.html and if you want to watch the town hall meeting, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C24lQOxzwIM and the part is at approximately 18:20 in and is about 30 seconds.

FYI - the Journal also has an article regarding the search for a new president and it's based on what Blake Flanders from KBOR talks about on the virtual town hall. That part is after the part regarding Marshall.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

It was alluding to the statement Marshall made to Stevenson which was apparently racist.

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

I don't know, but a PB&J sandwich (with grape jelly) sounds pretty good right now.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm not condoning some of HCGM's tactics to get through to a player. Coaches have their own styles. Everyone has their shortcomings, some worse than others. One thing I do know is that Marshall seems to do more with less or at least underrated. He has had a very successful program on a national level.

I keep going back to that Eagle article regarding Shaq and HCGM. There really wasn't any "punches" (sorry) held back by their comments. Shaq and Marshall were each other's biggest problem/frustration/challenge. Both could have given up on the other many times, but they didn't and both seemed to think that it was worth it in the end.

Frankly, I think Marshall could have more easily done without Shaq than the other way around. Now, years later, those efforts come back to bite HCGM.

Oil and water do not mix. Maybe it's better that an unhappy player just leaves, particularly if he believes he's in the right.

Was it worth it?? I'm guessing that Marshall will not make that type of mistake again (if he has a chance) and if a "problem child" wants to leave, he shows them where the door is. Wonder what Shaq meant in that article: "It's actually a weird relationship," Morris said. "I use him and he uses me, but we've come to understand each other. I trust him and I think he trusts me now." Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

It was alluding to the statement Marshall made to Stevenson which was apparently racist.
                        I'm not that old. I understand they said it was racist. But why is it racist?

Comment

• Well, it’s stupid, but here is the explanation about why somebody thinks pb&js are racist.

Comment

I'm not that old. I understand they said it was racist. But why is it racist?
                            I’m guessing the actual alleged racism is in Marshall’s use of the word “brothers.” But who knows anymore?

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• He was accusing Erik the great of being afraid of black players

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                                Well, it’s stupid, but here is the explanation about why somebody thinks pb&js are racist.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/is-pe...cist_n_1874905
                                People are ****ing morons.

On another note, I have found the best way to eat a peanut butter & banana “sandwich” is to, smear it on a tortilla and roll the banana up in it. Life changing.

(Or is that cultural appropriation? Then you get into the logic loophole of can’t have sandwiches, because that’s white privilege and you can’t turn a sandwich into a burrito, because that’s appropriation. You can’t win.)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X