No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt better about coach potentially being coach this year before he made that statement. I'm struggling with the fact that two different sources have come up with at least 5 players to confirm SOMETHING happened for him to come out and say nothing at all happened. I guess it's possible all 5 are lieing or aren't sure of what they saw but that seems unlikely. I felt it was much more likely that some form of contact was made but it wasn't as described

I have a bad feeling we are approaching an extremely rocky conclusion to this investigation.

Comment

• What is the best case scenario now?

Now that he is fully denying he ever struck a player we can't even reduce it to maybe is was more of a slap or push. We also can't speculate on what kind of context he may have ended up putting his hands on Linstead under. According to Marshall, those things did not happen.

What happened? Why did The Athletic come up with this story? I know the ******* theories. Why did two players on record lie? Why are players off record lying to the Wichita Eagle now? I have a hard time wrapping my head around all these things. What's the most reasonable and explainable situation in favor of Marshall?
      ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I felt better about coach potentially being coach this year before he made that statement. I'm struggling with the fact that two different sources have come up with at least 5 players to confirm SOMETHING happened for him to come out and say nothing at all happened. I guess it's possible all 5 are lieing or aren't sure of what they saw but that seems unlikely. I felt it was much more likely that some form of contact was made but it wasn't as described

I have a bad feeling we are approaching an extremely rocky conclusion to this investigation.
        I'd agree. Him outright denying this just made me feel more skeptical to be honest. I don't see the motives of the players I guess, especially knowing there are other witnesses who can refute what they say.

Comment

• Honestly - I take a different approach... Although I do understand where you all are coming from.

This takes out the ambiguity.

They either cannot prove it - he is obviously going to be retained.

Or they can - and he is obviously going to be fired.

I did not like the ambiguity of "well see I touched him but..." Puts EVERYONE in a bad spot.

I could not care less if it is rocky because he gets fired -- if they can prove he did something like this - that is on him for the action in the first place.. So be it.

I also like the middle finger to *******. IDC what the truth of this controversy is - ******* deserves many middle fingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            Uh oh, marshall has spoken..!

In a statement just released to The Eagle, Wichita State basketball coach Gregg Marshall made his strongest stand yet.

“I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleague. Allegations claiming otherwise are false.”
            This seems to have drawn a line. If there is proof something happened then Marshall will now have lied.

if this story is a vendetta then why hasn’t Linstead refuted he was choked?

Why hasn’t Fred spoken publicly to refute it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              Honestly - I take a different approach... Although I do understand where you all are coming from.

This takes out the ambiguity.

They either cannot prove it - he is obviously going to be retained.

Or they can - and he is obviously going to be fired.

I did not like the ambiguity of "well see I touched him but..." Puts EVERYONE in a bad spot.

I could not care less if it is rocky because he gets fired -- if they can prove he did something like this - that is on him for the action in the first place.. So be it.

I also like the middle finger to *******. IDC what the truth of this controversy is - ******* deserves many middle fingers.
              You don't care about the truth? Eh, I just don't have time for people like you. You can lean on whatever side you want, that's fine. Not caring about the truth is just sad.

Comment

• ALSO - seems like one of 2 things is happening...

(80%) He knows writing is on the wall. This is last effort to save face.

(20%) He knows something that we do not about situation and investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This seems to have drawn a line. If there is proof something happened then Marshall will now have lied.

Given the unfortunate nature of professional and collegiate sports today, it’s understandable that public figures such as American professional athletes and collegiate coaches would refuse to weigh in. With allegations of abuse and racism no less. I’m glad Marshall made this statement. It makes his stance clear.

I guess the rosy way to look at it would be that HCGM is either making the statement because it’s the truth or because he’s confident the investigation won’t find wrong-doing. Take that for whatever you will. Regardless, we will still be in the dark until the investigation releases its findings.

Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

You don't care about the truth? Eh, I just don't have time for people like you. You can lean on whatever side you want, that's fine. Not caring about the truth is just sad.
                    I definitely care a lot about the truth.

I also am definitely sure I will not 100% know it in this situation no matter what.

If I could be omnipotent- I would choose that option.

Comment

I also am definitely sure I will not 100% know it in this situation no matter what.

I think you mean omniscient, haha.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

You made it sound like you only wanted him gone if there was proof, hard evidence, so if every player came out and said he did it including Fred, Ron, and Landry, that's not enough?

You'd said you didn't care about the truth of the controversy. I guess. I don't know what that means.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Fred is in a contract year in which he will likely get a contract that makes Marshalls look like peanuts. Getting in the middle of an abuse scandal wouldn't be smart

Comment

ALSO - seems like one of 2 things is happening...

(80%) He knows writing is on the wall. This is last effort to save face.

(20%) He knows something that we do not about situation and investigation.
                            Yea unless there is a smoking gun like video of the incident showing something else ... Seems like the first with the publicly available knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

You made it sound like you only wanted him gone if there was proof, hard evidence, so if every player came out and said he did it including Fred, Ron, and Landry, that's not enough?

You'd said you didn't care about the truth of the controversy. I guess. I don't know what that means.
                              Not at all. I am just aware that it seems like I am not ever going to know the actual truth - so I’m more interested now in how this plays out.

The most likely version will certainly be made public and will factor into what I said.

Comment

• This is sounding like a "I did not have sex with that woman" kinda scenario. It's a lie, or it boils down to the definition of what striking a player/colleague actually entails. Seems like SOMETHING happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X