Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Section 12 has substantial detail how he must comply with any investigation by university, NCAA, American or ICAA. If he fails he will be in breach of contract. I expect this probably normal, but it does make me wonder if there is a NCAA investigation going on in light of what we know has been going on with shoe companies and that we know that Fred was taking money.
    Sounds like pretty boilerplate legalese you would expect in such an agreement. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Basketball game that turns into a MMA event - it would be epic.
      Mixed Marshall Arts?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

ICAA is the official legal name of WSU Athletics (Wichita State University-InterCollegiate Athletics Association).

As for the job things, it probably means nothing but just that since Gregg is getting paid for awhile from WSU, he can’t get another job from WSU (say, the AD job...nothing implied, just an example) and double-dip with multiple salaries.
        That's what they should have done, made ggg the ad this year for punishment. Keeping salary the same of course...

Comment

• [QUOTE=dwbarcl;n1261526]I’m curious as to why Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Arizona, Creighton and Illinois State aren’t all looking for new coaches this week. They have all done worse things than Marshall ever did. [/QUOTE
          Sorry, none of these schools & maybe any schools have ever had a coach do what Marshall has done. Let's appreciate the wins & be thankful the public doesn't know more.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichita View Post
            Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            I’m curious as to why Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Arizona, Creighton and Illinois State aren’t all looking for new coaches this week. They have all done worse things than Marshall ever did.
            Sorry, none of these schools & maybe any schools have ever had a coach do what Marshall has done. Let's appreciate the wins & be thankful the public doesn't know more.
            Quote fail. And Bill Self groupie fail.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The problem is nobody GAF what opposing fans think. Especially ones that only come out of mama’s basement when things start going south. It’s a terrible look and speaks volumes about the lifestyle you have and ultimately how sad it is. But you do you, Basement Bobby.
              I go on vacation for a single freakin' day ...
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Comment

• Winning First ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

• You know, whether you wanted GM to stay or go, it's been refreshing to see the growing support for Coach Brown. Time will tell what happens, but at this point in 2020, I will take all the "refreshing" I can get. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Winning First ;)
                      But not at all costs (at least IMHO).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

But not at all costs (at least IMHO).
                        Right, but winning should be more important than whether or not you’re buddies with the HC.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Right, but winning should be more important than whether or not you’re buddies with the HC.
                          No doubt. You don't win, you won't have the opportunity to be buddies with your players very long. But sometimes you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Let's hope we get both winning and happy but motivated and determined players. Sounds like IHCIB understands there will be times he has to administer some tough love. But there are many ways to go about that. Hope he has the goods.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• I was dumfounded when I saw there was no mitigation clause in Marshall's resignation agreement. I've had a few days to digest that and come to the conclusion that there are only two ways that can happen.

1) WSU's lawyers were utterly incompetent.
                            2) Marshall was willing to go to court and take Boatright down because of how the situation was handled when it first occurred, and didn't care if he took himself down in the process.

I don't think WSU's lawyers were incredibly incompetent. I think Boatright sold out the athletic department's finances in an effort to save his own butt. Marshall always said he wanted to retire early and he knew that Boatright had blood on his hands in this deal, so Marshall had the upper hand in the negotiations. Marshall knew that in a court fight he'd take a lot of heat, but so would Boatright. Marshall was ready to retire and Boatright wasn't.

The level of people running WSU's athletic department hasn't kept pace with the level of WSU athletics. Boatright is "probably" better than Sexton. Marshall had a multi-year association with Boatright and knew that he (Marshall) pretty much controlled Boatright and could do whatever he (Marshall) wanted. That included the absence of a mitigation clause in the exit contract. Boatright is using donor money to save his sorry butt.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I was dumfounded when I saw there was no mitigation clause in Marshall's resignation agreement. I've had a few days to digest that and come to the conclusion that there are only two ways that can happen.

1) WSU's lawyers were utterly incompetent.
                              2) Marshall was willing to go to court and take Boatright down because of how the situation was handled when it first occurred, and didn't care if he took himself down in the process.

I don't think WSU's lawyers were incredibly incompetent. I think Boatright sold out the athletic department's finances in an effort to save his own butt. Marshall always said he wanted to retire early and he knew that Boatright had blood on his hands in this deal, so Marshall had the upper hand in the negotiations. Marshall knew that in a court fight he'd take a lot of heat, but so would Boatright. Marshall was ready to retire and Boatright wasn't.

The level of people running WSU's athletic department hasn't kept pace with the level of WSU athletics. Boatright is "probably" better than Sexton. Marshall had a multi-year association with Boatright and knew that he (Marshall) pretty much controlled Boatright and could do whatever he (Marshall) wanted. That included the absence of a mitigation clause in the exit contract. Boatright is using donor money to save his sorry butt.
                              Someone here placed a "timeline" of events regarding the Shaq incident and the AD status at the time. From what I remember:

The incident happened in September. At the time, Sexton was still the AD, however, he was dealing with (or not) the women's basketball problem regarding Jody Adams and got himself in hot water over it.

In October, Sexton resigned.

In December or January, Boatright was named AD.

I have no idea what Boatright knew or didn't know a that very time, but I'd be surprised if any new AD/Assistant AD at a non-P5/Big East school would take on a Marshall level successful coach at that budding stage of his own career. If he did have knowledge, another guess is that he wasn't the only responsible person making decisions on what would or would not be done about it.

Comment

• If it came to a court fight, I think Boatright could have taken Marshall down and Marshall could have taken Boatright down. Marshall was more willing to go down than Boatright. Marshall was ready to retire - Boatright wasn't. Boatright agreed to an incredibly bad exit contract in order to not have his name dragged through the mud in a bitter court fight.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X