Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post

The two answers above this have pretty good definitions.
    If dans is correct that answers my questions.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Definition of powerful

1: having great power, prestige, or influence
      Yes, but that could be a wide range of people. Dan being correct about it meaning he who writes the checks is what I was after.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• An effective University President must know the demographics of powerful people within his customer base.

BOR Members - Important to Know
        SASO Board Members - Important
        Unaffiliated non-board members who still write many important checks for projects - Important
        Shockernet members - not important
        Self Identified Important Facebook Members - Not important

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

In the end it destroyed that presidents career and maybe WSU basketball.

I still disagree with this premise - it is pretty clear to me from the very public reaction from big donors in the wake of the Ivanka Trump commencement cancellation that this president ended his own career at Wichita State..
          The rest is just a bit of collateral damage for him waiting for the inevitable to happen.
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Do you know her? I don’t but the pictures I have of her in my mind aren’t flattering. She seems like a person who has a big inner Hole and lack of esteem that she spends her time in others business, giving advice and mothering Them to build up her lack of accomplishments and esteem. Instead of advising adult men on how to take care of their problems, she takes it on herself to do it for them.

She needs to get a job and help disadvantaged children who can’t do for themselves. Leave these college men alone.
            She needs to take a swan dive into a commercial-sized log chipper.

Comment

• Someone needs to ask ******* if Beamer was involved in his story.

Comment

• They will both deny it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Someone needs to ask ******* if Beamer was involved in his story.
                  Seems pretty obvious at this point. She's the nexus of the whole enchilada.

EDIT: I mean outside of the sorta obvious fact that at this point - regardless of outcome - GM needs to get his anger issues under control. The whole family kinda needs some therapy, maybe.
                  Last edited by SHOCKvalue; October 19, 2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Am I to understand that some crazy bit#h not associated in any way shape or form with the university will potentially take down one of the Top-10 head coaches in America??? This sounds completely asinine. Go pound dirt lady!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

I still disagree with this premise - it is pretty clear to me from the very public reaction from big donors in the wake of the Ivanka Trump commencement cancellation that this president ended his own career at Wichita State..
                      The rest is just a bit of collateral damage for him waiting for the inevitable to happen.
                      I agree. The Marshall investigation wasn’t even on donor radar when Golden resigned. Golden did himself in.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Beamer?
                        Who is Beamer? Sorry....slow to the party...

Comment

• Never mind...just caught up...

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            Someone needs to ask ******* if Beamer was involved in his story.
                            They have tweeted before:

Interesting article about her in the Sunflower from last year - https://thesunflower.com/37339/sport...l-see-clearly/ - if you don't know who she is the article covers a lot of her and they ever call her a "crazed Shocker basketball fan" in the headline.

FYI - in 2016 she ran for the KS House (District 85 - https://www.ksn.com/news/patty-beame...e-district-85/). The Wichita Eagle endorsed her (https://www.kansas.com/opinion/edito...113035768.html) but she lost (https://ballotpedia.org/Patty_Beamer - received a little over 1/3 of the votes cast).
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Who is Beamer? Sorry....slow to the party...
                              Karen Beamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

No. Asked and answered by Feuerborn in today's article. Swaim's style is to present a series of events in a way that manipulates the reader to infer that they might be directly related, even when there's no real evidence or reason to believe that they are. He then takes essentially nothing and forces a denial from the subject and buries it deep below several grafs of bullshit speculation, which in today's world reads as evasive, feeding the conspiratorial fires. It's not quite outright "yellow journalism" but it is damn sure multiple shades of Crayola removed from "white."
                                Would explain his masters at WSU as described in his Sunflower bio - https://thesunflower.com/staff/?writer=Chance%20Swaim - "working on his Master's of Fine Arts in Creative Writing"
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X