No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still trying to sort things out and won't say more until the dust settles. The one thing I will
    say is that a few of you are very quick to point at and condemn a few people without
    knowledge or facts. Some are quick to demand heads should roll. Be patient and hear both
    sides, please.

Comment

• I would recommend listening to this morning's Eye on College Basketball podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander. It's devoted to the situation. I don't have a link as I caught it on Spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I would recommend listening to this morning's Eye on College Basketball podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander. It's devoted to the situation. I don't have a link as I caught it on Spotify.
        TL;DR synopsis? Please and Thank You.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Shock - you sound like a loon about these 50k payments absent any source or evidence
          in my first post about it I said it was hearsay. There is no proof beyond someone claiming to have knowledge of the situation. Ironically, that’s as much proof as ******* has put out.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I would recommend listening to this morning's Eye on College Basketball podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander. It's devoted to the situation. I don't have a link as I caught it on Spotify.
            Please provide a full transcript from memory
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Yeah I listened to the podcast. The point I'm trying to make is that it can't just be ******* having a personal vendetta when a guy whose backed WSU for years also investigates and reports it.
              A particular person went to multiple entertainment sources trying to peddle the story. 4 that I know of. When one source wouldn’t immediately go all “cancel culture”, they moved to the next. When multiple sources got close and started calling the one player mentioned by the source, well, then it became about how much you want my story. The quality entertainment sources passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Still crickets from our local paper
                What local paper? KC Star?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

That is just not true. The plaintiff has the burden of proof in a libel suit. See e.g., New York Times v. Sullivan.
                  Limbaugh v Franken

media is different. In a court of law, a reporters notes are considered a recording.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• im leaning towards him staying. I think if they were seriously thinking about canning him, they wouldnt be letting him continue with his coaching duties, they would put him on some time of administrative leave
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      If this is all true....I really don't see a problem at all. You see...the article states these allegations as 4 years ago right around the time of the last election. Any bad PR that might come from this can quickly be negated simply by Coach Marshall starting to wear Joe Biden shirts around town and in national interviews. The man (coach) was distressed at the time...and all he really needs to say now is that all of this...ALL OF THIS...was Trump's fault. Boom. End of story.
                      Gregg Marshall is mostly peaceful. Is that what you are trying to say?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        Still crickets from our local paper
                        Taylor has been chiming in on Twitter with tweets from other players. Not much more he can do other than regurgitate what THE ATHLETIC and STADIUM reported. I’m sure no one at WSU is talking.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                          Players today must be real softies. My football and basketball coaches in high school shoved us around all the time and now everything is verbal abuse.
                          My high school football team, Coach " Wild" Bill Oswald hauled off one day and knocked me off the side of the head. Granted, I had a helmet on but I'll always remember that. I deserved it and it got my attention. Exactly what he was going for. Never occurred to me to cry about being mistreated. In fact, I talk about it that to this day is a huge learning moment.

Comment

• “Wichita State University acknowledges the allegations within its Men’s Basketball program brought forth by media. The university is in the process of an independent investigation conducted by Tueth Keeney, a St. Louis-based law firm. In the interim, activities of the team will continue as scheduled, and, as it does regularly, the university has reminded all staff, coaches and student-athletes of relevant policies and channels for reporting concerns.”

Read more: http://wsu.news/statement

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

TL;DR synopsis? Please and Thank You.
                              - They go over the articles.
                              - Articles like this go through the legal dept before getting published (to stave off libel concerns)
                              - They don't exhonerate Marshall.
                              - They do talk about the difference in older (50+) coaches and younger coaches.
                              - One recounts a practice he witnessed in another program (which led to the discussion I referenced above).

Comment

• I would be shocked if the Lindsted story was exactly as presented.

Comment

Working...
                                X