Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    What about you? Where are you on it?
    I keep hoping somebody comes forward and says that these allegations are not true

Comment

So he is done on the mere strength of Shaw’s statement. What if the investigators ask Gregg if it was a punch and he says no. Is he a liar just because his answer is different than Shaw’s? How do you know he is done? Are you on the firing committee? Does Gregg have any rights? Is that how it works at your employer? You get accused of something and you are fired because your accuser says “yeah, he did it? And now you have no job and everyone thinks you’re a violent person? Ok just wondering.
      Jesus ... You feel better now ?

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Bro it literally says Fake in the name
        Sorry, this is a really hairy situation, I must have just got swept up in it early while I was scrolling Twitter on the john. Thanks son for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Jesus ... You feel better now ?

​​​​​
          No, you just answered several questions with a question. Is he done because you say he’s done?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Is there anybody else left to come forward and make a statement saying that they support the Coach?
            This is what I'm waiting on. I'm willing to not fully pass judgement until everything plays out, but someone from the 2015-2017 years would deny the major allegations you would think. Would Fred and Ron really let Marshall burn over lies/exaggeration? I could see them wanting time before going public, but the silence feels loud. I don't know

Comment

• I’m just ready for this to get put to rest one way or the other. The season is approaching. I hope that the powers that be rip the bandaid off soon and we can move forward.

Comment

No, you just answered several questions with a question. Is he done because you say he’s done?
                I've gone over my thoughts on this multiple times. Read the thread.

In short no. Lots of complicated parts to this

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

This is what I'm waiting on. I'm willing to not fully pass judgement until everything plays out, but someone from the 2015-2017 years would deny the major allegations you would think. Would Fred and Ron really let Marshall burn over lies/exaggeration? I could see them wanting time before going public, but the silence feels loud. I don't know
                  I am pretty much right here.

I think everyone posting regularly in this thread ought to try to answer a couple questions.

Do you think 3G hit Shaq?

-
                  For me, it seems pretty obvious something along these lines happened. No, we don't know specifics or context, and that is extremely important. Note why I want to wait a bit. But there is wayyyyy too much smoke. If you are thinking Shaq got paid, or there are about 10 different people just making stuff up - You might be in some kind of denial. Not trying to be rude, just my opinion.

If he hit Shaq, can he still be head coach at Wichita State?

- For me... probably not? Depends on details. I think there is a world where he is fired, and also one where he is not. I don't have a SUPER hot take on that, just depends on details that emerge. It does not look good right now.

If 3G really "sucker punched" Shaq for a foul, which was borderline dirty... and it just happened to set him off randomly (this is the only way it has been depicted really). Then he deserves to be fired. If you argue he does not, I would love to know the argument. Because I cannot convince myself otherwise, even though I am trying.

Even if he keeps his job, can he do it effectively?

I think he can. I think winning solves everything, which is probably a shitty statement, but its true. If he survives, and WSU makes NCAA Tourney, then Sweet 16, and there is loads of good press on this year's team, then I think a lot of this gets washed.

But there is likely another world where he survives, WSU stinks, players transfer again, and we wonder why we are putting up with this again?

I echo the same thing lots have said... I am just said. Feel for the players. And I feel for 3G, who I care for, and I do believe has done loads more good than bad. Just not so sure it matters if you are hitting players and choking assistants.
                  Last edited by ShockerExpress; October 13, 2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

Who's to say they haven't? Just cause they haven't done it on social media doesn't mean they haven't with investigators.

We will find out soon one way or another....hopefully
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Unless hitting shaq in any was is disproven, how is he going to go in to living rooms and convince parents he can coach their son? Doesn’t matter how many former players back him.

Comment

• Here is where I presently stand. I think the whole thing smacks of a hit piece. If every
                        coach at every level was fired for losing their temper and crossing a line there wouldn't be
                        many decent coaches around and few wanting to ever coach. The alleged "punch" did not
                        rise to the level ( at the time ) for SM or anyone else to formerly lodge a complaint. Digging up
                        bones 5-6 years later just doesn't cut it with me whether he did it or not. That said, 3G is going
                        to be considered guilty in the court of public appeals and *******'s intent will have
                        served it's purpose and that is unfortunate / unfair to our coach and our program. So I say screw
                        *******, Beamer and all those complicit with the hit piece.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Here is where I presently stand. I think the whole thing smacks of a hit piece. If every
                          coach at every level was fired for losing their temper and crossing a line there wouldn't be
                          many decent coaches around and few wanting to ever coach. The alleged "punch" did not
                          rise to the level ( at the time ) for SM or anyone else to formerly lodge a complaint. Digging up
                          bones 5-6 years later just doesn't cut it with me whether he did it or not. That said, 3G is going
                          to be considered guilty in the court of public appeals and *******'s intent will have
                          served it's purpose and that is unfortunate / unfair to our coach and our program. So I say screw
                          *******, Beamer and all those complicit with the hit piece.
                          This to a T!

Comment

• Politics. Cancel culture cancels Ivanka. Retribution - President of WSU fired. Cancel culture attempts to Cancel coach Marshall. I know nothing, but I bet Coach shoved Shaq and told him to get out of practice after Shaq committed a stupid hard foul on another player. A shove can be viewed differently by a person's perspective. Why is it coming out now after 5 years. Shaq part of the me too movement? Just another day in the year of 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                              Unless hitting shaq in any was is disproven, how is he going to go in to living rooms and convince parents he can coach their son? Doesn’t matter how many former players back him.
                              You think he hasn’t had to overcome that already?

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                                Politics. Cancel culture cancels Ivanka. Retribution - President of WSU fired. Cancel culture attempts to Cancel coach Marshall. I know nothing, but I bet Coach shoved Shaq and told him to get out of practice after Shaq committed a stupid hard foul on another player. A shove can be viewed differently by a person's perspective. Why is it coming out now after 5 years. Shaq part of the me too movement? Just another day in the year of 2020.
                                I think the punch in the back was a shove.

I think the punch after the lazy hard foul on Zach brown was a closed hand slap.

I think both were interpreted by people who had never scrapped.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X