Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I wonder if he's capable of apologizing and actually going to counseling
    There is no way we can just rely on apologizing and counseling IMO. There will have to be independent monitoring of the program. THAT I don't know if he would agree to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Is there actually any connection there? Anything besides dumping a ton of money at his doorstep? I feel like we are approaching the same level that we have made fun of every other fan base that assumed Marshall was waiting to jump to their school.
      The big difference is Beilein isn’t coaching anywhere right now.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• We're not going to get Beilein. Jesus. The guy didn't like coaching college. He isn't in dire need of money.

If true, he deserves to go. I have a hard time believing its not true. I don't believe most of the allegations about current players, but everything else seems to be confirmed by multiple people. To make things more interesting, Shaq has went through his old tweets and favorited a bunch of tweets of his from what I imagine would have been around the time of the allegation. It will be interesting to see if more people come out in support of Marshall as this all unfolds.

I don't think we get Jans. If he is a Marshall guy he wouldn't support WSU firing Marshall. If Marshall is fired, I hope it happens quick. We're going to lose out on a year of recruiting if he sticks this season out.

Those who are calling people snowflakes or whatever else for saying coaches shouldn't punch players are certifiable idiots.

Comment

• I don't know how this doesn't end badly. I suppose the only way possible way he survives this is if the physical incidents are limited to 4-5 years ago, and he agrees to some kind of plan of action including anger management and increased oversight. Would he agree to those terms? I'm guessing not. Even if he does, how do you recruit? Would you send your kid to play for a coach that has physically assaulted coaches and players? I don't know. Maybe the issues from 4-5 years ago have been addressed in house and resolved. Maybe the athletic department turned a blind eye to it.

I'd be interested to know what Fred and Ron think. Not only were they the two most iconic players of the Marshall era, they were still there when most of this stuff went down. If they aren't publicly on record defending Marshall, that's huge in my mind, and not in a good way. If this is all made up and/or exaggerated BS, you'd think they would be out front and center saying so.

I seem to remember an incident at IBA a couple years ago. The bench was celebrating a big play and Asbjorn bumped into Marshall's shoulder, that he had recently had surgery on. Marshall went after him. I remember being at that game and it being a terrible look. I remember that being discussed on here as well.

If Marshall is gone, I think Jans is the guy. He came back here after the Bowling Green incident and coached. There was no big fallout. He has gone to NMSU and obviously been able to recruit very well at that level. I don't see any way you get him, or anyone else to leave their school at this point. I don't even know if there is a precedent for that. So, if Marshall is gone, you probably spend this year with an assistant as in interim.

I also think Marshall needed Jans more that most of us realized. My guess is that he was the calming influence when things started spinning out of control. If I'm not mistaken, most of these incidents occurred when Jans was not here. There's probably a link there.

I am hoping a bunch of former players come out and say this is all made up. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. I guess we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
            the Frank Carney money stream
            I don't think Frank Carney has much of a money stream anymore and hasn't for years. I believe Frank has suffered with Alzheimer's disease for quite a few years now as well. Now his brother, Dan maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If you want to go that route, six eyewitness accounts of one incident (punching Shaq), two eyewitness accounts of another (choking Lindsted), and an eyewitness of the parking lot incident would be plenty to prove and convict someone.
              Except Lindsted refused to corroborate the story, Shaq was paid 50k for his portion and yet refused a deposition that he could have easily hired a lawyer for to force the university to accept any fact, and we know Erik is capable of anything. You can’t say hear my truth and then refuse to bring the evidence.

Furthermore:

If Marshall has anger issues and “we could all see this coming for years”, why is it unbelievable for Cle?

If this is such a bad environment, why was Teddy Allen brought in?

If Marshall physically abuses people, why did Trey recruit Trevin? Why bring family into this?

Clearly none of this adds up and yet some of you are ready to ride Marshall out on a rail.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Except Lindsted refused to corroborate the story, Shaq was paid 50k for his portion and yet refused a deposition that he could have easily hired a lawyer for to force the university to accept any fact, and we know Erik is capable of anything. You can’t say hear my truth and then refuse to bring the evidence.

Furthermore:

If Marshall has anger issues and “we could all see this coming for years”, why is it unbelievable for Cle?

If Marshall physically abuses people, why did Trey recruit Trevin? Why bring family into this?

Clearly none of this adds up and yet some of you are ready to ride Marshall out on a rail.
                Linstead refused comment. There's a difference. If it didn't happen, he could have easily said it didn't happen. I'm not ready to run him out of town, but if he truly physically attacked multiple players and coaches, that is not an unreasonable outcome. It at a minimum requires a serious plan of action for him to stay. Not only because you shouldn't be hitting players, that's a given. It's also the optics of it. If the stuff is true and the school does absolutely nothing, how does that look? How do you recruit. If you can't recruit anyone, then where are you at?

Comment

• Does anyone ever call out Patty Beamer in the FB group or in-person? What usually comes of it?

Her influence and following is just ridiculous. It would be comical if it wasn't destructive. I've never seen a nobody so involved and immersed in everything. She's very vocal about her politics too. God, I hate her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Is there actually any connection there? Anything besides dumping a ton of money at his doorstep? I feel like we are approaching the same level that we have made fun of every other fan base that assumed Marshall was waiting to jump to their school.
                    Oh I’m not sure, but if the allegations are true about the basketball players... Wichita state will be dumping buckets of cash to bring in a good, sane coach.

Comment

Furthermore:

For someone who’s “waiting on the evidence,” you sure have no problem inserting your own facts all over this.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Oh I’m not sure, but if the allegations are true about the basketball players... Wichita state will be dumping buckets of cash to bring in a good, sane coach.
                        Oh I agree .. It would be the game ending grand slam type of hire. A winner that is notorious for being a "nice" winner. Exactly what would be needed.

That said .. i just don't see the connection. I will be extremely happy if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Shaq got paid 50K for telling his story? WTF
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Furthermore:

What's this Shaq was paid 50k to embellish?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

What's this Shaq was paid 50k to embellish?
                              I've seen this tossed around ... where is the source for that?

Comment

• The damage is pretty much done at this point regardless of the ultimate outcome. The fact, that these alleged incidents occurred 5 years ago and apparently nothing constructive was done by the WSU administration to address them at the time is not, assuming these allegations do have merit, a good look for the University.

If 3G is retained I see a very difficult challenge on the recruiting trail going forward. In fact, retaining and attracting quality assistants might be difficult as well in such a recruiting environment.

I think that this situation, on top of already very costly ticket/SASO packages, the access to games on television or internet streams, an aging fan base and perhaps a new aversion to congregating with 10,000 other people in an a confined space, will have a definite negative impact on fan support at least financially.

It the allegations are determined to have merit I would expect 3G and WSU will reach a settlement where he is allowed to resign and perhaps receive a relatively modest severance payment that would be far short of his buyout. Although WSU's current financial situation might dictate that they be more aggressive and simply terminate 3G for cause. The problem with the latter is can you argue cause when you apparently did little to nothing about the alleged behaviour for 5 years. WSU would probably have to take the position they were not aware of these incidents. That might be a hard sell.

Comment

Working...
                                X