Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

lmao not surprising he got into a forex pyramid scheme. He's not the brightest bulb
    He is the exact player, current or former, I would've bet on getting involved with Forex.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      The damage is pretty much done at this point regardless of the ultimate outcome. The fact, that these alleged incidents occurred 5 years ago and apparently nothing constructive was done by the WSU administration to address them at the time is not, assuming these allegations do have merit, a good look for the University.

If 3G is retained I see a very difficult challenge on the recruiting trail going forward. In fact, retaining and attracting quality assistants might be difficult as well in such a recruiting environment.

I think that this situation, on top of already very costly ticket/SASO packages, the access to games on television or internet streams, an aging fan base and perhaps a new aversion to congregating with 10,000 other people in an a confined space, will have a definite negative impact on fan support at least financially.

It the allegations are determined to have merit I would expect 3G and WSU will reach a settlement where he is allowed to resign and perhaps receive a relatively modest severance payment that would be far short of his buyout. Although WSU's current financial situation might dictate that they be more aggressive and simply terminate 3G for cause. The problem with the latter is can you argue cause when you apparently did little to nothing about the alleged behaviour for 5 years. WSU would probably have to take the position they were not aware of these incidents. That might be a hard sell.
      Agreed.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I can understand why he/they would be suspicious of talking to a law firm hired by WSU. It's the same principle behind "never talk to the cops".

That said, it does seem suspicious that they wouldn't just give their side of the story if they really wanted to protect the current and future players.
        Who should have hired the law firm?

Comment

• Who is left that could possibly fire the AD? I mean that honestly. The interim president?

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
            I don't know how this doesn't end badly. I suppose the only way possible way he survives this is if the physical incidents are limited to 4-5 years ago, and he agrees to some kind of plan of action including anger management and increased oversight. Would he agree to those terms? I'm guessing not. Even if he does, how do you recruit? Would you send your kid to play for a coach that has physically assaulted coaches and players? I don't know. Maybe the issues from 4-5 years ago have been addressed in house and resolved. Maybe the athletic department turned a blind eye to it.

I'd be interested to know what Fred and Ron think. Not only were they the two most iconic players of the Marshall era, they were still there when most of this stuff went down. If they aren't publicly on record defending Marshall, that's huge in my mind, and not in a good way. If this is all made up and/or exaggerated BS, you'd think they would be out front and center saying so.

I seem to remember an incident at IBA a couple years ago. The bench was celebrating a big play and Asbjorn bumped into Marshall's shoulder, that he had recently had surgery on. Marshall went after him. I remember being at that game and it being a terrible look. I remember that being discussed on here as well.

If Marshall is gone, I think Jans is the guy. He came back here after the Bowling Green incident and coached. There was no big fallout. He has gone to NMSU and obviously been able to recruit very well at that level. I don't see any way you get him, or anyone else to leave their school at this point. I don't even know if there is a precedent for that. So, if Marshall is gone, you probably spend this year with an assistant as in interim.

I also think Marshall needed Jans more that most of us realized. My guess is that he was the calming influence when things started spinning out of control. If I'm not mistaken, most of these incidents occurred when Jans was not here. There's probably a link there.

I am hoping a bunch of former players come out and say this is all made up. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. I guess we'll see.
            Cle and Trey are on record now. Pleading the fifth keeps the burden on Shaq to produce anything and is the best thing players can do right now. Nothing can be twisted if nothing is spoken publicly.

You bring up an interesting scenario- a situation like this could tank the university given the state of affairs. Let’s see who we have as players in this current mess-
            Patty Beamer- a lady armed with a safe space, a “Stan”. Will stop at nothing to ruin the people who banned her from campus.
            Shaq- too lazy to make a basketball career for himself, said a bunch of things for $50k and now is refusing a deposition.
            Ty Taylor- On record backing up Shaq, received an undisclosed amount of money for corroborating the story.
            Erik- promised retribution on his way out.
            Dana ONeil- a writer struggling to stay relevant.
            CJ Moore- writer who previously could ask Marshall pretty much anything.
            Jeff *******- hates Marshall.
            Mark Adams- has observed the team for a LONG time. Has never seen anything that would suggest something like these articles suggest.
            Cle- former basket case player that was the subject of a few tirades, doesn’t see how any of this is remotely true.
            Garrett Stutz- one of the highest character players to ever come thru, put out an article after all the transfers to shoo some of the misfits away. Noted the harshness but also the ability to separate ball and personal issues.
            Trey Wade- recruited his hot shot brother to play for Marshall. Also liked a tweet that said “don’t believe everything you read.”

there’s lots to unpack here folks.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I wonder if he's capable of apologizing and actually going to counseling
              Fair question.

For his sake, I hope so (ASSUMING the allegations are true, of course).
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Who should have hired the law firm?
                There really isn't another option. I'm just saying I can understand the player's perspective in that situation. Of course, by not speaking to the law firm, they are only left to the court of public opinion, which is probably going to cause the most damage to all parties.

Comment

• Very interesting tweet from Ramon Clemente "what should I do in this situation right now" at 1215am this morning.

Casey Walkup responded "go to bed like me".

Ramon deleted his response which was "call me please!"

He was here for the first year of Marshall right? I always thought he spoke highly of his year with Marshall and WSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
                    Does anyone ever call out Patty Beamer in the FB group or in-person? What usually comes of it?

Her influence and following is just ridiculous. It would be comical if it wasn't destructive. I've never seen a nobody so involved and immersed in everything. She's very vocal about her politics too. God, I hate her.
                    They crap on her all the time in the ”SHOCKERS UNFILTERED” group. It's quite humorous.

However, it always gets back to her and her group and, as is normal with the kids she associates with, she whines, cries, and plays the victim. She threatens to shut down her group, but she never does, because she likes the attention.

She’s a loon. I’d feel bad for her, if her behavior wasn’t destructive to the program. She needs to be outright banned.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

They crap on her all the time in the ”SHOCKERS UNFILTERED” group. It's quite humorous.

However, it always gets back to her and her group and, as is normal with the kids she associates with, she whines, cries, and plays the victim. She threatens to shut down her group, but she never does, because she likes the attention.

She’s a loon. I’d feel bad for her, if her behavior wasn’t destructive to the program. She needs to be outright banned.
                      so what is the whole backstory with her? Is she a former employee or just someone who got close to the program and was told to stay away now?

Comment

• Ramon Clemente is starting to post some tweets about it .. lets see how this goes.

Last edited by Stickboy46; October 9, 2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Cle and Trey are on record now. Pleading the fifth keeps the burden on Shaq to produce anything and is the best thing players can do right now. Nothing can be twisted if nothing is spoken publicly.

You bring up an interesting scenario- a situation like this could tank the university given the state of affairs. Let’s see who we have as players in this current mess-
                          Patty Beamer- a lady armed with a safe space, a “Stan”. Will stop at nothing to ruin the people who banned her from campus.
                          Shaq- too lazy to make a basketball career for himself, said a bunch of things for $50k and now is refusing a deposition.
                          Ty Taylor- On record backing up Shaq, received an undisclosed amount of money for corroborating the story.
                          Erik- promised retribution on his way out.
                          Dana ONeil- a writer struggling to stay relevant.
                          CJ Moore- writer who previously could ask Marshall pretty much anything.
                          Jeff *******- hates Marshall.
                          Mark Adams- has observed the team for a LONG time. Has never seen anything that would suggest something like these articles suggest.
                          Cle- former basket case player that was the subject of a few tirades, doesn’t see how any of this is remotely true.
                          Garrett Stutz- one of the highest character players to ever come thru, put out an article after all the transfers to shoo some of the misfits away. Noted the harshness but also the ability to separate ball and personal issues.
                          Trey Wade- recruited his hot shot brother to play for Marshall. Also liked a tweet that said “don’t believe everything you read.”

there’s lots to unpack here folks.
                          Very good points, and you are right, most of the people above have an agenda. There are lots of other good questions and points -

Nobody who saw the court with any regularity transferred out until Reaves.
                          Interesting that Ty Taylor is the only other one going public. It was apparent early on in my opinion that he couldn't be a productive PG at this level.
                          Why would Trey bring his brother in if things were so bad here?
                          Why would Shaq stay two more years if treated so horribly?
                          Why would Linstead stay another season after being choked?

Again, I would like to hear from some former players from the 2014-16 time frame to refute what is being said. I get what you're saying about pleading the fifth, and from a criminal defense standpoint that's probably a good strategy. I'm looking at it from a perspective of wanting to know the truth of what happened.

If he was hitting players and coaches, there's no way to spin that as acceptable behavior. That's probably the end. If this is an orchestrated hit piece by former players, journalists and others with an axe to grind, and this stuff is made up and exaggerated, then others that were there need to step up and say so and go to bat for their former coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I don't think Frank Carney has much of a money stream anymore and hasn't for years. I believe Frank has suffered with Alzheimer's disease for quite a few years now as well. Now his brother, Dan maybe.
                            His wife, Janie, has very publicly represented Dan's fight with Altzheimer's for years, but also represents the Carney philanthropic endeavors. She wrote a scathing letter after the commencement fiasco essentially announcing there would be no more money from them as long as Golden remains. It is referenced in the following excerpt from the Eagle on june 10th-

"Multiple members of WSU’s presidential search committee, which recommended hiring Golden, are now calling for him to be removed from office after six months on the job.

Officials from Koch Industries, Pizza Hut founder Dan Carney and several longtime donors and supporters are “very upset and quite vocal in their decisions to disavow any further support,” said Steve Clark, a former regent and former chair of the Wichita State University Foundation, in a letter to the Kansas Board of Regents on Monday.

Clark, who chaired presidential search committees for Golden and his predecessor, John Bardo, said the decision to cancel Trump’s speech violates the First Amendment and has damaged the school’s reputation with high-profile donors that were drawn to Bardo’s leadership style.

“The Kochs never had any real confidence in the presidents we’ve had out there, and I’ve known all of them for 50 years. Then we finally got John Bardo in there,” Clark said in a phone interview. “He was a very decisive guy.”

Under Bardo, who was hired in 2012, the Koch influence at the university grew substantially as money poured in from the billionaire family from Wichita.

“We had Koch in the fold,” Clark said. “Now, we’re going to lose them, and they’ll never be back.”

According to university statements, Koch and its associated foundations have given or pledged more than $15 million for major projects at WSU in the past seven years,
                            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• I think some of need to consider that two things can be true at the same time. Gregg is a man who care a lot about the team and his players. He did a lot of good for a lot of people.
                              But at the same time, he has clearly displayed a lack of control and anger issues. Anybody who has been paying attention during his time at WSU can see that.

I never expected his tenure at WSU to end peacefully and this sure looks like it could be the end and given what is alleged, there would be no other option but to terminate. If it were one or two people making complaints you could write that off, but at a certain point that many people complaining would lead me to believe Gregg is the problem here. For those saying innocent until proven guilty, this isn't the court of law. Investigations have been done by those who are the judge and it currently isn't looking good, but they will make their judgements.

Comment

• Three outcomes I see:

1 - Nothing happens: This goes away. Life moves on.

2 - Marshall is Fired: He’s gone. They try to throw money at someone like Belien and keep the $$$ ship moving.

3 - Marshall Retires: He and WSU reach a settlement. He brings in Jans to be the HC. Marshall gets some BS job in the AD in a couple years.

Which of these is most or least likely, right now? I have no clue.
                                Last edited by Shock Top; October 9, 2020, 10:37 AM.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X