X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    It took 3 winners pulling off some serious wins to get us to our most recent Shocker Golden Era: Jim Schaus, Dr. John Bardo, and Gregg Marshall.

No need to start slitting our wrists at this point, but being somber is not an irrational state all things considered. We have an uphill battle ahead of us.
    Don't underestimate the importance of Dr. Beggs (I knew him pretty well and he had a vision for greatness) who hired Jim Schaus, who hired Mark Turgeon. Turgeon ultimately got the train 'primed and painted' and ready to get back on the track...

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    I too liked the Valley, partly because we had the potential to be the big fish in the little pond. That is why Jans would think twice about returning to a WSU in the AAC...he's already achieved the big fish role in the WAC.
    We?? LOL! Good one.

Such small time thinking. That is what held us back before and what kept Turgeon from getting us really over the hump.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    I too liked the Valley, partly because we had the potential to be the big fish in the little pond. That is why Jans would think twice about returning to a WSU in the AAC...he's already achieved the big fish role in the WAC.
    No disrespect intended, but you sound like a typical KU fan. They ridiculed and belittled us when we were in the Valley and now they want us to return... and we'll always be 'mid-major' to them. Believe me, I live with them.

Leave a comment:

• N Crestway
    replied

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    It took 3 winners pulling off some serious wins to get us to our most recent Shocker Golden Era: Jim Schaus, Dr. John Bardo, and Gregg Marshall.

No need to start slitting our wrists at this point, but being somber is not an irrational state all things considered. We have an uphill battle ahead of us.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
    Criticize away.
    Print my comments out and look at them again in two years.
    I take no joy in my prediictions. Ive been a Shocker fan longer than most of you have been alive, going back to the early 1960's.
    I would love to be wrong.
    But I don't think I will be.

Bad for WSU basketball and bad for WSU athletics altogether.

Tell me which of my comments are wrong and give me data to support your position.
    You can simply disagree, and we will see.

Again, I hope I am wrong, but I am a realist.
    Dreams and wishes don't make things come true.
    People making it happen and funding from donors does.

We now have a weak AD, and no President.
    We are in the middle of a pandemic.
    Universities across the country are struggling with athletics. Smaller conferences have cancelled all fall sports.

But somehow, it is going to be different at WSU.

I hope so, but I doubt it.

Your dire prediction is the smart bet in the context of our history. I hope we get lucky again and regain some momentum though. Many on here are incapable/unwilling to fully appreciate how far we've come. Without Marshall and his accomplishments, we wouldn't have even sniffed the AAC. I assure you they have buyer's remorse at this time. No football + no Marshall = no national reputation. Nobody bets on Wichita State (the institution) to reload, they bet on us to slip into obscurity. The AAC cannot afford to have that happen. We don't have the city/enrollment our peers have which puts us at a permanent disadvantage in every alignment scenario.

The bottom line is this; we need a homerun hire and we need to get back to the Dance soon. If we go on a 5 year NCAA drought, the odds that we slip into another long slumber are greater than us regaining what we had under Marshall.

P.S. The clock is ticking and nobody is at the helm of the ship.

P.P.S. No matter what happens, we had a great run. And this Shocker fan has enough fond memories thanks to Marshall and Co. to last a lifetime. We were on top of the world for a while. And. We. Belonged. Few outside of the BCS get to experience that feeling.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

What lies? Coach K and Ben C both said that pitchers were told to do throw close to players timing pitches. You tried to justify what happened to this kid with something that he did years later is sick. Your lack of character is showing if you think what happened was ok. I don’t think he intended to hit him but this happened because he was instructed to throw close to players timing pitches.

Gene was a great coach who had total control over the program. He is ultimately responsible for what happened.

Of course you are the super shocker baseball expert who calls other people names because you disagree with a comment. I guess your thousands of posts on this forum give you that right. Get over yourself and get a life.

C'mon man!

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    hey, has there been any gloating by Mumbles *******?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Criticize away.
    I take no joy in my prediictions. Ive been a Shocker fan longer than most of you have been alive, going back to the early 1960's.

Tell me which of my comments are wrong and give me data to support your position.

Universities across the country are struggling with athletics. Smaller conferences have cancelled all fall sports.

I don't have a problem with your opinions. Your post was not stated as an opinion. You framed it like you have all of these facts to support your stance, and you don't. You might very well be right, you might very well be wrong.

Not sure how your tenure as a Shocker fan makes anything you said more valid.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

What lies? Coach K and Ben C both said that pitchers were told to do throw close to players timing pitches. You tried to justify what happened to this kid with something that he did years later is sick. Your lack of character is showing if you think what happened was ok. I don’t think he intended to hit him but this happened because he was instructed to throw close to players timing pitches.

Gene was a great coach who had total control over the program. He is ultimately responsible for what happened.

Of course you are the super shocker baseball expert who calls other people names because you disagree with a comment. I guess your thousands of posts on this forum give you that right. Get over yourself and get a life.

Leave a comment:

• David Rahm
    replied
    Criticize away.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This is what you said:

You tried to do a Good-man and disparage the WSU HOF baseball coach by spreading lies. How many lies were in that sentence?

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    Turg recruited on a jet but Marshall could use it for personal trips 3(?) times a year.
    Turg had a certain amount built in for jet travel. $70,000 I believe. Marshall didn’t have limits.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Fourth, Charlie Koch is in his mid-80s and isn't going to live forever.
    T. Boone Pickens died a year ago. I must have missed the memo regarding Oklahoma State's athletic department discontinuation. Oh, they have other major donors? Oh, okay. So does Wichita State. Is this a tough time right now? Of course it is. But every institution of higher learning with an athletics department is facing the exact same economic challenges, so it's not unique to Wichita State.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Hate to be a killjoy,
    Actually it look like you are enjoying it

but here are a few facts.
    Could you point me to the facts? Where they in code? All I saw was a childish tantrum.

Get ready to see Shockers in bottom half of the American.
    They were already projected to be in the bottom half of the American with Gregg Marshall, so you big bad prediction is just lame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X