Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    Ill say this ive seen on Twitter, every player backing him up. Not 1 former player has said a bad thing about HCGM on twitter.
    Goodman’s article stated many wanted off the record due to fear of retribution. Especially after reading this thread, I can understand why.

Much of the support seems to be from older players (pre-2016 or so) and much of the angst seems to be from after that time period. Is it possible that things got worse over the past few years?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

Goodman’s article stated many wanted off the record due to fear of retribution. Especially after reading this thread, I can understand why.

Much of the support seems to be from older players (pre-2016 or so) and much of the angst seems to be from after that time period. Is it possible that things got worse over the past few years?
      You are giving more credit to ******* than he deserves. He didn’t do a good job of researching players who back GM. He did a hit piece imo. What retribution can past players receive from anyone. GM has no power over them and we don’t have any retribution over them either. They are afraid of us? Laughable.

Comment

• Lol Connor sit the fu*k down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He did a hit piece imo
          As he has done to countless times to others his entire career. ******* is trash.

Last edited by RajFaheen; October 10, 2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

The 8 or 9 would have been helpful to give a broader view of his time as coach, but useless in refuting any of the claims, since none of them were there. Still would have made for a more well-rounded piece though, no doubt.
            Don't deny that at all. None of the ones that have come forward would have been there for the Shaq incident or the Linstead incident. All I'm challenging is that there are some serious gaps in the way this report was written and why it screams hit piece rather than reporting facts. That's why this independent investigation is so important.

Just from a logistics standpoint:

He said he interviewed 26 players. We know who two of those are. Shaq and Ty Taylor. You can roughly assume that Erik is in there too but we will just skip that assumption

So he interviewed 24 other players with most of the issues revolving around two teams (2015-2016 and what appears to be 2019-2020) so those seem to be the ones he focused on. Out of those he only found 2 players to back Marshall. Of the 8-9 that have gone public backing Marshall only 2 played on those teams unless I'm missing someone. That would be Etienne and Wade. Those were public before the article came out. So either those were the only 2 across all those players or they were never interviewed for one reason or another, or they in private said they wouldnt' play for him after publicly backing him. My best guess is they were never interviewed because he knew they backed Marshall or they declined the interview.

So logic would tell you if you were starting the investigation you are probably reaching out to all the players on last years team to find out what's going on as that is what kick started it. So yet again, either he only reached out to the ones that left, or you had players decline or say they wouldn't play for Marshall again even after choosing to come back (Udeze, Dexter, Bilau, Poor Bear).

At this point your logic tells you either he cherry picked the 2020 roster or two of the 6 that came back were the 2 that backed Marshall. So that means if he tried to back up his 2015-2016 story with lots of interviews that EVERY SINGLE ONE of them said they wouldn't play for Marshall again. I find that really hard to believe. Kelly? Brown? McDuffie? Grady? Wessel?

IMO there were either lots of declines or VERY cherry picked interviews that were seeking to back up a pre-conceived viewpoint rather than actually trying to "investigate" a topic. Maybe it was just declines, we will never know since it was just anonymous. If it was all the positives declined, then you have to wonder who the other ones interviewed are? So you have a bunch of people that say they wouldn't play for Marshall, yet couldn't name a specific incident as to why?

This ... to me ... is why it's VERY important for an independent party to weigh in on this. No matter what ******* says, he's not independent and was 100% thinking he was breaking the next Penn State/Sandusky story. That's why he's freaking out right now that it's not getting the play time he was hoping. He was ready to be on the interview train right now. So far it's gotten him talking to Lutz ... and that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post

But he wants you to know, everyday, 365, that he is a great human.
              No one pisses me off more than someone like this.

I’d rather have an honest a$$hole than a disingenuous “nice guy”.
              The Assman

Comment

• Full follow up piece coming from CJ Moore and the Athletic? It is funny that ******* is carrying this torch mostly by himself, AND he got scooped on his own story. He's a failure with his own story, which he couldn't even break himself because his "evidence" is total , and he was probably desperately trying to find solid sources to back his claim, but could not.

Now that the Athletic forced his hand, *******'s scrambling all over the place trying to garner whatever clicks he can get for his final hurrah. See ya.

Comment

• Looks like add CJ Keyser as one of the ones on the anti-Marshall Train.

retweeted this too

From the "likes" looks like you can add McDuffie, Nurger, Hamilton and a former student assistant in Jacob Seidel

Hamilton, Keyser and Taylor aren't surprising at all. McDuffie is a bit to me.

Comment

• I'm not putting any stock in the racism claim. It's BS if the only example is Jaime and coffee beans. If that's racist than anyone making fun of Ron living in Scott City and farming are racists. GTFO if you make that jump. This is going to come down to the punch and the choke. The parking spot thing is just GM being a douche.

2 circumstances he gets a pass from me on both:

Punch: Shaq's cheap shot was blatant and dirty, and the 'punch' was a cross between an open-hand type shove to help him exit practice, but with a closed fist looking like a punch.

Choke: Lindstead was outta line and disparaged a GM family member or somerhing along those lines. And GM snapped.

Also. If the University had taken steps to reprimand GM at the time of both incidents, then we move forward with GM.

So, the investigation will be interesting
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• ******* is a tool. Seems like he interviewed 36, 6 or 7 said they saw it but only Shaq and Tyler went on record

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          So I responded pointing out that Etienne and Wade backed Marshall and they were there for at least some of the items in the article.

I get this response

THEN HE FREAKING BLOCKS ME .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Looks like add CJ Keyser as one of the ones on the anti-Marshall Train.

retweeted this too

From the "likes" looks like you can add McDuffie, Nurger, Hamilton and a former student assistant in Jacob Seidel

Hamilton, Keyser and Taylor aren't surprising at all. McDuffie is a bit to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Funny, he quotes the response .. but not the original that called him out .. wonder why that could be.

Comment

• Dude is unhinged ...

Comment

Working...
                                X