Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Lutz and the Eagle have both been calling to release information concerning the closed search and hiring of the last president and the present closed search for the new president and the whole Gregg Marshall deal. Both say it is a public university supported by taxes and therefore should have public access to those proceedings. Ted Ayres who I believe was counsel for WSU had an op /ed article that states that at one time years ago the university received 75% of its money from the state but in the years since it has been reduced to 25% which has necessitated an increase in tuition costs and an even larger dependency on donors. Thus the university has lost some autonomy while the donors have more and more influence. I guess it's the old story of "You gotta dance with the one that brung ya.'
    I found the current budget online at https://www.wichita.edu/administration/budget/index.php and there's a link to a 700+ page pdf. The first 20 pages cover the basics and then after that you start getting into detailed breakdowns by departments, including salaries of professors and other things. Looking at page 14, it looks like the budget is for $417 million and 20.5% of it, or around $85 million, of it is "State General Fund" which based on page 18, is "Appropriations made by the Governor and Legislature from state tax revenues." Tuition makes up 20.4%, Federal Grants and Contracts makes up 17.9%, something called Sales and Serv. of Ed Activities makes up 21.5%, student fees make up 9.6%, and various things make up the rest.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I found the current budget online at https://www.wichita.edu/administration/budget/index.php and there's a link to a 700+ page pdf. The first 20 pages cover the basics and then after that you start getting into detailed breakdowns by departments, including salaries of professors and other things. Looking at page 14, it looks like the budget is for $417 million and 20.5% of it, or around $85 million, of it is "State General Fund" which based on page 18, is "Appropriations made by the Governor and Legislature from state tax revenues." Tuition makes up 20.4%, Federal Grants and Contracts makes up 17.9%, something called Sales and Serv. of Ed Activities makes up 21.5%, student fees make up 9.6%, and various things make up the rest.
      get outta here with facts.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

get outta here with facts.

lol. If it's any consolation, I did a search on the pdf for Beamer and there were no results :) I did find the 19-20 budget at https://www.wichita.edu/about/public...ing_Budget.pdf and she and her salary (56K) appear in there.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Interesting that in recent years we have seen a rise in “useful” studies at the university as well. While the state is concerned with giving students a safe space for gender studies and community organizing, donors are giving the uni money to develop a useful workforce with skills to get them hired right out of the gate.
          Did you know Koch sponsored the business school at ESU as well? My friends in the program said it went from broad, generalized, and poorly put together (it was an afterthought) to laser focused and better thought out. There were a few that had reservations about it due to politics, but those were dashed when they graduated and got good jobs right away from businesses lined up to hire graduates.
          You know, it’s almost a good thing when the economic drivers have a say in the education of their workforce. Who’da thunk it?
          Koch hires a lot of graduates from the D-II state schools and I have heard Charles express that they like what they get from these institutions.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Koch hires a lot of graduates from the D-II state schools and I have heard Charles express that they like what they get from these institutions.
            Haven’t I heard that Mr. Koch prefers hiring WSU grads over Ivy League grads? Same reasoning.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Haven’t I heard that Mr. Koch prefers hiring WSU grads over Ivy League grads? Same reasoning.
              Yes, I think he finds these students don't have the same sense of entitlement that some of the more "prestigious" institutions and you get people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and prove their worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yes, I think he finds these students don't have the same sense of entitlement that some of the more "prestigious" institutions and you get people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and prove their worth.
                And who probably didn't spend a good chunk of their college years denigrating all things Koch on social media and among their ideological echo-chamber comrades.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

High work ethics...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My daughter graduated from Wichita State and I have a nephew that graduated from Pitt State. Both have done very well at Koch. And yes, both have great work ethics.

Comment

• On her Shockers for fun page fb page she talks about who she has “met” of the new guys.

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

lol. If it's any consolation, I did a search on the pdf for Beamer and there were no results :) I did find the 19-20 budget at https://www.wichita.edu/about/public...ing_Budget.pdf and she and her salary (56K) appear in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                        On her Shockers for fun page fb page she talks about who she has “met” of the new guys.

Honest question... Why is she still allowed near the players ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Honest question... Why is she still allowed near the players ?
                          Same reason no gun signs don’t work. It only restricts those who follow the law.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                            On her Shockers for fun page fb page she talks about who she has “met” of the new guys.

Is there an AD out there worth a damn enforcing his "do not contact" orders of a year or two ago? Wtf? Keep this mental away from the team.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is there an AD out there worth a damn enforcing his "do not contact" orders of a year or two ago? Wtf? Keep this mental away from the team.
                              Stalkers gonna stalk.

Comment

• I’m just going to put this here and not start a new thread. I’m not saying the last 6 months had anything to do with Becky’s announced retirement, but there comes a time when you are simply worn out. She’s a ‘good egg’ and will be missed. Follow the thread to see the nice comments about her including one from Jim Schaus below. Thanks Becky! You will be missed.

Last edited by WstateU; November 23, 2020, 09:37 PM.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X