No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sociology teachers don’t have jobs where it is routine to yell at, cuss and then later hug and invite their students over for dinner. Apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is that they work for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Does anyone know what "yet another black mark on this institution’s reputation" is supposed to mean? Is there a stack of black marks with which I am not familiar and if so, what are they?

And why is the world isn't the author of this comment not challenged on that statement?
      Seems like this faculty member shouldn’t be working for an institution if he thinks it has so many black marks.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
        If Hayton doesn’t like his employer or his job he is certainly free to move on.
        Things are slow at Starbucks these days, covid and all. Antifa might be hiring extras for their performances, but depending on the results of the election that job might evaporate too.

We're talking about an associate professor of history. If he's not teaching his distorted, perverted view of history, he essentially has no other economic use. A day laborer in tweed and birkenstocks.

Comment

• I think the faculty comments are another indication of the separation from the academic world and the real world. Seriously, why do I care about the opinion of associate professors. These are some of the same folks who opposed the Innovation Campus. They live in a higher-ed bubble that is not part of the real world. The world is changing fast, and they are not keeping up.

I graduated from WSU in 1988. I don't remember the separation then, but I wasn't worried about their opinion then either.

Also, on a totally different note regarding *******. Just yesterday, a friend reminded me that ******* was one of the leaders of cheap-seat comments that WSU should not get a #1 seed when we were undefeated in 2014. This was another good reminder about *******'s history regarding WSU.

Comment

• The same guy who wrote the Eagle article also wrote one on October 9 - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...246328935.html - where he states:

"Marshall’s contract to coach basketball at WSU is not technically between him and the university, but with a nonprofit corporation called the Wichita State University Intercollegiate Athletic Association Inc."

Kind of odd that he didn't bother putting that in this article to help differentiate why things may be different between an employee of the university and someone employed by a non-profit corporation. Maybe it made to much sense to include it :)

Personally when I saw the headline this morning the first thing that came to my mind was clickbait. People are wanting to know what's the latest and will click on anything related to Gregg Marshall, so they put together an article that doesn't say much about the investigation itself, but more about how the faculty probably doesn't read the Eagle and saw the paragraph mentioned above from his earlier article :) But I imagine they got a lot of clicks from the article and probably knew ******* would retweet it because he probably just read the headline. But KWCH opened up the clickbait floodgates recently when they did a story on the law firm that was akin to the About Us page from the firms web page.

Kudos though to the Eagle for throwing in something about KU and their situation to remind KU fans things aren't so rosy in their program, as well as for throwing Ron Prince in the mix in case any K-State fans were giddy about the WSU situation. If you want to listen to some former players rip into a coach, just google "ron prince reggie walker ian campbell" and listen to a podcast Walker and Campell did a couple years ago where they rip into Prince while he coached them at K-State.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Sociology teachers don’t have jobs where it is routine to yell at, cuss and then later hug and invite their students over for dinner. Apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is that they work for WSU.
              Wouldn't Gregg technically be employed by the WSU athletic foundation, (or whatever it is called)? My understanding is that athletic foundations are separate from university operations. Additionally, it would appear none of Gregg's salary is paid with student fees. https://thesunflower.com/4407/specia...of%20Athletics.

Comment

• I think marshall is done.rarely do coaches survive scandals, guilty or not. Sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Does anyone know what "yet another black mark on this institution’s reputation" is supposed to mean? Is there a stack of black marks with which I am not familiar and if so, what are they?

And why is the world isn't the author of this comment not challenged on that statement?
                  Yes. Apparently the first black mark was hiring Hayton?

Comment

• Is today the day this gets resolved?

Comment

• This investigation does make the timing of Golden's resignation a little more interesting. The article on the faculty stated that he resigned two weeks after the investigation started.

Did the big donors use this as a way to force Golden out by refusing to financially support removing Marshall if the investigation shows it is warranted as long as Golden was president? Or is the timing just a coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Is today the day this gets resolved?
                        I was logging on thinking the same.

I cannot decide how I feel about this dragging on longer than I figured it would. And 3G not suspended? Does that possibly mean something? Cannot tell.

I really hope for the guy's sake, this is dealt with quickly...

Comment

• I agree. For coach, and for the current team. The uncertainty needs to be removed and a path forward needs to be established.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                            This investigation does make the timing of Golden's resignation a little more interesting. The article on the faculty stated that he resigned two weeks after the investigation started.

Did the big donors use this as a way to force Golden out by refusing to financially support removing Marshall if the investigation shows it is warranted as long as Golden was president? Or is the timing just a coincidence?
                            No. Asked and answered by Feuerborn in today's article. Swaim's style is to present a series of events in a way that manipulates the reader to infer that they might be directly related, even when there's no real evidence or reason to believe that they are. He then takes essentially nothing and forces a denial from the subject and buries it deep below several grafs of bullshit speculation, which in today's world reads as evasive, feeding the conspiratorial fires. It's not quite outright "yellow journalism" but it is damn sure multiple shades of Crayola removed from "white."
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

No. Asked and answered by Feuerborn in today's article. Swaim's style is to present a series of events in a way that manipulates the reader to infer that they might be directly related, even when there's no real evidence or reason to believe that they are. He then takes essentially nothing and forces a denial from the subject and buries it deep below several grafs of bullshit speculation, which in today's world reads as evasive, feeding the conspiratorial fires. It's not quite outright "yellow journalism" but it is damn sure multiple shades of Crayola removed from "white."
                              He did the same thing at the Sunflower.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Tidbits:

1. It appears things are quiet right now. They are not quiet at all.
                                2. There are some key players that many expected to speak up on GM's behalf. There is a reason they are not talking.
                                3. GM has some powerful backers on his side.
                                4. This all started from a former disgruntled person close to the program who was asked to stay away. That person took information that was known to them to the former President. The former president launched the investigation.

Yeah, its not much, but its all I can share. Source A+

Comment

Working...
                                X