X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Originally posted by BA2929
    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    I don't know why but we seem to be shooting worse than last year. At some point, the coaching staff has to take responsibility for this;

Why does the coaching staff have to take responsibility? They don't shoot the ball, they don't practice shots jumpers, they can only run practice. If you've ever attended a WSU practice, you'd see that they practice jumpers for over half the practice. The Coaching staff is doing all they can to help the guys shoot better, at some point the players need to take responsibility and get in the gym for some extra work. Especially on Free Throws.
    Marshall has commented numerous times that plenty of shots fall in practice, and FT's have never been a problem... AT PRACTICE.

I hate to use the word "choke", so I'll just say they are "tight" when the lights are on.

That works for me, but it didn't answer why the coaching staff has to take responsibility for shots falling. If the guys miss in the game, the coaches can't call a timeout and run through a shooting drill or pull out the Jack to calm them down a little.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Why does the coaching staff have to take responsibility? They don't shoot the ball, they don't practice shots jumpers, they can only run practice. If you've ever attended a WSU practice, you'd see that they practice jumpers for over half the practice. The Coaching staff is doing all they can to help the guys shoot better, at some point the players need to take responsibility and get in the gym for some extra work. Especially on Free Throws
      It works both ways if they don't take the responsibility for the shortcomings of this team they cannot take credit for any success that it may achieve.
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
        Why does the coaching staff have to take responsibility? They don't shoot the ball, they don't practice shots jumpers, they can only run practice. If you've ever attended a WSU practice, you'd see that they practice jumpers for over half the practice. The Coaching staff is doing all they can to help the guys shoot better, at some point the players need to take responsibility and get in the gym for some extra work. Especially on Free Throws
        It works both ways if they don't take the responsibility for the shortcomings of this team they cannot take credit for any success that it may achieve.
        Listen to the post game. HCGM doesn't know why the shots aren't falling. He works with the guys in practice and they fall there but not in the game. What can the guy do to take more responsibility than to practice shooting for 75% of practice? Suit up? Cut everyone? I guess I just don't get how a coach can take more responsibility when he works with the guys each day for most of practice and then they don't step it up and make shots during the game.
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

its so funny,more than half the people on here really think they should be D 1 coaches.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            its so funny,more than half the people on here really think they should be D 1 coaches.
            I don't know much, but I know that coaches can only go so far in helping guys shoot. After a certain point, its up to the players.
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
              Originally posted by newshock1234
              I don't know much, but I know that coaches can only go so far in helping guys shoot. After a certain point, its up to the players.
              i agree 100%
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
              X