No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Nurger seen all this abuse going on, but he was willing to be a fifth year senior before his red shirt had to be pulled? Ok got it!
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Rauno's fiancee is involved in a tweet thread where she mentions some of the stuff Marshall said to Rauno about her. Pretty bad.

Comment

• Just got through listening to Jeff *******'s podcast with Rob Dauster. ******* is still a *****, and to his credit, somewhat admits he is a ***** with regards to 3G during the Dan Patrick interview on the Final Four season.

Maybe it's just the homer in me, but after listening to *******, this whole thing just reeks of opportunism. ******* starts this story around the time the transfers all bailed. I really don't think that many of the things in *******'s story have really gone down the way they're being reported. Seeing players like Early, CJ, Ramon and Ragland coming to 3G's defense really shows that there's more to this story.

Oh and BODY SHAMING? LOL What coach hasn't done that? Anybody that has ever played football or basketball knows that coaches are going to mercilessly roast any player that comes back from the offseason chubby or can't make it through sprints and suicides. I'm guessing that Peyton Allen is the one that was "body shamed" and was traumatized to the point we never got to see him play.

Not saying there aren't issues that need to change with coach, but I don't think think he is this monster ******* is doing his best to make him out to be. 3G doesn't have the luxury of getting the most elite talent. He has to turn coal into diamonds. Sometimes that involves over the top intensity. Sometimes offensive comments and breaking their psyche to rebuild it. Great coaches teeter on that edge where there's gray area. Some make it through, some don't.

Comment

• null
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Just got through listening to Jeff *******'s podcast with Rob Dauster. ******* is still a *****, and to his credit, somewhat admits he is a ***** with regards to 3G during the Dan Patrick interview on the Final Four season.

Maybe it's just the homer in me, but after listening to *******, this whole thing just reeks of opportunism. ******* starts this story around the time the transfers all bailed. I really don't think that many of the things in *******'s story have really gone down the way they're being reported. Seeing players like Early, CJ, Ramon and Ragland coming to 3G's defense really shows that there's more to this story.

Oh and BODY SHAMING? LOL What coach hasn't done that? Anybody that has ever played football or basketball knows that coaches are going to mercilessly roast any player that comes back from the offseason chubby or can't make it through sprints and suicides. I'm guessing that Peyton Allen is the one that was "body shamed" and was traumatized to the point we never got to see him play.

Not saying there aren't issues that need to change with coach, but I don't think think he is this monster ******* is doing his best to make him out to be. 3G doesn't have the luxury of getting the most elite talent. He has to turn coal into diamonds. Sometimes that involves over the top intensity. Sometimes offensive comments and breaking their psyche to rebuild it. Great coaches teeter on that edge where there's gray area. Some make it through, some don't.
            I think the 95% of the crap ******* spewed is fluff that would never see the light of day normally. The problem is the 5% is probably bad enough on it's own to get coach fired (punching a player and choking a coach). The rest is just really good filler that if it never gets proven, it's not a big deal. It draws attention though to that 5% with someone willing to back it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's owed what ... like 20+ million if we let him go?

Burden of proof is on WSU to prove cause to void that. Would you proactively give up 20+ million that you might be able to get?
              And there's the rub. If anyone in the AD's office knew of the Shaq incident before now, it creates a dicey situation with regard to termination. I don't know how the law or the courts would look at a situation where a fireable offense was swept under the rug until it became convenient to use as a way to avoid fulfilling the terms of a contract. I suspect Marshall would sue.

With Rauno (through his fiance) now corroborating, there is enough for me to believe it happened. The least objectionable course of action here is for WSU and Marshall to negotiate his resignation.

I'm glad he made a positive impact on the lives of quite a number of former players (Cle, Ramon, Lufile, Rags, et al), and sad that others had opposite experiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Just got through listening to Jeff *******'s podcast with Rob Dauster. ******* is still a *****, and to his credit, somewhat admits he is a ***** with regards to 3G during the Dan Patrick interview on the Final Four season.

I think ******* is pedaling extra hard on social media because he got scooped big-time. A guy who has fallen from ESPN to CBS Sports to Stadium knows the next stop is, metaphorically speaking, the California Penal League.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And there's the rub. If anyone in the AD's office knew of the Shaq incident before now, it creates a dicey situation with regard to termination. I don't know how the law or the courts would look at a situation where a fireable offense was swept under the rug until it became convenient to use as a way to avoid fulfilling the terms of a contract. I suspect Marshall would sue.

With Rauno (through his fiance) now corroborating, there is enough for me to believe it happened. The least objectionable course of action here is for WSU and Marshall to negotiate his resignation.

I'm glad he made a positive impact on the lives of quite a number of former players (Cle, Ramon, Lufile, Rags, et al), and sad that others had opposite experiences.
                  Ya. The argument will be "You knew about this 5 years ago but you did nothing until now?". That will likely not go well for WSU in a court situation, if it goes there.

Comment

I think the 95% of the crap ******* spewed is fluff that would never see the light of day normally. The problem is the 5% is probably bad enough on it's own to get coach fired (punching a player and choking a coach). The rest is just really good filler that if it never gets proven, it's not a big deal. It draws attention though to that 5% with someone willing to back it up.
                    But, it Mostly Peaceful.

That's how things work now right?!
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Still crickets from our local paper
                      I think they're too intimidated to jump in

Comment

He's owed what ... like 20+ million if we let him go?

Burden of proof is on WSU to prove cause to void that. Would you proactively give up 20+ million that you might be able to get?
                        Let’s be clear - If he touched a player, if he choked a coach, - that is “for cause” firing. He know whether he did it. Boatright knows whether he did. The investigation is for show.

And I’m not giving ****. I didn’t create this mess.

next step will be for the university to announce Marshall has been suspended with pay until the investigation is complete. Meanwhile the lawyers will be negotiating a settlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          Rauno's fiancee is involved in a tweet thread where she mentions some of the stuff Marshall said to Rauno about her. Pretty bad.
                          yeah...that’s pretty disturbing stuff. Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

yeah...that’s pretty disturbing stuff. Yikes.
                            Link to the twitter feed please?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Let’s be clear - If he touched a player, if he choked a coach, - that is “for cause” firing. He know whether he did it. Boatright knows whether he did. The investigation is for show.

And I’m not giving ****. I didn’t create this mess.

next step will be for the university to announce Marshall has been suspended with pay until the investigation is complete. Meanwhile the lawyers will be negotiating a settlement.
                              Correct, IF they can prove it. They also have to prove why they are firing him for it 5 years later. So more likely they are trying to prove the NEWER allegations so that becomes the additional cause.

So yet again, there is no reason besides "doing the right thing" that Marshall would step down and proactively give up 20+ million. Nor would I expect any reasonable person to do the same. His career is likely damaged equally if he resigns vs fired. Both are admitting fault.

Comment

• Some of these players would probably evaporate if they had a drill sergeant go "Full Metal Jacket" on them.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X