Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    By now, I think it's likely that Baker and VanVleet are among those who corroborated Shaq's story. I wish things weren't black and white, but that's the way things seem to be working out.

If my choice is to support Baker and VanVleet or to support a coach who put his hands on a player, I'm putting Baker's and VanVleet's unis in the rafters. Marshall goes into the HoF.
    Do you still support Tyson E. and Trey Wade, and Chadrack Lufile, and Wiggins, and Cle Early, and Ramon Clemente, who played for Marshall and still support him? How about X and Aubrey who didn't play for him and still supported him? Why do you have to make it an either or? How do you know for sure whether Fred, and Ron weren't just telling the truth to what they know and still supported Marshall? We've heard a couple of comments to the contrary that surprises me but I don't know for sure. I can support all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You are a little wrong.

I loathe the Chickens, but in real time it was easy to see ku was the one screwing up by running off Mangino. The circumstances are a little similar (gruff and insensitive coaching style).
      Sure...but I'm not sure it would have been almost unanimously looked at like a bad decision had he been alleged to have punch a player and choke a coach.

Point being, had this happened at KU and Bill Self was retained, I think many of the same people outraged that Marshall is leaving would be trashing KU for keeping Self.

Maybe I'm naive though

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

Sure...but I'm not sure it would have been almost unanimously looked at like a bad decision had he been alleged to have punch a player and choke a coach.

Point being, had this happened at KU and Bill Self was retained, I think many of the same people outraged that Marshall is leaving would be trashing KU for keeping Self.

Maybe I'm naive though
        If the same situation happened at KU, yes, we would be trashing KU, but not because we actually think Self should have been fired.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I could have possibly given the impression that it I believed it was a cut-and-dried situation. I do that a lot on this board because I don't have the time, or frankly, the inclination, to do anything but jot down a quick opinion. I'm on the move man.

So, my opinion, based upon the fact that a major part of this story (but certainly not all) had to do with an allegation from 5 years ago from a player who gave anything but an impression of ill-will at the time of his departure (and an endorsement from said players mom) would have been to give GGG a very public reprimand. After the 2nd exodus of the last several years it was probably called for. If there were no prior concerns (on record) that would seem to have not been too far fetched to do so.

Wasn't Randy S. reprimanded for demeaning behavior? How about C. Diggins gettin' ready to throw some 'bows if the kids didn't start setting hard screens?
          Your premise depends on whether Marshall would have accepted a very public reprimand. It also depends on whether there were any previous private reprimands we are not privy to.

You say he resigned because the AD can't fire him for cause.

I'm saying that may be true, but there also may be another explanation that we have to consider. So we can't jump to conclusions.

There is A LOT of jumping to conclusions on this thread.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Your premise depends on whether Marshall would have accepted a very public reprimand. It also depends on whether there were any previous private reprimands we are not privy to.

You say he resigned because the AD can't fire him for cause.

I'm saying that may be true, but there also may be another explanation that we have to consider. So we can't jump to conclusions.

There is A LOT of jumping to conclusions on this thread.
            He resigned because the AD isn't confident in their ability to fire for cause or willing to try and air everything out in court. That's why he got 7.75 million instead of zero.

He resigned and accepted "only" 7.75 million instead of getting a 15 million dollar buy-out because Marshall thought there was a reasonable chance he could be fired for cause and get zero if it went to court.

Seems like that's the most logical way to read this IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If the same situation happened at KU, yes, we would be trashing KU, but not because we actually think Self should have been fired.
              I get what you guys are saying. Because it's KU, of course we would call for him to be fired, trash the university's name and reputation, etc. It's all part of the state rivalry and built up contempt.

To me, that's the same type of thinking as defending Marshall because of your love of him, despite what you believe reality is. That's what I think is happening, and you guys have outlined that better than I could.

It's probably a lost cause trying to encourage critical thinking on an internet message board, but for some reason, that's what I'm doing.

Comment

• Seems to me like the whole thing on Tuesday between WSU and Marshall can be summed up in one word - compromise.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

I get what you guys are saying. Because it's KU, of course we would call for him to be fired, trash the university's name and reputation, etc. It's all part of the state rivalry and built up contempt.

To me, that's the same type of thinking as defending Marshall because of your love of him, despite what you believe reality is. That's what I think is happening, and you guys have outlined that better than I could.

It's probably a lost cause trying to encourage critical thinking on an internet message board, but for some reason, that's what I'm doing.
                  I could care less what happens at KU and I wouldn’t call for him to be fired if the shoe was on the other foot in this situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    Seems to me like the whole thing on Tuesday between WSU and Marshall can be summed up in one word - compromise.
                    Tends to happen when neither side has all the leverage.

Comment

• Can anybody find that Twitter post on here from a sports reporter that said he'd been sitting on complaints for years and is glad to see that they made the light of day. I can't find it anywhere, but I know I read it in one of these threads. He might have worked for KWCH?

Comment

You are a little wrong.

I loathe the Chickens, but in real time it was easy to see ku was the one screwing up by running off Mangino. The circumstances are a little similar (gruff and insensitive coaching style).
                        I went looking for a Mangino thread and found it here - https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell.../6813-ku-uh-oh - if you read through it it's actually amazing the parallels.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Can anybody find that Twitter post on here from a sports reporter that said he'd been sitting on complaints for years and is glad to see that they made the light of day. I can't find it anywhere, but I know I read it in one of these threads. He might have worked for KWCH?
                          See post #3649 on this thread.

Comment

Can anybody find that Twitter post on here from a sports reporter that said he'd been sitting on complaints for years and is glad to see that they made the light of day. I can't find it anywhere, but I know I read it in one of these threads. He might have worked for KWCH?
                            It was Arielle Orsuto that used to be at 12. Saw the tweet but can't find it now. May have been deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

It was Arielle Orsuto that used to be at 12. Saw the tweet but can't find it now. May have been deleted.
                              I had to do an advanced search on her twitter account and found it at https://twitter.com/ArielleOrsuto/st...85166580629504

Comment

I believe he is a she...Areilla Orsuto was the previous sports reporter for KWCH. She couldn't get players to go on record citing Marshall's abuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X