Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I may have dogged on Shaq, but I at least give him credit for having the chutzpah to put his name behind his comments.

It's easy to throw stones into glass houses when you're hiding in the bushes.
    Yes. He is putting his name out there about his complaint against Coach M. But I don't hear Shaq saying anything or taking responsibility about his dirty flagrant foul against Zach Brown in practice. If you believe the reports, they say Coach M was immediately upset because he believed Shaq fouled Brown on purpose. Maybe Shaq was not himself and was upset that he had learned that his mother had cancer. They say that when people are very upset, that they sometime do things they normally would not do. But it is easy to sit in our chairs with our laptops and all the time in the world to think about how Coach M should have handled this issue, but real life doesn't work that way.

What should a coach do when he thinks one of his own players deliberately tried to hurt a team mate? I don't know the answer to this question because I was not there and I did not see it. Maybe its true that two wrongs don't make a right. But for now, I will await for the investigators to complete their investigation and maybe we will get both sides of this story.

Comment

• 1 month before the season starts? Why not in the summer? Or how about maybe 3 years ago?

How long has this investigation been going on? I haven't been following this thread very closely, because, life...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yes. He is putting his name out there about his complaint against Coach M. But I don't hear Shaq saying anything or taking responsibility about his dirty flagrant foul against Zach Brown in practice. If you believe the reports, they say Coach M was immediately upset because he believed Shaq fouled Brown on purpose. Maybe Shaq was not himself and was upset that he had learned that his mother had cancer. They say that when people are very upset, that they sometime do things they normally would not do. But it is easy to sit in our chairs with our laptops and all the time in the world to think about how Coach M should have handled this issue, but real life doesn't work that way.

What should a coach do when he thinks one of his own players deliberately tried to hurt a team mate? I don't know the answer to this question because I was not there and I did not see it. Maybe its true that two wrongs don't make a right. But for now, I will await for the investigators to complete their investigation and maybe we will get both sides of this story.

No doubt. What did Zach have to say about all of this (I didn't read the article)?

Comment

• My biggest regret is that President Bardo will be linked to this debacle and I do not know how Bardo's reputation will not be soiled by Marshall's ugly behavior.

Comment

• Thamel's article on Yahoo makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
              Yes. He is putting his name out there about his complaint against Coach M. But I don't hear Shaq saying anything or taking responsibility about his dirty flagrant foul against Zach Brown in practice. If you believe the reports, they say Coach M was immediately upset because he believed Shaq fouled Brown on purpose. Maybe Shaq was not himself and was upset that he had learned that his mother had cancer.
              “I need video evidence of an assault because six eyewitness testimonies isn’t enough, but Shaq definitely committed a flagrant foul on Zach Brown.”
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Other than his feelings was Shaq hurt ? Linstead hurt? ANY player ever physically hurt? Any
                written record of anyone ever being hurt and complaint filed? I am not condoning the verbal abuse
                by 3G or even physical abuse but if it doesn't rise to the level of someone quitting or
                going to the doctor for an injury inflicted or at the very least filing a written complaint with some
                entity somewhere I think getting rid of a coach would set a terrible precedent nation wide. Imagine
                if the dirty laundry of coaches around the country were made public This he said she said
                crap doesn't mean crap to me. Take some official depositions and provide some proof of any
                physical / mental damages. Is there any? I think this whole thing was intentional to harm the
                program and it appears that is exactly the end result. Makes me think about leftist political
                tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  It really boils down to this: Are the players lying or did it actually happen? What do you believe?
                  It doesn't have to be so black and white. The kids may be telling the truth that they "saw something", but at the same time, Marshall could have completely "pulled the punch" -- making it not a punch -- just to get Shaq's attention. Look like a punch? Yeah. Did the kid really get punched in his spine and crumble to the ground or even get a bruise? Not in that scenario.

I knifehand chop my kid all the time -- complete with Miyagi "haich" -- when we are "wrasslin'". I have never, ever even accidentally hurt him in any way. He walks away laughing and asking for more. If someone was looking in our window it would look like a father beating the complete crap out of a kid.

The truth is not black and white or even as described in the article most likely.

HC3GM's problem isn't that Shaq got punched that day -- because he didn't or he would have dropped to the floor. The problem is Shaq got humiliated in front of his peers that day, and the humiliation had the appearance of being from a "punch".
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• And while we are talking about Myagi, regardless what our thoughts are on this issue, can we all agree that HC3GM is Cobra Kai all the way?
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• The punch bothers me, The fact that it was a sucker punch from behind bothers me.

Comment

It wasn’t just Koch money. He may have called the meeting, but other parties brought something to the table.

And, like I have said before, Koch could make T. Boone look like Oliver Twist if he really wanted to spend on athletics.

Funny how none of these reporters say anything negative about Phil Knight and Nike boosting up Oregon athletics.
                        **** Phil Knight and his slave money.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          The punch bothers me, The fact that it was a sucker punch from behind bothers me.
                          chilling

Comment

• People's willingness to suspend critical thinking because they are supporters of the program is so weird to me.

We have the Canada incident, the Mitgard meltdown, longtime board members with eyewitness accounts of physical and verbal abuse. Anybody who has been to Koch knows Lynn is a wildcard. Anybody who's been to an NCAA or conference tournament knows the availability of alcohol is gas on a fire. Yet some of us find our way to a victim mentality where the media is out to get us.

HCGM has done a tremendous amount for this program and university. But the bill is coming due.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

It wasn’t just Koch money. He may have called the meeting, but other parties brought something to the table.

And, like I have said before, Koch could make T. Boone look like Oliver Twist if he really wanted to spend on athletics.

Funny how none of these reporters say anything negative about Phil Knight and Nike boosting up Oregon athletics.
                              Or Memphis and FedEx, or Houston and Fertitta ... Every major school with sports has someone "propping them up"

Comment

• Patty out here calling out players for supporting coach Marshall

Comment

Working...
                                X