No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like it’s time for the weak minded former players to blame Marshall for all their problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

A player got slapped in the huddle during a game? Seems like someone would have noticed.
      We have seen the physical and verbal things that marshall has done at the games and in the huddle.

I'm suprised the media didn't make a mix of Marshall laying hands on players during games. Anybody remember him hitting Mittgard after Mittgard was celebrating and ran into Marshall.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

How exactly does a coach “deny access to his dying grandmother” to a grown man who has freedom of choice? It’s a shame what happened, but DK is responsible for decisions made as an adult.
          You act as those both "adults" had equal power in this relationship. Things seem to indicate that GGG was a complicated complex man in his dealings with others.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

We have seen the physical and verbal things that marshall has done at the games and in the huddle.

I'm surprised the media didn't make a mix of Marshall laying hands-on players during games. Anybody remember him hitting Mittgard after Mittgard was celebrating and ran into Marshall.
            Or storming off at halftime, throwing chairs aside, with little to no regard for who they hit or if they hit anyone.

Comment

• There is a 0% chance I’m going to listen to a Dug podcast.

Comment

• If he would've just gotten some anger counseling, we wouldn't be in this place now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=choida;n1262714]
                  Originally posted by shock View Post

Everyone has to have someone to blame for their failures. [/QUOT

If Ron Baker spills the beans or tells his truths... Is he going to be considered a loser as well by the ones throwing Shaq, Kelly and Kyles under the bus? Stay tuned.

Depends on what he says and how it’s said. If it’s Shaq and DK level yes. My guess is that Ron will be a bit more PC and tactful.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

You act as those both "adults" had equal power in this relationship. Things seem to indicate that GGG was a complicated complex man in his dealings with others.
                    Then DK must have been weak minded at the time. One can objectively blame Gregg for having emotional outbursts and acting childish at times, but to blame Gregg for keeping DK from visiting his dying grandmother is rich. I can not imagine anyone keeping me from visiting my dying grandmother except perhaps the military from whom there’d be consequences. What consequences was DK faced with if he left practice? Harder workouts when he returned? Missing a few games?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Or storming off at halftime, throwing chairs aside, with little to no regard for who they hit or if they hit anyone.
                      It made GM look like a jerk. The AM incident had me feeling badly for GM after his surgically repaired shoulder was bumped pretty hard by AM during the timeout, but quickly turned empathetic towards AM after Marshall berated the gentle giant.

GM was not perfect, and I imagine the players fraternity is very tight but I am getting tired of the fallout towards Gregg. Imagine if he shared some of the players issues with us. Enough is enough.

Comment

• Player: I need to take some time off from practice and classes. My grandma is dying.
                        Coach: No
                        Player: But, Coach, she's the person that raised me, I've got to go see her before she dies.
                        Coach: I said no, and if you go, you're off the team, your scholarship will be pulled, and I'll make sure you never play D1 basketball again.

That just might do it.

This would too

Player: Coach, can you borrow me some money for a ticket home to see my dying grandma
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Player: I need to take some time off from practice and classes. My grandma is dying.
                          Player: But, Coach, she's the person that raised me, I've got to go see her before she dies.
                          Coach: I said no, and if you go, you're off the team, your scholarship will be pulled, and I'll make sure you never play D1 basketball again.

That just might do it.

This would too

Player: Coach, can you borrow me some money for a ticket home to see my dying grandma
                          It doesn't even need to be that overt.

But, yeah. Anyone who thinks that a coach couldn't make it clear that if the player leaves for a few days during the season is not acceptable is not being honest with themselves. Now, if I had more details as to the exact conversation that was had with GM and Kyles regarding this subject, I might be able to have an opinion on who was in the right and who was in the wrong, but I can see this type of dynamic being present. And given the personality of GM, how can anyone doubt that at the very least, this is within the realm of having at least some semblance of reality?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

GM was not perfect, and I imagine the players fraternity is very tight but I am getting tired of the fallout towards Gregg. Imagine if he shared some of the players issues with us. Enough is enough.
                            And I agree with this too. Let's not assume that every one of these players was the perfect little angel during their time at WSU and the mean bad old GM was just a big meanie.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I think we need to remember in all of this that feelings are all over the place with everyone involved. I haven't experience college basketball anywhere other than as a fan. But I'm pretty sure that at the level that WSU participates, it is pretty effing competitive. Just think how involved we are all just as fans during a game. How many of us are ready to throw things around the house and frustrated at things, etc. Good grief, what must it be like to be in the damn game and have an actual impact on the outcome? I just imagine what I feel and then multiply that by 1000. And win or lose, my life pretty much does not change (other than the stupid other teams fans giving me ****). This is a world we don't know anything about, at least me. And I am also of the opinion that we get about 20% of the story in all of this crap. So, just take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

It made GM look like a jerk. The AM incident had me feeling badly for GM after his surgically repaired shoulder was bumped pretty hard by AM during the timeout, but quickly turned empathetic towards AM after Marshall berated the gentle giant.

There are at least 3.5 million reasons why you should not equate GGG's behavior with any of the player's behavior. In addition to the difference in roles and responsibilities. GGG did great things for the program, the school, and the city. He also appears to have accomplished some of those things while abusing some of those under his control. Both things can be and probably are true.

Comment

Working...
                                X