Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The Athletic i don't believe contacted anyone. They just reported that WSU was investigating Marshall. I've said it before, but I think there is a possibility it was purposely leaked to them to soften the blow of *******'s article. It got it out to the public that WSU was taking a proactive approach to this.
    IIRC Taylor said he reached out to pretty much everyone during 2015-2017 for his reporting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I would anticipate if the matter gets taken up it will be in the late afternoon in a closed session. I think it will but could be wrong
      Well I don't who is on the hook for the 15 Million buyout but I do know a couple of donors who were at the meeting (20 donors or so) to pay GM's salary and one of them told me that if GM leaves, he's no longer committed to paying his portion of the 3.5 Million (he told me this last year). Money for a coach could dry up quickly if this isn't handled correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        KBOR won't address it until the investigation is concluded (if they get involved at all). Until the law firm wraps up its work then it's all speculation.
        ....and from what I hear it may be hence as to why they needed Shaw’s statement yesterday. Coaches and players get suspended based on preliminary findings on occasion but, yes, it may not happen today.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

....and from what I hear it may be hence as to why they needed Shaw’s statement yesterday. Coaches and players get suspended based on preliminary findings on occasion but, yes, it may not happen today.
          Shaw is a name that comes up often on here.

Comment

• It makes sense to me that Shaq wouldn't transfer after the incident. He had already burned his redshirt year, so if he had transferred he would have lost a year of eligibility. Assuming he didn't get a transfer waiver to play immediately, he would have ended his college career having only played 3 seasons. That's a pretty steep price for a college athlete to pay for someone else's actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerpower View Post
              It makes sense to me that Shaq wouldn't transfer after the incident. He had already burned his redshirt year, so if he had transferred he would have lost a year of eligibility. Assuming he didn't get a transfer waiver to play immediately, he would have ended his college career having only played 3 seasons. That's a pretty steep price for a college athlete to pay for someone else's actions.
              You give Shaq more credit than I do for making decisions. I'm not sure in 2015 that he had many goals to go to the professional basketball etc. He didn't even go to practice regularly and was often sick. He seems to me to be a guy that took one day at a time, and if he was tired, or didn't feel good, he took the day off.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

IIRC Taylor said he reached out to pretty much everyone during 2015-2017 for his reporting.
                Correct .. Taylor did. I don't believe the Athletic did.

Comment

• If Shaq got "punched" he should have filed assault charges. There were plenty of witnesses at that time to corroborate an assault and he would have easily transferred with no transfer penalty what-so-ever.

Most likely, Shaq did not get "punched". He got shoved hard. Probably really hard, because he potentially seriously injured another teammate on a dirty foul. Hard enough that some players could misremember it as a "punch" when fed that word by a journalist. But they will also remember that it didn't rise to the level of having to intervene. There is no way a bunch of players and assistants would watch a coach "punch" a player and not dive in to separate him. If that didn't happen -- Coach didn't punch him or probably even cross a line. If they DID dive in to separate them, then it's probable that it crossed a line.

Did they?
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I seem to remember that Shaq was not in the annual give-away poster one year (possibly his senior year) because he didn’t show up at the appointed time for photos. Did I imagine that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You give Shaq more credit than I do for making decisions. I'm not sure in 2015 that he had many goals to go to the professional basketball etc. He didn't even go to practice regularly and was often sick. He seems to me to be a guy that took one day at a time, and if he was tired, or didn't feel good, he took the day off.
                      Shaq stayed because his mother had told him coach was who would mold him for the future? Who wants to disappoint their mom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        If Shaq got "punched" he should have filed assault charges. There were plenty of witnesses at that time to corroborate an assault and he would have easily transferred with no transfer penalty what-so-ever.

Most likely, Shaq did not get "punched". He got shoved hard. Probably really hard, because he potentially seriously injured another teammate on a dirty foul. Hard enough that some players could misremember it as a "punch" when fed that word by a journalist. But they will also remember that it didn't rise to the level of having to intervene. There is no way a bunch of players and assistants would watch a coach "punch" a player and not dive in to separate him. If that didn't happen -- Coach didn't punch him or probably even cross a line. If they DID dive in to separate them, then it's probable that it crossed a line.

Did they?
                        I'm not taking sides or saying it's right or wrong, but is this a "punch"?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Shaq was in Wichita and put out this tweet on September 4th...

Then 3 days later he puts this out there...

After 5 years, what the heck happened while he was here? Something did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            I seem to remember that Shaq was not in the annual give-away poster one year (possibly his senior year) because he didn’t show up at the appointed time for photos. Did I imagine that?
                            I remember this as well. I believe diarrhea was the excuse. Maybe he spent a little time with Tyrone Shoelace at Taco Shop after a night on the town?
                            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Shaq was in Wichita and put out this tweet on September 4th...

Then 3 days later he puts this out there...

After 5 years, what the heck happened while he was here? Something did.
                              I believe ******* also stated Shaq had to fly to Maine to give his report? Did I hear that right? Why would he need to do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe ******* also stated Shaq had to fly to Maine to give his report? Did I hear that right? Why would he need to do that?
                                I believe ******* had to do that because Maine is a one-party consent state, meaning ******* could record the conversation without telling Shaq. Something along those lines. Don’t know if Shaq had to travel there as well. But Shaq clearly was okay with it, so I might be missing something.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X