No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you imagine running home and telling your girlfriend how your coach mocked you in front of the team. Times have changed I guess but my girlfriend would have never heard about that.
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Patty out here calling out players for supporting coach Marshall
      Who is this fat piece of **** Andre?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Anonymous sources mean nothing. Jody adams did not have anonymous sources. That was a problem. Too many people were willing to come on here and put their name to it. I guarantee you those players went to the deposition.

We are not getting the whole story on anything, and we are getting hyperbole on what we are getting.

Another thing- bringing this out now is for one purpose: to ruin the WSU basketball program. This is meant to CANCEL everything Marshall has ever done, tear it down, and I swear if WSU does that I will burn everything I have with a WuShock on it.

and to everyone ragging on the 50k- it’s as valid as the story Shaq refuses to tell under oath. They are both hearsay.
        You said a lot that is correct here. The article was a "hit piece" done by a writer with a grudge who had willing participants in the Stevenson's who are haters of everything WSU, and GM and only knew what they were told. The Stevenson's saw nothing of these incidents because they happened before they came to Wichita. At least some of the article is true but it is impossible to tell how much and the article wasn't from interviewing GM. That's why you have an investigation and depositions.

The "real story" has two sides to it. There are also some witnesses who saw it or heard from others about it. As said before, the truth isn't black and white. All witnesses know it only from their POV (either seen or statements that are heard from others who either saw it or heard about it). Some of the witnesses are better than others because some have malice towards the individuals and others may not.

The depositions will be the method to show the truth. Everyone on here who has said that they suspect it true because of behavior of GM on the sidelines, etc. is out the window and won't mean a thing.

Comment

• I am trying to think this through.
          Coach Marshall has 15 kids on his team each year, including some holdovers.
          So, over 15 years, probably over 100 kids.

So now, he has a problem with about 10 of them.

Everyone recalls Shaq, when he came, was an out of shape kid who needed to be pushed.
          He became a very good player under Marshall.
          Marshall admitted there were times when he did not like Shaq and Shaq did not like him.
          But he did not leave the program and Marshall did not give up on him either.
          Now, Shaq is a professional basketball player.
          I sense that is what most of these kids at a high level seek when they come to WSU.
          Of course not all make it, but he has turned out a lot of pros.

I cannot agree with hitting or choking players or coaches.
          I cannot agree with blatant anger issues.

But these charges were six years ago, and then he had trouble with kids last year too.

So, he said, last year, that he was adjusting his thinking too.
          Things change in society, some things that were acceptable a generation ago are not now acceptable.

But Coach Marshall not only is a great coach, but seems to be a good man.
          He is tight with his players for years after they leave the program.
          He is there for them if they need it.

This is not the mark of a bad man.

I think, if these things are borne out, he should be sanctioned and left as coach under the knowledge that he must change.
          Give it a year or two to see if he does change.

I would bet the vast majority of the players would support him 100%.
          They would also tell you he is tough as hell on them, but made them better men and was and is always there for them.

Let's not get hasty to throw out a good and successful coach.
          Let's see this through and hear both sides.
          Then let's see if he has progressed and can and will progress to a gentler style.

I would bet if he started losing by being nicer, notbody would stand for that.
          We seem to want things both ways.

Comment

• We would all be howling with righteous indignation at Phog.net defending the Rug this blindly if the toupee was on the other scalp. Some of you are pure tribalists.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

Innocent till proven guilty
              In a Court of Law yes. Or at least that is the way it supposed to work.

In the Court of Public Opinion and Perception where this matter is being adjudicated not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                We would all be howling with righteous indignation at Phog.net defending the Rug this blindly if the toupee was on the other scalp. Some of you are pure tribalists.
                Speak for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Speak for yourself.
                  You would be defending Self, not attacking him, in an identical situation?

Doubt it.

Comment

• I've seen a lot of comments referring to Jeff ******* and 3G's history. Can someone enlighten me or point me to an article/video that explains what happened there?

Comment

• Coach has said more than once that he won't coach where he isn't wanted. If he stumbles accross this forum, he may just quit. Many on here seem to forget that we have a top 10 coach, one that has put the SHOX in graphics along side of blueblood programs. A NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR! HERE IN LITTLE OL' WICHITA! 3G has done more for WSU and the city than perhaps all of the previous coaches in the last 40 years. How about putting the shockers in the national spotlight? Remember this?
                      GU71NQSIN.jpg

Or how about this?
                      shock-the-world-wichita-state-takes-aim-at-the-unlikeliest-april-08-2013-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

Maybe take a strole through this old thread.

A little historical perspective of 100+ years of Shocker Basketball: Decade Wins Losses Total Games % Win 1911–20 37 69 106 35% 1921–30 137 58 195 70% 1931–40 102 85 187 55% 1941–50 90 115 205 44% 1951–60

Deep breath folks...... in....out...

All of us on here posting loves out team and university. All want what's best for both. But I am firmly not in the camp that getting rid of Marshall is best for either. What has got us back on top is the same fiery temper and attitude that some are quick to demonize. There is not one person on this forum that can say Gregg loves and cares about ALL his player. Trying to make them men, prepared for life, the future. Pretty sure he has succeeded in 99% of them. In fact, each time his temper has been an issue is when he is trying to protect his players! Ok, the parking lot thing is a bit different but who of us hasn't been pissed seeing some cocky punk parked in a handicap spot with an entitlement air about them. Granted, different but I can sorta understand.

Even with all of this crap being throw at coach, there will be a list a mile long of other universities that will welcome him with open arms. 5 years from now, they will be nationally relevant. Will we?

Hundreds of kids have entered the Marshall program and come out men. Most praising his leadership. I'm not at all comfortable firing him for a couple of kids who got their feeling hurt. History doesn't support such harsh action.

Fine, if it makes the snowflakes feel better, we can ask coach to tone it down a bit. Maybe switch to decaf. Seek counseling. Offer a safe space to any future players who might get their feelings hurt. Otherwise, keep doing what he's doing because IT WORKS!

BTW, I hear Dan Muller is interested in the job if it opens up. He seems nice.

Comment

• Seems we are at the point of, “he did it, let’s get rid of him” and “he did it, who cares “

Comment

• Mike Cohen was super nice

Comment

• If not wanting to get punched in the head or choked makes you a snowflake, we are going to have a really hard time finding the players and assistants you want here. Some of you are just sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Seems we are at the point of, “he did it, let’s get rid of him” and “he did it, who cares “
                              I care. I just want to find out what happened. I don't trust the story and want facts. Some on here have already convicted him. That's not right.

Comment

• My mindset on this so far is yet to be changed. The hammer shatters glass, but it forges steel. We’ve all no doubt had extremely tough coaches. I agree that throwing punches is over the line, but as of now it is still an allegation. It’s also important to realize that these are not “kids” but they are young adults. It also seems that since the alleged incidents Coach has tried taking a more mellow approach. I still lean towards mandating anger management for Coach and closer monitoring of team activities moving forward.
                                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Working...
                                X