Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

The PR is way too bad for option 1 to
    happen. Way too much to shove this under the rug and move on IMO.
    How do you figure? KU had the FBI up their a$$es And haven’t heard a peep since?

Comment

• These allegations are perfect for getting whatever you want to have happen done. You can forgive them and move on, or you can use them and get rid of him. It just depends on what the University and those in power want to do. If GM's presence is eroding the program to a point that it could not be repaired, then a case could be made to move on. If you think that GM, with all of his faults is still a net positive for the program and the university, these can be dealt with.

These allegations aren't ideal, but you will have people react, just as we see. Some say 'meh' it's bad, but it is what it is in college basketball, egos, testosterone, competition. Some will cast him as the devil incarnate and think that these programs are holy grounds and everyone should be treated with kid gloves.

Whatever the final decision is, it will be based on factors outside of these actions. If this stuff never came up, I don't think GM was going anytime soon. So take that for what I think is going to be the outcome. I don't think anyone was clamoring for his departure, but at the same time, I leave open the possibility that GM has been a thorn in the ass of higher ups for a while and they wouldn't lose sleep if he were gone.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Reports are that ex-players were paid up to 50k if they had information of physical abuse. No word yet on who was paying them.

edit: yes, this is hearsay too
        I heard it was $1.25 million each. No wait. $25 each. No, $5,764? Hmm, maybe it was a box of Chiclets?

This is silly, those players aren't getting paid to have an interview.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I'd say President Muma just inherited a career defining moment.

Comment

• The 50K probably explains why ******* took so long with the story. Did anyone else find it odd that he publicly stated he’s been working on this for 6 months?
            Maybe his earlier offers were not rich enough for Shaq’s blood? Maybe he finally got tired of trying to get more to write about than coffee beans? Maybe it took him awhile to line up the cash from the people in the industry that will have an easier road with no Gregg Marshall?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I heard it was $1.25 million each. No wait. $25 each. No, $5,764? Hmm, maybe it was a box of Chiclets?

This is silly, those players aren't getting paid to have an interview.
              Would not be the first time, nor would it surprise me in this instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post

How do you figure? KU had the FBI up their a$$es And haven’t heard a peep since?
                Because we aren’t KU and alleged assault is different than white collar crime

Comment

• That story was no 6 month expose. It was relatively short and superficial. The only reason it had to take that long was sweetening the pot for Shaq.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Would not be the first time, nor would it surprise me in this instance.
                    I'll need proof to believe this. How would ******* recoup $50K per player that comes forward? Advertisement $? I don't think so.

Edit: If an ex-player took money, aren't they perfectly set up for a slander or libel lawsuit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Because we aren’t KU and alleged assault is different than white collar crime
                      Yea .. public opinion supports paying players for the most part

Not so much with physical assault and racial insults. I hate KU as much as everyone else outside Lawrence, but these two aren't comparable.

Comment

• if someone signs up to play D-1 basketball ball and shows up to campus as a fatso, they absolutely should be “fat shamed”. Good Grief!

another player in this article who I will not name has NBA talent and an NBA skill set but gave 50% effort and seems to be looking for someone to blame for his own shortcomings

Comment

• Ouch Joe Ragland just called out shaq pretty much. Said he couldnt cut it
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Obvious troll is obvious.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
                              The 50K probably explains why ******* took so long with the story. Did anyone else find it odd that he publicly stated he’s been working on this for 6 months?
                              Maybe his earlier offers were not rich enough for Shaq’s blood? Maybe he finally got tired of trying to get more to write about than coffee beans? Maybe it took him awhile to line up the cash from the people in the industry that will have an easier road with no Gregg Marshall?
                              ******* released a podcast this morning - said he took 6 months because he wanted to talk to as many people as possible, dating all the way back to Marshall's Winthrop days. Apparently wanted to make the report "as air tight as possible". Also wanted to give Shaq the chance to go on the record, and then had to meet up in Maine to do the interview.

He also said that out of Ron, Fred, and Landry, he was able to talk to one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                Ouch Joe Ragland just called out shaq pretty much. Said he couldnt cut it

Comment

Working...
                                X