Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Why on earth didn't somebody take action back then?
    Why doesn't anybody immediately take action in these instances of abuse that get buried to protect higher-ups? Think about the USAG scandal, that went on for decades before anything came of it. To be frank, during our mass transfer exodus, there were a lot of fans trashing the players who transferred when they obviously didn't know the extent of what happened in the locker room or behind the scenes. And that's part of why people in those situations hesitate to speak up or just don't. Heck, even now I'm seeing people defend coach's behavior, which blows my mind.

Comment

• For those that can't get behind the paywall.

Marshall has taken the Shockers to a Final Four and made seven NCAA Tournament appearances

Comment

• Her is non- paywall story.

Comment

• I stand with Coach

Comment

• And starting Monday, SASO starts doling out basketball seating based on priority points. Could get very interesting regards on how many (if any) will bow out this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Tyreek Hill
              Tyreek Hill beat his kid and left welts and bruises. He beat the mother while she was pregnant. Hardly a martyr.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No way they can hire Jans after this. If Marshall retired ? Sure ... To fire someone over abuse only to turn around and hire someone that has had drinking problems and already been fired for sexual assault? Can't happen.
                I believe you are absolutely wrong on this viewpoint.
                Jans made a huge mistake and from information from people close to his family, quit drinking, truly reformed himself and has been nothing but a model citizen and coach at NMS. I would excitedly love to see him come here and hopefully responsible decision makers would offer him the opportunity. Enough time has passed for reasonable penance.
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• No, Jans won't be hired here now

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

I believe you are absolutely wrong on this viewpoint.
                    Jans made a huge mistake and from information from people close to his family, quit drinking, truly reformed himself and has been nothing but a model citizen and coach at NMS. I would excitedly love to see him come here and hopefully responsible decision makers would offer him the opportunity. Enough time has passed for reasonable penance.
                    I don't disagree at all with your thought process. I agree completely actually.

The public opinion won't agree. WSU would get crucified... Right or wrong ... If they hired Jans if they end up firing Gregg

Comment

• His biggest detractors who left last year only complained about being benched. This is rumor and innuendo. Let’s see evidence. Otherwise the details are everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        He gone. And should be.
                        I couldn't read the article due to paywall, but you know all allegations (whatever they are) to be true?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I couldn't read the article due to paywall, but you know all allegations (whatever they are) to be true?
                          Check post #152... I refuse paying to read an article.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Are there responsible decision makers in place? Jans might look at the treatment of Marshall & reject an offer.
                            Phi Alpha

Comment

• 2020 has been a huge pile of **** so far but I refuse to let this story add to it. Until something official is put out telling us otherwise, I stand with 3G. 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We have a poster swearing up amd down the parking lot incident happened. The only caveat I'll add is that if this is all from 2016 and nothing more comes out, maybe he survives.

His and his family's act has gotten old. The on court performance has not been great. He is paid handsomely for the privilege to coach WSU. I think it was time to stop the automatic renewals a couple of years ago. I don't write the checks, however.

Edit: reread the Athletic article. It is all from 15-16 season. Without further documented and verified issues, he doesn't deserve to be axed over 4 year old incidents that were adjudicated at the time. I stand by the auto renewal comment.
                                Last edited by BOBB; October 8, 2020, 10:34 PM.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X