No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the allegations are found to be true by the WSU investigation, then it should be dealt with accordingly as these are serious allegations.

As has been stated previously, there does seem to be quite a bit of hearsay involved and those on the accusing side (Shaq, Erik, *******, etc.) do not exactly have the most reputable or upstanding reputation. Because of this, I find these accusations somewhat questionable in nature. Character counts and given their character and past dealings, I am not sure about it. Particularly given that some of the more reputable characters from Marshall's time are defending him.

I am going to take a wait and see approach and how the investigation comes out.

******* is still a douchenoggle.

Comment

• Erik's dad reading ******* article.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Out of Fred, Ron, and Landry, ******* talked to one of them. I would think most likely is Landry.
        Yes, but he did not say what that person said. It was stated that 36 people were interviewed. No where did he state how many of those players/coaches actually gave negative comments. The way it was written, 5 of them could have provided all the negative comments and the other 31 all praised coach but their article would still be accurate.

That's why i didn't mention that because the fact that someone was talked to doesnt really add anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes, but he did not say what that person said. It was stated that 36 people were interviewed. No where did he state how many of those players/coaches actually gave negative comments. The way it was written, 5 of them could have provided all the negative comments and the other 31 all praised coach but their article would still be accurate.

That's why i didn't mention that because the fact that someone was talked to doesnt really add anything.
          I might be wrong in my recollection, but I think *******'s article says out of the 36 he talked to, only three defended Marshall.

Comment

Bingo, which is why we should all just wait to see what the full investigation exposes.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I might be wrong in my recollection, but I think *******'s article says out of the 36 he talked to, only three defended Marshall.
              Even so. The rest could have said "no comment" but he still "talked" to them
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I see that there .. but his quote still can be interpreted lots of ways.

"However, two former players and one current assistant coach defended Marshall, telling Stadium they didn’t witness any physical or verbal abuse in their time with Wichita State"

To me, it's fairly obvious that "verbal abuse" is being taken a little too far in it's definition here. So did 30+ players say 'Yea, he would cuss us out all the time'. Oh.. that's verbal abuse!. I'd bet if the same standards that ******* uses to define verbal abuse were applied to all D1 coaches, there would only be a handful that didnt' fall into *******'s criteria.

Also some might not have said anything at all.

Comment

That’s true he didn’t say which one of those guys he talked to. But from what he said on his podcast about talking to whichever one of those guys he did talk to, they didn’t have good things to say about GM. Said they decided to stay anonymous because they didn’t want to lose respect and support from fans.

IIRC, he also said out of everyone he talked to, only 2 players defended GM.

I’m not trying to be doom and gloom here, honestly. But I think those are obviously 3 of the most well respected young men to have come out of our program and their opinions probably hold some weight.

Comment

I see that there .. but his quote still can be interpreted lots of ways.

"However, two former players and one current assistant coach defended Marshall, telling Stadium they didn’t witness any physical or verbal abuse in their time with Wichita State"

To me, it's fairly obvious that "verbal abuse" is being taken a little too far in it's definition here. So did 30+ players say 'Yea, he would cuss us out all the time'. Oh.. that's verbal abuse!. I'd bet if the same standards that ******* uses to define verbal abuse were applied to all D1 coaches, there would only be a handful that didnt' fall into *******'s criteria.

Also some might not have said anything at all.
                    Yup. Its all about what fits his narrative.

I refuse to let his article close the case for me.

Comment

• I never knew PB&J was a racist sandwich till Erik and ******* told me it was

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I’m not trying to be doom and gloom here, honestly. But I think those are obviously 3 of the most well respected young men to have come out of our program and their opinions probably hold some weight.
                        I agree. It's unfortunate that we don't have ANY of their opinions here. ******* vaguely stating stuff about one of the three players that he also can't identify means nothing IMO. He can completely make it up and the way he words it releases him of any liability of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post
                          I’m supposed to believe that a 50+ year old white man punched a 20 year old 6’8” - 265 pound black man in the head twice and did not get his a## beat?

I don’t buy it
                          Ever see a 15lb Jack Russell Terrier chase a 100lb Rottweiler out of the room? That's how it happens. Shaq is a lazy teddy bear and Marshall is... Marshall.

I know one player Marshall would never clock in the back of the head and that's Fred. You see, Fred would beat his ass into the pavement.

Some will recount the time I shared one of Marshall's 1st year practices on here. It was quite disturbing. I used descriptors like: military, humiliation, dangerous physical drills, Bobby Knight, etc. Guys like Marshall are not built to last in organizations. They are change agents and he was perfect for WSU at the time. In fact, I don't know if there's another man alive who could have done what Gregg did for us all things considered. It goes beyond hard work and determination; you have to be doggedly stubborn and pathologically self-assured to take a WSU and put them on the big stage. Had this been a different era, and had he been at a school like Knight's Indiana, I have little doubt he could have won several national championships. Marshall is a charismatic, personality mess who wants to win more than anybody on the planet. He has a very narrow career path - even in sports. Marshall lasted 13 years with us and regardless of circumstances, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for his positive impact on our university.

Comment

• I guess ******* is going to be on The Drive today with Bob Lutz per Bob’s Facebook post.

Comment

does it matter how many defend him?

Comment

Working...
                              X