Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    It’s sad that that show is still the drivetime sports show in the Wichita market.
    It's a sports show???

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      It’s sad that that show is still the drivetime sports show in the Wichita market.
      Is it still a sports show? It didn't sound like it the last time I accidentally listened to them. What a shame.

I'll bet they talked more Shocker hoops than they have in years.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 9, 2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Former local reporter

edit** faulty link. tweet from an old local reporter saying she had heard horror stories from players for years, but they never went on record out of fear of retaliation.
        Last edited by shockersx; October 9, 2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• If all of the most damning things that we have read and heard are true then it is time for Gregg Marshall to go.

His defenders can pull the whole “motivating” players line with stuff like the “fat-shaming” allegations or even making fun of a player for almost passing out during sprints. You can even maybe argue that he called Raunos fiancé a c**t to light a fire under him to play angry. But which WSU basketball player was he trying to motivate when he allegedly tried to punch a student over his parking spot? Who was he trying to teach when he allegedly choked an assistant coach? Was he just trying to fire up Shaq by punching him in the back of the neck? I’m sorry but you can’t take every instance of him clearly just being mad and not being able to control himself and spin it as some strategy to really teach and motivate his guys.

Put the program first and get this guy out of here. Our loyalty should be to the team and the brand, not the coach. Not to mention the fact that getting him out morally is just the right thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
            Good interview and very hard to debate that he didn’t complete his due diligence.
            I agree. I found it interesting at the end he talked about how him and Marshall relationship had went sidewise but May Norlander had helped mend it and they had been on relative good terms (meaning they talked).

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post
              HCGM fully cooperated with the investigation

Goodmans’s named source did not
              Didn’t have to, he went public with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                Former local reporter

edit** faulty link. tweet from an old local reporter saying she had heard horror stories from players for years, but they never went on record out of fear of retaliation.
                Link doesn't work. Who was this local reporter?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Link doesn't work. Who was this local reporter?
                  Sorry about that, not sure what happened. Arielle Orsuto, can't remember what station she was with though.

Comment

Sorry about that, not sure what happened. Arielle Orsuto, can't remember what station she was with though.
                    Used to be with KWCH. I think she is in Denver now.

Comment

• oh, yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• So how do you address a guy like Paul Suellentrop? Covered the Shockers for years and then covering them from inside the athletic dept. What does he know or what has he been hiding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            So how do you address a guy like Paul Suellentrop? Covered the Shockers for years and then covering them from inside the athletic dept. What does he know or what has he been hiding?
                            Lutz has been around forever too.

Surely he'd have seen and heard stuff too.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Kennedy

Comment

Raj, my man... You can try to spin this any way you want, the result is still going to be awful. There’s probably no outcome where GM or WSU come out of this unscathed. Besides that, the damage is pretty much already done. If we hang onto GM, it will look like we swept it all under the rug. Fans and recruits will recognize him as the abusive coach who punched his player and choked his assistant, among other things. If we fire GM, then we pretty much admit negligence.

Based off Rauno’s girlfriend’s comments, sure seems like the administration was well aware of a lot of this behavior. Probably just endured it cause we were winning a lot of games and having huge success. Can you blame those guys for not wanting to talk to the law firm WSU hired? If administration had known about all this sh*t and did nothing, why would those ex-players talk to the law firm and trust WSU just wasn’t trying to protect its own ass?

Idk dudes, not trying to be doom and gloom like I said before. Lot of info to take in here and I know there’s a process that needs to be completed before conclusions are made. Just seems like too much for there not to be a severe consequence in some form.
                                At least Rauno Nurger’s fiancé puts her name on the record to what she knows. Why would past players not want to talk to investigators? They obviously are many years beyond their college careers.

Comment

Working...
                                X